Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

More out of Williamson???

I was really looking for Williamson to bust out a little tonight. First, his kick return fumble, and then a couple of passes he couldn't get to (yes he was guarded well, but i was hoping he'd be able to make some plays...). Needless to say, I was kind of disappointed in his performance. I'm not saying he's a dud, I believe in his talent almost as much as T-Jack, but i think he REALLY needed a strong showing in this game to show everyone he was coming of NFL age. What do you guys think? and do you think he'll pick it up?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: More out of Williamson???

Ask again about three weeks into the season.
    These games will tell us little or nothing about our top guys offense.
    I think he'll be fine.
    Not a superstar but a fine reciever for us for years to come.
    This year he'll do whats needed of him

[color=red]

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"Braddock" wrote:
    I was really looking for Williamson to bust out a little tonight. First, his kick return fumble, and then a couple of passes he couldn't get to (yes he was guarded well, but i was hoping he'd be able to make some plays...). Needless to say, I was kind of disappointed in his performance. I'm not saying he's a dud, I believe in his talent almost as much as T-Jack, but i think he REALLY needed a strong showing in this game to show everyone he was coming of NFL age. What do you guys think? and do you think he'll pick it up?
    One word:

Preseason.

You're right about Williamson needing to step up, but judging him in one preseason game isn't fair. Randy Moss only had one catch, but noone's worried about him.

Give him some time, and if he falls short of expectations during the year, then criticize him all you want, but cut him a bit of slack for now. He wasn't drafted as a kick returner and hasn't really done any returning, so mistakes should be expected. I didn't really think he was thrown to that much during the game either.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

He caught a nice ball for a first and got a pass interference call to move the ball to the 3, so other than the fumble, he had a productive night. As long as hes involved and making plays, cant complain.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I was puzzled as to why he was returning kicks in the first place. I think Childress chose not to risk putting Koren or the real returner out there yet to protect injury, but I'm pretty sure Williamson will not be returning kicks, and I doubt Casper makes the team. We didn't get any real looks at our possible return men.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"Property0f" wrote:
    He caught a nice ball for a first and got a pass interference call to move the ball to the 3, so other than the fumble, he had a productive night. As long as hes involved and making plays, cant complain.
    My sentiments exactly.

carolinafan is offline Rookie

"Braddock" wrote:
    What game were you watching?
    Other than the fumble mistake of the kickoff return on a very hard hit, TW only played one quarter like the rest of the 1st O.
    This means a couple of possessions by the offense.
    TW's number was called twice.
    He caught one and was blatently interfered with on the other with a flag thrown.
    How can you make any judgements good or bad about that .
    I hate preseason games (especially the first one) b/c you only see the starters for a few plays and that's it.
    I too would have loved to see a 50 yard bomb, but it was easy to tell on the first couple of pass plays that Johnson wasnt going to get time to throw many long passes on this first night.
    This is not TW's fault.
    I guess you were disappointed in Koren also b/c he had the only long ball thrown his way and couldn't catch it.
    He also caugt a pass or two.
    Moss caught one pass last night for about the same yardage as TW.........maybe he's a bust.
    Your post doesn't even make sense.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"carolinafan" wrote:
    What game were you watching?
    Other than the fumble mistake of the kickoff return on a very hard hit, TW only played one quarter like the rest of the 1st O.
    This means a couple of possessions by the offense.
    TW's number was called twice.
    He caught one and was blatently interfered with on the other with a flag thrown.
    How can you make any judgements good or bad about that .
    I hate preseason games (especially the first one) b/c you only see the starters for a few plays and that's it.
    I too would have loved to see a 50 yard bomb, but it was easy to tell on the first couple of pass plays that Johnson wasnt going to get time to throw many long passes on this first night.
    This is not TW's fault.
    I guess you were disappointed in Koren also b/c he had the only long ball thrown his way and couldn't catch it.
    He also caugt a pass or two.
    Moss caught one pass last night for about the same yardage as TW.........maybe he's a bust.
    Your post doesn't even make sense.
    No need to tear the guy a new one, he's just impatient to see what Troy can do. We all are to an extent, but, and I'm talking to Braddock now, pre-season isn't the place to expect justification for draft picks or to see that break-out you're hoping for. The only thing that can happen in preseason is injuries. Look at Clinton Portis and Chad Greenway. Troy caught a pass, got interfered on another, and got out of the game without getting injured. That's more than enough for me.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

You're right about Williamson needing to step up, but judging him in one preseason game isn't fair. Randy Moss only had one catch, but noone's worried about him.

Err...I mean...uh...Randy Moss kinda, ya know, has proven himself, ya know, a little more than say, a second year wideout? But...yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    One word:

Preseason.

On the pass-catching, yes.
    But the fumble on the opening kick-off is inexcusable, pre-season or not.
    They tried him at returning kick-offs last year and he was a total bust and then to put his first live touch on the ground is just bad, bad, bad.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast