Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

More, More, More. How do ya like it? How do ya like it?

oops!!! Caine, I meant to say "our offense" in the above post. Even I know our defense ain't no stud. yikes!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Packers are gonna be bad, real bad. They have made no improvments on defense what so ever, a draft will not fix that, at least not right away. They will still be good on offense but without a defense a team will go know where, as viking fans we should know that. I do plan to see favre on the ground a fair amount.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Caine,
    now you have the gaul to admit that our defense was a "stud"? What was the matter last season (what stopped you from admitting the facts?) ? Cheese stuck in your throat?
    Furthermore, let's not get too cocky about a team (vikings) that hasn't won a game that really matter in a long time. Sure, I admit, the Vikings' defense will be cool this season...no doubt, kiddo. You don't need to have eyes to see that (holla, Darren Sharper!). But, one of your offense's top weapons is now in the big AFC. Who's gonna be the go-to guy for Culpepper now? We all know who is Favre's go-to-guy (Javon Walker for 89 % of the time...Donald Driver...etc, etc). See, it's that mindset and that underestimation towards the Packers, that's gonna throw them right into the Super Bowl, pal!!! It's just like my alma mater UW-Milwaukee Panther men's basketball team who just won their 10th straight game...second round in this whole march maddness...on their way to the sweet 16!!! They've been looked upon as underdogs...weak links...wishful thinkers...lucky animals, yada, yada, yada. But, oh, what success they're having on the coat tails of non-believers (eat that, Marquette Golden Eagles)?
    WTF, you said minnesota hasn't won an important game in awhile, Did you miss the playoff game or where you hanging out with your Cheap @ss Hilbily cousins?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I say as far the talent 9.

I say as far as the way it played out, a 5. The reason for the five is there is no reason why we couldn't have started with the FA signings last year. We could have had half of the free agents last year and they would have had one more year of gelling with the players and the coaches. Also, it would have made it easier on Moss and his apparently higher than mighty attitude and we wouldn't have had to trade him.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

i say a 9

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"bono" wrote:
    oops!!! Caine, I meant to say "our offense" in the above post. Even I know our defense ain't no stud. yikes!!!
    Hey "smartguy". Use the "edit" tab to fix your posts! I know it can be a complicated thing for you.

(it is on the upper right of the post box) :roll:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Caine,
    now you have the gaul to admit that our defense was a "stud"? What was the matter last season (what stopped you from admitting the facts?) ? Cheese stuck in your throat?
    First off, I said your Offensive LINE...not your Offense. You HAD a darn good O-line...but that's gone now. Flanny can't do it alone (Ask Sharper what that feels like).

Your O will be hurting w/o Wahle and Rivera. No O-line = No time to find targets = Favre on his butt = Green with no holes (Except the one between his arm and his body where the BALL used to be).

"bono" wrote:
    Furthermore, let's not get too cocky about a team (vikings) that hasn't won a game that really matter in a long time. Sure, I admit, the Vikings' defense will be cool this season...no doubt, kiddo. You don't need to have eyes to see that (holla, Darren Sharper!). But, one of your offense's top weapons is now in the big AFC. Who's gonna be the go-to guy for Culpepper now?
    Seems to me that the NFC Divisional Play-Off game mattered quite a bit. We stomped you pretty well there.

I wouldn't call it cocky. I call it confidence. Look at the facts:

1: Minnesota has signed multiple high-impact FA's.
    2: Minnesota has cap room to play with still.
    3: Minnesota has excellent draft pick locations and oppotunities.
    4: Green Bay has been losing their core talent at a voracious rate.
    5: Green Bay has ZERO defense.
    6: Green Bay has minimal cap room to find replacement talent.

"bono" wrote:
    We all know who is Favre's go-to-guy (Javon Walker for 89 % of the time...Donald Driver...etc, etc). See, it's that mindset and that underestimation towards the Packers, that's gonna throw them right into the Super Bowl, pal!!! It's just like my alma mater UW-Milwaukee Panther men's basketball team who just won their 10th straight game...second round in this whole march maddness...on their way to the sweet 16!!! They've been looked upon as underdogs...weak links...wishful thinkers...lucky animals, yada, yada, yada. But, oh, what success they're having on the coat tails of non-believers (eat that, Marquette Golden Eagles)?
    It's not underestimation, it's called REALITY. Walker is good, Ferguson is good, Driver is good...when is the last time Favre had 3 GOOD receivers to throw to? Driver dropped a lot of balls last season, so this season will be the litmus test - is he REALLY good, or did he simply have a good year?

Regardless, your woes are only just starting to be revealed. An O-line is what makes an Offense work...and you haven't got one anymore. Favre won't have TIME...and he doesn't run like he used to. And your D is HORRIBLE and showing no signs of getting better (i.e. No FA's comming IN...a LOT going OUT).

So, ignoring the record of last season, match the teams up AS THEY ARE NOW...right now...before the draft. Where is our weak spot?

1: Our QB is getting better...yours is getting older.
    2: We have more depth at RB...a LOT more depth.
    3: Our receiver corps is every bit as good as yours...at the very least.
    4: Our O-Line is rock solid (Although I'd like more depth there).
    5: Our TE Tandem (Kleinsasser and Wiggins) has explosive potential.
    6: Our "D" front 4 has gotten a HUGE boost (Pat Williams).
    7: Our LB's have been upgraded.
    8: Our Secondary is down right frightening.

Face it, you have Favre, 3 good receivers, a RB who's solid when he's not fumbling, and that's about it.

Cocky? Nope. The facts bear me out.

Caine

predator vike is offline Waterboy

Like it goes with women, there's no such thing as a ten. If we got Ed Reed and Lavaar Arington and Champ Bailey and a couple more first-rounders THAT WOULD BE A TEN

That being said, it's a solid 9.

Plus, how about getting Mike Williams.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Id say 9 right now.

If we somehow get boldin and draft mike williams, id rate this a 10. We upgraded d big time but lost talent on the offensive side of the ball. Boldin and wiliams will take care of that.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

dauntefan is offline Training Camp

solid 9. A 10 if they draft right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast