Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: More out of Williamson???

"AWZeus" wrote:
    On the pass-catching, yes.
    But the fumble on the opening kick-off is inexcusable, pre-season or not.
    They tried him at returning kick-offs last year and he was a total bust and then to put his first live touch on the ground is just bad, bad, bad.

=Z=
    Yes, Williamson is bad at returning kicks. The solution is simple: don't put Williamson back to return kicks. Not only is it one of his weaknesses, but he is a starter, and I don't like it when starters return, especially is preseason. It's not as if this guy is a highly touted return man who is blowing it, and we have several other options for KR/PR. Why don't we have our third RB return kicks? I know everyone remembers his key return for a touchdown last year!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I was puzzled as to why he was returning kicks in the first place. I think Childress chose not to risk putting Koren or the real returner out there yet to protect injury, but I'm pretty sure Williamson will not be returning kicks, and I doubt Casper makes the team. We didn't get any real looks at our possible return men.

Kasper is kind of a camp favorite at this point, and word has it that it is Marcus Robinson that is on the bubble and might not make the team.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

M-Rob dropped a HUGE pass last night..could have easily been a TD.Casper seems like a good enough player to keep around atleast on special teams.Hes pretty solid there IMO.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Don't take me wrong. I think Williamson is really good. I even wore his jersey last night. And I don't blame him necessarily for the fumble b/c he got rocked pretty hard on that hit, square in the chest. It's just me being impatient, like noted above, for him to justify himself. I think we made a good decision (although Mike Williams looks pretty good right now ) I just want him to quiet all the critics about his hands and him fumbling fuels that fire. I wanted him to do well for himself, not for me.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I don't think that they are going to show his potential until the beginning of the season.

Thanks PurpleMafia

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    Don't take me wrong. I think Williamson is really good. I even wore his jersey last night. And I don't blame him necessarily for the fumble b/c he got rocked pretty hard on that hit, square in the chest.
    So what?
    That's what happens in football.
    If he drops the ball every time he gets "rocked pretty hard on [a] hit" he'll be dumped by the end of October.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i was pretty upset at m-rob last night. it seemed like all our wideouts had a couple of mistakes. chris jones had SEVERAL opportunities to make something happened, but kept implying to the refs to call for a pass interference.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I think all in all, he did ok. Just the 1st game y'all
    ;D

Purple_Hope is offline Rookie

So, who here thinks Troy is ready to step it up and take over at the No. 1 receiver position now with Ko-Ro gone (or soon to be)? I wonder how this guy's dealing with all the pressure. We draft him 7th overall last year to replace a superstar in Moss (nobody's going to put up those same kind of numbers that #84 put up his rookie season in '98). And now, only his second year into it, and we're already asking him to take over at the No. 1 spot? You think he's ready?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    I was really looking for Williamson to bust out a little tonight. First, his kick return fumble, and then a couple of passes he couldn't get to (yes he was guarded well, but i was hoping he'd be able to make some plays...). Needless to say, I was kind of disappointed in his performance. I'm not saying he's a dud, I believe in his talent almost as much as T-Jack, but i think he REALLY needed a strong showing in this game to show everyone he was coming of NFL age. What do you guys think? and do you think he'll pick it up?

That is exactly why I think the Vikes are going to go after either Lelie, Porter, or Branch.. Whoever accepts the Vikes offer is who we will get.. All 3 would help us alot, so I am game for any of them.. I still think that Williamson should be, and will be a starter for us.. You can't really judge a guy on 1 preseason game..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12