Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

    Part of me wonders if the decline of the vikings season and the decline in the possibility of a stadium deal had anything to do with each other. Could Wilf be submarining the team in an effort to diminish support for the team so that it would be easier for them to leave to greener pastures? That is my conspiracy theory and I am going to stick to it because it is the only thing that can sensibly explain some of their actions.

  3. #3
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Part of me wonders if the decline of the vikings season and the decline in the possibility of a stadium deal had anything to do with each other. Could Wilf be submarining the team in an effort to diminish support for the team so that it would be easier for them to leave to greener pastures? That is my conspiracy theory and I am going to stick to it because it is the only thing that can sensibly explain some of their actions.
    I have seriously worried about that fact for a long time, and I really hope you're wrong,
    I'm also not to thrilled about this:
    Brad Childress said Tuesday that he plans to call the plays again next season
    Hope it works next year.

  4. #4
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

    Well, if he calls plays like he did this season next year, he will most likely be fired... I know as a fan of this team, I can't bare to see a repeat of this season...

  5. #5
    douginc's Avatar
    douginc is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    220

    Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Well, if he calls plays like he did this season next year, he will most likely be fired... I know as a fan of this team, I can't bare to see a repeat of this season...
    I was thinking that to myself today.
    I couldn't stand to be a Lions fan - years and years of that crap.
    No thanks, if there's not a turnaround next year, I'll spend my hard earned money and free time watching more Gophers hockey or something.
    Whew, I don't want to have to pull my hair bald next year.

    [of course, i'm a diehard vikings fan.
    unfortunately, i talk the talk, but can't back it up.
    i know i'd be watching them anyway, just.......really angrily]

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Part of me wonders if the decline of the vikings season and the decline in the possibility of a stadium deal had anything to do with each other. Could Wilf be submarining the team in an effort to diminish support for the team so that it would be easier for them to leave to greener pastures? That is my conspiracy theory and I am going to stick to it because it is the only thing that can sensibly explain some of their actions.
    What decline in the possibility of a stadium deal?
    Anoka County backed out because Wilf was looking at other options... options that had a better possibility of making it past the political hurdle.
    We are still in good shape for the coming legislative season.

    Granted it would have been better after a winning season, but let's not jump off the deep end with "conspiracy theories" and "greener pastures" just yet.
    :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

    "NodakPaul" wrote:

    What decline in the possibility of a stadium deal?
    Anoka County backed out because Wilf was looking at other options... options that had a better possibility of making it past the political hurdle.
    We are still in good shape for the coming legislative season.
    IMO, Not after the legislature gets a wiff of how poorly the season ticket sales will be going next year.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    Mystophales is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    54

    Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

    I don't see a scenario where the Viking fans would turn their backs enough on this team in order to even give them that excuse. Vikes fans are pretty loyal no matter how bad it gets.

  9. #9
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

    "Mystophales" wrote:
    I don't see a scenario where the Viking fans would turn their backs enough on this team in order to even give them that excuse. Vikes fans are pretty loyal no matter how bad it gets.
    I'll assume you weren't watching what tickets were selling for on eBay. With the exception of the Bears, Packers & Rams game, the selling price brought about 1/3
    to 3/4 of face value.

    For Vikings fan season ticket holders who sell a portion or most of their tix or for those individuals & ticket brokers who sell all their tix on eBay, that kind of loss will prevent a good share of them from renewing their season tix.

    There is no waiting list for season tix & you could still by them via the Vikings season ticket office all year long.

    I'm predicting a big drop in season ticket sales this year. I'm debating whether or not to renew mine.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #10
    sandviking's Avatar
    sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Tomah, WI
    Posts
    417

    Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

    Surely he realizes that his stadium quest is being adversely affected. When the public doesn't feel good about a team, ground isn't going to be broken any time soon. Not unless it's to bury someone. Childress hasn't given them anything to believe in. And asking for blind faith is not a reasonable request.

    Hello?
    Arizona Cardinals' University of Phoenix Stadium!! (Almost known as Pink Taco stadium)

    Peace through superior firepower!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 03:40 PM
  2. Legislature holds public hearing to discuss stadium
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 03:22 PM
  3. gOOD lUCK
    By The Gap in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 03:59 PM
  4. Good Game and Good Luck Texans
    By Kleinsasser40 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 04:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •