Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Well it is the past! So move on Mr Moss! Pats really have not been the same since 2007 since Spygate!
    You realize Moss isn't bringing this up, and he was asked it in an interview right?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    1998 NFC Championship Game. The Vikings have the ball with under four minutes in the second quarter and Randy Moss drops an easy touchdown pass to take the lead 24-7. But yet everyone blames Gary Anderson for the loss, and some blame Denny for taking a knee before half.

If Randy catches that pass(which hit him right between the numbers)we win and move on to destroy the Broncos.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I'd agree with him, the way the game constantly advances with sports science, better conditioning, coaching, even the type of players in certain positions eg the size of linemen compared with previously. I would say the overall level is higher now so most of these hypothetical match ups favor the latter era team. In fact I would say if the 72 Dolphins were playing this year they'd be a 4-12 team.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    1998 NFC Championship Game. The Vikings have the ball with under four minutes in the second quarter and Randy Moss drops an easy touchdown pass to take the lead 24-7. But yet everyone blames Gary Anderson for the loss, and some blame Denny for taking a knee before half.

If Randy catches that pass(which hit him right between the numbers)we win and move on to destroy the Broncos.

Really??? I need to re-watch that game....Griffin also dropped a pick in the end zone late in the game too that woulda sealed it

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Really??? I need to re-watch that game....Griffin also dropped a pick in the end zone late in the game too that woulda sealed it
    I don't remember the Moss TD drop either, but I do remember Griffs dropped INT. After the missed FG we still had a 7 point lead with 2 min to go and Atlanta had to go the length of the field. The FG would have made it a heck of a lot easier, but the defense choked just as much as Gary for not being able to stop the likes of Chris Chandler on that final drive. And then getting all conservative in OT didn't help either. Our prolific offense had the ball twice in OT. Everyone makes it seem like Anderson's miss was Scott Norwood like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12