Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

"singersp" wrote:
    I'm predicting a big drop in season ticket sales this year. I'm debating whether or not to renew mine.
    I actually think this is why Zygi is stepping in to do more PR time.
    There will be a drop in season ticket owners, but I don't think we will get down to the levels we were at in the lean eighties.

Also, a strong draft and free agency does a lot to generate excitement.
    The potential to be a great team or have a great play maker sells tickets too.

On the plus side... if there is a big drop in season tickets then at least I will be moving down a few rows. ;D

Keep the faith Singer.
    No matter how lean it gets, hope springs anew every September...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I'm predicting a big drop in season ticket sales this year. I'm debating whether or not to renew mine.
    There will be a drop in season ticket owners, but I don't think we will get down to the levels we were at in the lean eighties.

On the plus side... if there is a big drop in season tickets then at least I will be moving down a few rows. ;D

Keep the faith Singer.
    That's what I was banking on when I bought 3 sets of season tix this past season.

With the acquisitions we had & a new coaching staff, evertyhing was looking rosey.

But hell, even the season opener didn't bring face value.

The reason I may not renew my tickets is for the fact that I believe I can get them for under face-value next year & won't have to pay full price for pre-season games.

I'll still be going, just not by way of season tix. I don't think the tix will be high in demand this coming year until Childress can crank out a winning season.

But then again, if a lot of season tix aren't sold, it could also mean a lot less tix will be available on eBay making the price go up. It could bite me in the jiggly butt.

I'm more tempted to take a chance on the buying end via eBay rather than making a big investment in selling season tix to upgrade my seats & taking the $1,500+ loss in the shorts like i did this past season.

If you are going to move up, this is the year to do it. Go for what you can afford or are willing to pay, but I bet you can move up by more than 3 rows & over in the direction of mid-field & even into the lower level.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Berserker66 is offline Waterboy

"WVV" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Part of me wonders if the decline of the vikings season and the decline in the possibility of a stadium deal had anything to do with each other. Could Wilf be submarining the team in an effort to diminish support for the team so that it would be easier for them to leave to greener pastures? That is my conspiracy theory and I am going to stick to it because it is the only thing that can sensibly explain some of their actions.
    I have seriously worried about that fact for a long time, and I really hope you're wrong,
    I'm also not to thrilled about this:
    Brad Childress said Tuesday that he plans to call the plays again next season
    Hope it works next year.
    I could of swore on an eagles podcast/or report
    awhile back, that they said that Childress never called the plays that Reid did it, and the only person he allowed to call plays was Mornhinweg. I am scared LOL

"Berserker66" wrote:
    "WVV" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Part of me wonders if the decline of the vikings season and the decline in the possibility of a stadium deal had anything to do with each other. Could Wilf be submarining the team in an effort to diminish support for the team so that it would be easier for them to leave to greener pastures? That is my conspiracy theory and I am going to stick to it because it is the only thing that can sensibly explain some of their actions.
    I have seriously worried about that fact for a long time, and I really hope you're wrong,
    I'm also not to thrilled about this:
    Brad Childress said Tuesday that he plans to call the plays again next season
    Hope it works next year.
    I could of swore on an eagles podcast/or report
    awhile back, that they said that Childress never called the plays that Reid did it, and the only person he allowed to call plays was Mornhinweg. I am scared LOL
    Reid called the plays in Philly, not Childress. Childress was to Reid then, what Bevell is to Childress now.

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

this is just something im wondering since i dont live in the MN, does the new stadium ever come up in political debates when officials are running for office? im just curious...it would seem like a state that has lost the Stars & Lakers might be a bit worried about losing another pro team *cough* and KG to the current lakers (thats just my pipe dream)....

as far as the vikes moving out of MN, we could only wish that the old commish Tags was still in...i saw an interveiw with him a month or so before he left office and he was asked if there was anything he wished he could have done before he was done, and i crap you not, first words out of his mouth were get the vikes a new stadium...it was on espn so some of you may have seen it...

anywho...with the saints rebirth i doubt the vikes have much to worry about...my guess would be from rumors and whatnot that the jags would be the first to move out to LA...that fan base is a bit poo if ya ask me...damn near 25-30% of the stadium left on a monday night game cause it was 50 degrees out...

peace...
    peace...

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Keep the faith Singer.
    That's what I was banking on when I bought 3 sets of season tix this past season.

With the acquisitions we had & a new coaching staff, evertyhing was looking rosey.

But hell, even the season opener didn't bring face value.

The reason I may not renew my tickets is for the fact that I believe I can get them for under face-value next year & won't have to pay full price for pre-season games.

I'll still be going, just not by way of season tix. I don't think the tix will be high in demand this coming year until Childress can crank out a winning season.

But then again, if a lot of season tix aren't sold, it could also mean a lot less tix will be available on eBay making the price go up. It could bite me in the jiggly butt.

I'm more tempted to take a chance on the buying end via eBay rather than making a big investment in selling season tix to upgrade my seats & taking the $1,500+ loss in the shorts like i did this past season.

If you are going to move up, this is the year to do it. Go for what you can afford or are willing to pay, but I bet you can move up by more than 3 rows & over in the direction of mid-field & even into the lower level.
    I've found that the best movement in my seats has been in the lean years when season ticket owners opt out.
    Still though, I've considered giving them up myself.
    It's a lot of money for four seats in the high priced area.
    I've tried a few times to get someone to split the tickets, to no avail.
    I have a few weeks to decide before I get the first bill from Zygi.
    I'll see how much the tickets go up too.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

faninphx is offline Starter

I was very unimpressed with the writer and the article.
    He seems like a weasely mudslinger who just wants to make himself look good by making other people look bad(like most sportswriters and movie critics).
    I must say I'm even less impressed with the reaction to the article from most people here.
    We just have to realize that this year wasn't meant to be.
    Number one draft pick out before the year starts, starting CB out before the year starts, #1 receiver DUI, star D lineman IR'd after week two.....

Outside of our slightly improved running game we just had no...receiving...weapons...at...all.
    I think overall our defense played well and we will be fine down the road.

"SWAYZE74" wrote:

this is just something im wondering since i dont live in the MN, does the new stadium ever come up in political debates when officials are running for office? im just curious...it would seem like a state that has lost the Stars & Lakers might be a bit worried about losing another pro team *cough* and KG to the current lakers (thats just my pipe dream)....
    I don't think it worries the state legislature. They didn't learn their lesson when they lost the Lakers & they ended up letting the Stars leave after that, only to replace them with new pro teams down the road & build those teams new stadiums.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

IMO, part of the reason we DON'T have a stadium is because of guys and articles like this. If the team were winning, it wouldn't be a problem, but as it is the only people that can REALLY inspire anyone to support a new stadium are those in the media and they've done nothing but rip the organization over the past few years.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"faninphx" wrote:
    I was very unimpressed with the writer and the article.
    He seems like a weasely mudslinger who just wants to make himself look good by making other people look bad(like most sportswriters and movie critics).
    I must say I'm even less impressed with the reaction to the article from most people here.
    We just have to realize that this year wasn't meant to be.
    Number one draft pick out before the year starts, starting CB out before the year starts, #1 receiver DUI, star D lineman IR'd after week two.....

Outside of our slightly improved running game we just had no...receiving...weapons...at...all.
    I think overall our defense played well and we will be fine down the road.
    Most of those injuries were on the defensive side of the ball...which was not our main problem.
    Biggest problem was no offense...which started with the horrible play calling...and was excerbated by the fact that our WRs weren't making the plays that they should have been, especially TWill.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast