singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Mosley gets first start

[size=18px]Vikings’ Mosley gets first start[/size]

By Dave Campbell, The Forum
    Published Friday, December 02, 2005

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. – NFL backups live a lot like firefighters, knowing they can be called to duty at a moment’s notice.

Minnesota’s C.J. Mosley is the latest example, pressed into significant playing time at defensive tackle against Cleveland last week when Kevin Williams sprained his knee.

The sixth-round draft pick, who left Missouri with one year of eligibility remaining, had only five tackles while appearing sporadically in six of the Vikings’ first 10 games. But last Sunday against the Browns, Mosley had two sacks, a forced fumble and seven tackles.

This week, he’ll make his first NFL start at Detroit.

“I really felt like I wasn’t doing anything,� Mosley said. “So to finally make a contribution to the team defense, it really boosts my confidence.

“It’s a long season. I knew I had to concentrate, keep working and stay on my tippy-toes.�

After the Browns game, Tice highlighted Mosley’s strong performance – but also noted that he heard through his headset the rookie’s name prefaced by “curse words� a couple of times from the coaches.

“The comments he’s been giving me around here,� Mosley said, “I don’t know if he has confidence in me.�

On Thursday, though, Tice praised the rookie for his progress – suggesting that he matured in training camp when a couple of his relatives died and he had to miss some practice time to attend funerals.

“I think sometimes in life when you have those adversities, you grow up,� Tice said.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SamDawg84 Guest

Re: Mosley gets first start

cj looked awesome vs the browns

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Right on man.. Develop the young talent! Glad he gets to play but hopefully K-will comes back.. If Mosley keeps performing like he did last week and K-will comes back soon do you think we keep him there and put K at end?

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Right on man.. Develop the young talent! Glad he gets to play but hopefully K-will comes back.. If Mosley keeps performing like he did last week and K-will comes back soon do you think we keep him there and put K at end?
    no way. he wasn't doing squat there when we were playing the 3-4. i bet they'll rotate K-Will and Mosley so they can both stay fresh during the game.

one thing i've wondered is why haven't they put Mosley in there more often because wasn't this his first appearance in any game?

Thanks Josdin

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

More likely they would rotate him in for Pat. Spencer Johnson will also have to step up as well with K-Will not playing the next two games.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

after the way he played, he should be starting
    We're bringing purple back.