Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

Part of me wonders if the decline of the vikings season and the decline in the possibility of a stadium deal had anything to do with each other. Could Wilf be submarining the team in an effort to diminish support for the team so that it would be easier for them to leave to greener pastures? That is my conspiracy theory and I am going to stick to it because it is the only thing that can sensibly explain some of their actions.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: More of the same won't cut it with the public, and good luck on that stadium

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Part of me wonders if the decline of the vikings season and the decline in the possibility of a stadium deal had anything to do with each other. Could Wilf be submarining the team in an effort to diminish support for the team so that it would be easier for them to leave to greener pastures? That is my conspiracy theory and I am going to stick to it because it is the only thing that can sensibly explain some of their actions.
    I have seriously worried about that fact for a long time, and I really hope you're wrong,
    I'm also not to thrilled about this:
    Brad Childress said Tuesday that he plans to call the plays again next season
    Hope it works next year.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Well, if he calls plays like he did this season next year, he will most likely be fired... I know as a fan of this team, I can't bare to see a repeat of this season...

douginc is offline Starter

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Well, if he calls plays like he did this season next year, he will most likely be fired... I know as a fan of this team, I can't bare to see a repeat of this season...
    I was thinking that to myself today.
    I couldn't stand to be a Lions fan - years and years of that crap.
    No thanks, if there's not a turnaround next year, I'll spend my hard earned money and free time watching more Gophers hockey or something.
    Whew, I don't want to have to pull my hair bald next year.

[of course, i'm a diehard vikings fan.
    unfortunately, i talk the talk, but can't back it up.
    i know i'd be watching them anyway, just.......really angrily]

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    What decline in the possibility of a stadium deal?
    Anoka County backed out because Wilf was looking at other options... options that had a better possibility of making it past the political hurdle.
    We are still in good shape for the coming legislative season.

Granted it would have been better after a winning season, but let's not jump off the deep end with "conspiracy theories" and "greener pastures" just yet.
    :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:

What decline in the possibility of a stadium deal?
    Anoka County backed out because Wilf was looking at other options... options that had a better possibility of making it past the political hurdle.
    We are still in good shape for the coming legislative season.
    IMO, Not after the legislature gets a wiff of how poorly the season ticket sales will be going next year.

Mystophales is offline Rookie

I don't see a scenario where the Viking fans would turn their backs enough on this team in order to even give them that excuse. Vikes fans are pretty loyal no matter how bad it gets.

"Mystophales" wrote:
    I don't see a scenario where the Viking fans would turn their backs enough on this team in order to even give them that excuse. Vikes fans are pretty loyal no matter how bad it gets.
    I'll assume you weren't watching what tickets were selling for on eBay. With the exception of the Bears, Packers & Rams game, the selling price brought about 1/3
    to 3/4 of face value.

For Vikings fan season ticket holders who sell a portion or most of their tix or for those individuals & ticket brokers who sell all their tix on eBay, that kind of loss will prevent a good share of them from renewing their season tix.

There is no waiting list for season tix & you could still by them via the Vikings season ticket office all year long.

I'm predicting a big drop in season ticket sales this year. I'm debating whether or not to renew mine.

sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Surely he realizes that his stadium quest is being adversely affected. When the public doesn't feel good about a team, ground isn't going to be broken any time soon. Not unless it's to bury someone. Childress hasn't given them anything to believe in. And asking for blind faith is not a reasonable request.

Hello?
    Arizona Cardinals' University of Phoenix Stadium!! (Almost known as Pink Taco stadium)

Peace through superior firepower!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast