Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

more proof the general public gives us no credit

there is a poll on nfl.com about which 2-0 vs 2-0 game is most intriguing, now i can see how jacksonville vs the colts is most, but we're far ranked below atlanta vs new orleans..

oh well, at least the broadcast companies respect the rivalry between these two and we're recieving most of the national broadcasting

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Re: more proof the general public gives us no credit

I'd rather love a small-market team. The victories are sweeter, and the players don't get as commercialized, normally.

I'll take a Morneau or a Chester Taylor over an A-Rodish player any day.

Kinda... (lol)
    -Sno

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

chester taulor is gonna have a good year.He is gonna be the first vikings rusher since 2002 to rush for over 1000 yards

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    there is a poll on nfl.com about which 2-0 vs 2-0 game is most intriguing, now i can see how jacksonville vs the colts is most, but we're far ranked below atlanta vs new orleans..

oh well, at least the broadcast companies respect the rivalry between these two and we're recieving most of the national broadcasting
    I don't think it's unreasonable to have the Saints-Falcons game listed ahead of ours.
    The Saints, after last season's Katrina nightmare, return home to the Superdome for the FIRST TIME to face the surprising Atlanta Falcons.
    The Saints (w/Reggie Bush) and the Falcons (w/Ron Mexico) feature two of the most exciting offensive players in the league, as well.

I'm not saying I agree (although I certainly disagree with your thread subject) with the voting, but I do understand it.

Oh - as to coverage - the Saints-Falcons game is on Monday Night, so they are receiving a far larger amount of "national broadcasting" than the Vikes-Bears.
    And since the Colts-Jags game is on CBS, it's an incorrect comparison.
    That game also, BTW, is going against the Bengals-Steelers game, another big game this weekend, even if the Steelers are 1-1.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

The Saints game is a special case story.

(1) There will be media from around the world to watch this game , so many that the adjacent Arena will be used to hold the hundreds of overspill media people.
    (2)
    Green Day and U2 will perform before the game.
    (3)
    Past President George Bush will provide the coin toss.

I live in St. Louis and most local people that I meet have never been to the State of Minnesota, it really seems like a distant and isolated location to them, so there is little interest in Minnesota sports. (this goes for the Twins too)

Also, if a distant team has been to a Super Bowl or has a star player like Peyton Manning (he is getting a lot of commercail time) the smaller markets will show interest.

There is interest in Chicago because this is the "big city" and many people from St. Louis go there for weekends, etc.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

WHO CARES
    :

irrelevant
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Happy Camper:
    This was a reply to the topic why the Minnesota Vikings does not get credit from the general public.
    The second comment was indicating why the Saints game overshadows the Vikings game to the general public

It is not irrelevant.
    There are Viking fans outside of the State of Minnesota.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    chester taulor is gonna have a good year.He is gonna be the first vikings rusher since 2002 to rush for over 1000 yards
    Not to be a smartass or anything, but that prediction is much less provocative now than it would have been 2 weeks ago. Considering he only needs 800 more in the next 14 games, and he's on pace for over 400 carries I think it's a pretty good bet he's going to get 1000 yards.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    Not to be a smartass or anything, but that prediction is much less provocative now than it would have been 2 weeks ago. Considering he only needs 800 more in the next 14 games, and he's on pace for over 400 carries I think it's a pretty good bet he's going to get 1000 yards.
    1000 yards, 400 carries @ 2.5 yards per carry is possible.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

lets hope the numbers arnt quite liek that skol =P

btw, i forgot that this was the saints first home game.. but yeah, i was just shocked at the gap in the voting, not that we were last

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast