Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: More Lewd Texts by Favre & Vikings Players

Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087989
    Quote Originally Posted by "peterson-rox28" #1087987
    http://uspresswire.com/sets/95058
    he clearly has the same tatoo on the same arm. Case closed. get this boy off our team.
    sorry dont know how to post pictures.
    Yeah ... seems people don't understand that a mirror flips things and that is his right arm.
    I was really having a hard time dealing with the whole mirror thing this morning. I think I take mirrors for granted at this point. They're there and I know everything is backwards in the back of my mind, but have no trouble reading stuff in a mirror at all and know what's right and left. Apparently when I actually think about it - I stop understanding it lol.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088001
    If this is true, it's really too bad.

Does anyone doubt that we, as a society, allow sports figures and celebrities to do these things?

Roethlisberger damn near rapes a girl, and it gets whitewashed....what are a few "harmless" texts in comparison?

Truth is, the NFL should do an ACTUAL investigation and suspend anyone found guilty for 1 full season. They should then forfeit their salary for that season to the Victims of this type of behavior.

If I did it, I'd be in jail. If YOU did it, you'd be in jail. Celebrities and athletes? They're too "valuable"...

If it was YOUR daughter that received the text....well....how would you feel then?

Caine
    If you did what Roethlisburger did yes you would be in jail. I don't think you would go to jail for doing what Favre did. Maybe fired, but not put in jail. I don't think Favre has been accused of doing anything illegal.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well, up to this point the only thing Childress had over Tice was that he cleaned up the conduct of the team with his "Culture of Accountability".

I guess that is out the window too.

Thanks Childress.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088016
    Well, up to this point the only thing Childress had over Tice was that he cleaned up the conduct of the team with his "Culture of Accountability".
    Tice won 2 division titles and went to the NFC Championship game as the head coach? Really?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1088012

Does anyone doubt that we, as a society, allow sports figures and celebrities to do these things?

Roethlisberger damn near rapes a girl, and it gets whitewashed....what are a few "harmless" texts in comparison?

Truth is, the NFL should do an ACTUAL investigation and suspend anyone found guilty for 1 full season. They should then forfeit their salary for that season to the Victims of this type of behavior.

If I did it, I'd be in jail. If YOU did it, you'd be in jail. Celebrities and athletes? They're too "valuable"...

If it was YOUR daughter that received the text....well....how would you feel then?

Caine
    If you did what Roethlisburger did yes you would be in jail. I don't think you would go to jail for doing what Favre did. Maybe fired, but not put in jail. I don't think Favre has been accused of doing anything illegal.
    Ok, maybe not jail, but we all know we're NEVER going to "fire" an athlete for sexual harassment, are we. I'd get fired. You'd get fired. They get....nothing. Another massage maybe...

I'm talking about an overpampered class of individuals who are taught BY SOCIETY that they can do anything they want, with virtually NO repercussions. How many sexual assaults, unsolicited "sexting" messages, drug binges, physical assaults, or dog killings do we need to endure before we start realizing that despite their ability to play a GAME really well, these are - by and large - NOT people we should be rewarding for poor behavior.

The truth is, however, that the NFL will whitewash this....like they whitewash everything. An accussed RAPIST - one who's case was INTENTIONALLY fouled up - got a 6 game suspension reduced to a 4 game suspension and is now playing in the AFC Championship game. HOW IN THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?

Any pretense that the NFL had any "integrity" went out the window when they let Roethlisberger back on the field. He should have been cut, immediately, and banned for LIFE. Instead, he makes millions...

So what makes anyone think that a few "unwanted" wiener shots or unsolicited "suggestive texts" will get a reaction? Comparatively, they're harmless, right?

But when is it enough?

Again, I say start throwing them out of the NFL.

Want to get drunk and get in a bar fight? OUT!!!

Want to use drugs? BOOOM!!! GONE!!!

Want to hang with your posse in strip clubs and be involved in shootings and stuff? You're OUTTTA HERE!!!!

Want to force yourself on drunk college girls in bars while off duty cops shield you from view? HISTORY!!!

And make it a ONE SHOT DEAL! No second chances.

Then let them cry on national television about how they ruined their own lives.

Truth is, this type of crap - this attitude of entitlement - will continue as long as the NFL and the FANS continue to encourage it.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088061

Caine
    Ok, maybe not jail, but we all know we're NEVER going to "fire" an athlete for sexual harassment, are we. I'd get fired. You'd get fired. They get....nothing. Another massage maybe...

I'm talking about an overpampered class of individuals who are taught BY SOCIETY that they can do anything they want, with virtually NO repercussions. How many sexual assaults, unsolicited "sexting" messages, drug binges, physical assaults, or dog killings do we need to endure before we start realizing that despite their ability to play a GAME really well, these are - by and large - NOT people we should be rewarding for poor behavior.

The truth is, however, that the NFL will whitewash this....like they whitewash everything. An accussed RAPIST - one who's case was INTENTIONALLY fouled up - got a 6 game suspension reduced to a 4 game suspension and is now playing in the AFC Championship game. HOW IN THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?

Any pretense that the NFL had any "integrity" went out the window when they let Roethlisberger back on the field. He should have been cut, immediately, and banned for LIFE. Instead, he makes millions...

So what makes anyone think that a few "unwanted" wiener shots or unsolicited "suggestive texts" will get a reaction? Comparatively, they're harmless, right?

But when is it enough?

Want to hang with your posse in strip clubs and be involved in shootings and stuff? You're OUTTTA HERE!!!!

Want to force yourself on drunk college girls in bars while off duty cops shield you from view? HISTORY!!!

Truth is, this type of crap - this attitude of entitlement - will continue as long as the NFL and the FANS continue to encourage it.

Caine
    I am totally with you on this one Caine.

A couple of side thoughts:

Who sends a dick pic to a girl unrequested?

Shouldn't off-field conduct count for something? Not just with harrassment, but how about talking poorly of your company or manager to the press, berrating a caterer(you knew I had to come back to this issue), DUI's, manslaughter, PED's you know the stuff the remainder of society has to deal with every day. Lets face it the NFL does a nice job of window-dressing when it comes to tough issues, but they do little about it because its a multi-billion dollar industry and we all tune in to watch.

While these men have tremendous talents they are making millions of dollars and need to act in a manner that is a credit to their league, franchise, and most important community.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1088053
    Tice won 2 division titles and went to the NFC Championship game as the head coach? Really?

=Z=
    Tice didnt have a defence..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1088131
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1088053

=Z=
    Tice didnt have a defence..
    Tice didn't have a lot of things...including an Owner who would pay for coaches or Free Agents.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jrjohn" #1087962
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1087951
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1087950
    Quote Originally Posted by "Vikes_King" #1087947
    Should warn people that there is about 1/3 of a penis in the third link. And also, since when do we actually take any moderate considering into what the hell deadspin.com says? Yea, the Sterger thing had some ground, but it took 8 months to come to anything. Now its just a bunch of other broads trying to get their names in the paper.

There hasn't been anything since the initial mention of the "massage therapists" in NY, and there probably never will be. Like the Jets said, they never reported any misconduct to the organization, just now are coming out and saying it happened and were never offered their jobs back. Maybe they just did a shitty job.

He retired. He's no longer a Viking. His sister is a meth head. Lets move on.
    IMO, the reason most women don't report it is because of the public reaction, mostly by men.

Without a shred of evidence either way, you already came up with a verdict of "just a bunch of other broads trying to get their names in the paper". Others throw out names like slut, whore, gold-digger, bitch, "she was asking for it", etc as they did in the Sterger allegations & have their name dragged thru the mud, while the player gets off with a wrist slapping. The consequences & humiliation to the woman, seem to be far greater than that to the player, so it's easy to understand why so many go unreported or don't get leaked until later.

Remember also BTW, Favre said he was guilty of sending those texts to Sterger, so this is quite believable.

And in addition to Favre, these latest allegations do involve other former Vikings players.
    I think I missed the admission by Favre that he sent lewd text messages to Sterger. I am aware of he admitted leaving voice messages.

As to the masseuses each one of them come out and say that when working with professional atheletes come ons are expected. It doesn't make the atheletes innocent but my question then becomes, why put yourself in that situation? I hope these women know what they are doing. Again, I'm not saying anyone is guilty or innocent. However these allegations are only going to cause the entire NFL to look at no longer contracting masseuses. NFL players can afford to get rub downs on their own. This will take the NFL completely out of it except for the possibility of disciplining the players if they are proven to harrass.

EJ, I Have to take issue with the statement "If it is uncomfortable for you don't do that as your job"

Are you saying that after these ladies went to school, learned a profession and were made to feel uncomfortable by somebody, they should quite their jobs and do something else.

My wife who has 11 years of medical school came home last week quite upset. One of her patients was fondeling his genitals as she was treating him. She felt extremely uncomfortable with this patient and it wrecked her day.
    she came home and I had to listen to her complain for 45 mins. After 11 years of school I don't think she should change her occupation because of some nut. And I don't care if it's 11 years of school or 6 months. I would never let anybody, including Brett Favre dictate what I will do to make a living. I firmly believe the pervert should change, not the professional that is doing his or her job.
    I didn't mean to cause issues with my statement but I think the situations between your wife and the Masseuse are totally different. I would believe that your wife would run into that type of situation once in a very long moon. Whereas I believe Masseuses would run into this situation on a much more typical basis. In fact, she even said herself, being hit on by atheletes are common.

I'm not saying your wife or the Masseusse should quit their jobs at all. What I'm saying is knowing what the job entails comes with the job. Just as I know what's involved with mine, you with yours and your wife with hers. There are always pros and cons to every job. However, like you said your wife sholdn't quit her job because of ONE nut. But if that kind of situation presented itself more frequently and your wife was not comfortable with it then she may be faced with a difficult decision. It's not a great choice but if it is something that is unbareable then there is a choice.

I do apologize if my statement rubbed you wrong. It wasn't meant to.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088061

Caine

But when is it enough?

Caine
    I don't want that.
    I enjoy watching Roethlisburger play, he's one of the best in the NFL. I enjoy watching Favre, and Vick, and all the great players. I don't care what they do on there time, let the police deal with it. Where the league screws up is in pretending they are going to hold players accountable to a very high standard, but then letting dirt bags like Roethlisburger play.

The sexual harrassment is actual a seperate issue because it is happening at work, the nfl and the teams involved risk lawsuits if they don't act on complaints.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast