Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

More resignings?

Theres an article on vikings.theinsiders.com about more potential re-signings, wondering if anybody read it that has access to that site?

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

More resignings?

Don't have access, wish I did.

The one re-signing I'd be interested in seeing would be re-signing CB Derek Ross if it looks like he will be fit to play anytime soon. I'm hopeful that Shaw and Brown, the two guys they just picked up, will pan out, but they were out on the street for a reason. Ross is young and showed a lot of potential when healthy.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

More resignings?

We're not allowed to post restricted VU articles on here, but I can just give you an idea of what it was talking about. Basically, the Vikings have plenty of salary cap money to resign free agents and also sign reserves for injured positions and it sounded like they are willing to spend that money.

Several free agents after this year, the biggest ones are Hovan, Claiborne, and Dixon.

There was also praise for Tice, saying he is one of the better long term thinkers among coaches in the league. I have to say I agree, one thing I like about the Vikings is their ability to recognize and pursue talented players, and keep them on the team for the long term.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

More resignings?

thanks

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

More resignings?

BRIAN WILLIAMS we cannott let him get away. I also agree with Chris Claiborne, he is a beast, even though he got banged up last year he is NOT injury prone what so ever. Dixon is getting older but if he wants to play sign him.

Hovan is a question mark for me he has to come up big he didnt do so well in the dallas game, he did get some presure but i would hold off giving him an extension. People like Brian Williams are the ones that deserve it CB's are hard to come by. He has showed no signs of slowing down, he needs to be resigned.

I would also like to see people like Kelly Cambell back he is someone that can come off the bench and burn a tired defense those types of players need to be back.

We are gonna have some tuff choices to make at RB, Bennett's contract will be up, Ontterio will be under contract next year. I guess we will have to see what Bennett does when he gets back. I dont think theres any question he will trash people but damnit he has to stay healthy.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

More resignings?

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    We're not allowed to post restricted VU articles on here, but I can just give you an idea of what it was talking about. Basically, the Vikings have plenty of salary cap money to resign free agents and also sign reserves for injured positions and it sounded like they are willing to spend that money.

Several free agents after this year, the biggest ones are Hovan, Claiborne, and Dixon.

There was also praise for Tice, saying he is one of the better long term thinkers among coaches in the league. I have to say I agree, one thing I like about the Vikings is their ability to recognize and pursue talented players, and keep them on the team for the long term.
    Just curious who told you that you cant post restricted VU articles here?? Are there any mods or mangaers from VU that are posters here????
    Ive seen other people post restricted articles at other messageboards.

But thanx for the info anywayz.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

More resignings?

Well I wouldnt do it, I have never heard for sure that its illegal but it should. What sd said was enough of an idea on what it was about, he summed it up pretty well.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

More resignings?

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:

Just curious who told you that you cant post restricted VU articles here?? Are there any mods or mangaers from VU that are posters here????
    Ive seen other people post restricted articles at other messageboards.

But thanx for the info anywayz.
    VU has rules against that. I asked the webmaster about it after I posted a VU article in here a couple months ago and he confirmed that we're not allowed to do that, although there's nothing wrong with telling everyone about the article.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

More resignings?

claiborne has a bad achilles and in an article i found about a month ago said that his achilles will not hold up, it is bound to be injured again...but if he makes it thru the season then i guess it is something to think about

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

More resignings?

"vikingstw" wrote:
    BRIAN WILLIAMS we cannott let him get away. I also agree with Chris Claiborne, he is a beast, even though he got banged up last year he is NOT injury prone what so ever. Dixon is getting older but if he wants to play sign him.

Hovan is a question mark for me he has to come up big he didnt do so well in the dallas game, he did get some presure but i would hold off giving him an extension. People like Brian Williams are the ones that deserve it CB's are hard to come by. He has showed no signs of slowing down, he needs to be resigned.

I would also like to see people like Kelly Cambell back he is someone that can come off the bench and burn a tired defense those types of players need to be back.

We are gonna have some tuff choices to make at RB, Bennett's contract will be up, Ontterio will be under contract next year. I guess we will have to see what Bennett does when he gets back. I dont think theres any question he will trash people but damnit he has to stay healthy.

I am pretty sure that bennett has another year after this year. I wasn't sure if you meant his contract was up at the end of the year, but I believe him and onterrio both have 2 years left on their contracts now. That will make it tough for us to keep both guys, and not trade one. We know that both will want to be a #1 RB for any team, so no way we could expect to resign both when their contracts are up. I think we are gonna be forced to trade one of them and make the other our #1 RB next year. It helps that we have mewelde moore. We need to get something in return for one of them and not just let them play out their contract and then leave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast