Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    VaViking1 is offline Training Camp

More Viking trouble

I just thought of something positive about this fight / arrest thing. EJ's knee must be feeling pretty good. I also question the police's statement that the guy was unconscious and they were still stomping him. If he was so bad off. How come he was released from the hospital the same night. If someone has a head injury they are usually keep them overnight for observation. This guy couldn't have been as bad off as the police reported. IMO

Tommy - VIKINGS Fan for Life!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

More Viking trouble

No kidding, the police are just out to get our boys!! Yeah, it was stupid what they did, but I don't think it was quite as severe as it was reported!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

More Viking trouble

I feel no need to rub it in. You are all doing a fine job yourselves.

BTW, I DO place this on Tice's neck, just as I place McKenzie's situation on Sherman. This has been an ongoing problems with the Vikes, and I've never been impressed with Caveman-Boy throwing a chair to make a point while the world crashes down around him.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

More Viking trouble

I don't see how either case it is the coaches fault! The coaches can preach all they want for their players to behave themselves, but these are grown men and they do what they want. Like someone said earlier it's not Tice's job to have bedchecks every night. The same with McKenzie (as much as I would like to blame it on Sherman) he is a grown man who is being a baby right now!! The only thing I think the coaches can do is fine their players and cut their playing time to teach them a lesson. They can't hold their hands outside of games and practices though!! Just my thoughts!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

More Viking trouble

You're kind of misintepreting, VKG. What I'm saying is that Sherman/Tice don't have to be checking the matrees in the event they players wet the bed, but they do establish the expectations, and they DO establish the consequences for inapprproiate actions.

Trust me, I'm not sold on Sherman, but when he put Antonio Freeman on the reserve list for the last game of the season a couple seasons back, it sent a message.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

More Viking trouble

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    You're kind of misintepreting, VKG. What I'm saying is that Sherman/Tice don't have to be checking the matrees in the event they players wet the bed, but they do establish the expectations, and they DO establish the consequences for inapprproiate actions.

Trust me, I'm not sold on Sherman, but when he put Antonio Freeman on the reserve list for the last game of the season a couple seasons back, it sent a message.

I totally agree with you LA. If our coach didn't deserve any blame, then why does no other team, have anywhere near the trouble we have had since tice has been here? Again, a player for parcells does not get into trouble, regardless of how young and immature they are. They know that if they screw up and do something stupid, parcells won't put up with it and he will make them pay. Our players see how Tice reacts when they continue to screw up, and they have no fear of doing something wrong. tice needs to make an example out of someone, and show he is done putting up wih all these immature actions by his players. I know, tice doesn't deserve all the blame, since these guys are grown men and do what they want, but he does deserve a lot of the blame. STOP MAING IT SEEM LIKE IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN THEY CONTINUE TO DO THESE IMMATURE THINGS AND PUNISH THESE GUYS SEVERLEY!

More Viking trouble

OK, I see what your saying los and muchluv!! I agree that the coach should establish both expectations and consequeces and follow through with them!!

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

More Viking trouble

I agree that there should be severe penalties. If they were fined and had to sit out a couple games, they would think twice. Tice should have clear rules that state the consequences and if it happens again cut them. I don't care if it is Randy Moss, no one player is greater than the team. These players are young and need to learn now or there will be more trouble down the road. Tice needs to take control of this team. I thought he would be a more dominate coach, we do not need another players' coach. We had Denny and you saw what happened with him. Players' coaches never win the big one because their teams don't have any discipline. Tice has one more year for me and then I think he has to go. He has to win this year, I usually give a coach four or five years before I make a decision on his ability. Tice, however, has not had control of the team and the drinking and off field problems are showing a deeper problem with this team. I think this team needs a Parcells type coach who will keep a tight reign on these yahoos.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

More Viking trouble

I say lets give these guys their day in court
    before passing judgement too fast. If guilty
    they should be punished and if they where
    defending a fellow team mate well thats what
    they are supposed to do.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

More Viking trouble

These players are innocent until proven guilty but they have other brushes with the law. They have to learn where they should and shouldn't go in town. One of the rules the lawyer told them was to never stay at a bar at closing time. When did that incident happen, closing time. They also have to know they are marked men, stupid people who have a chip on their shoulder or want a law suit are going to start trouble with them. They have to be smart enough to walk away.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234