Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

More Lewd Texts by Favre & Vikings Players

More Txt Message Allegations Against Favre and Vikings

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s1930663.shtml

Massage Therapist Stephanie Dusenberry Claims Brett Favre, Other Vikings Players, Sent Her Lewd Text Messages

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/18/stephanie-dusenberry-brett-favre_n_810572.html

Masseuse Claims She Received Lewd Texts From Vikings Players, Including Brett Favre (NSFW)

http://deadspin.com/5736768/masseuse-claims-she-received-lewd-texts-from-vikings-players-including-brett-favre-nsfw?skyline=true&s=i

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: More Lewd Texts by Favre & Vikings Players

Should warn people that there is about 1/3 of a penis in the third link. And also, since when do we actually take any moderate considering into what the hell deadspin.com says? Yea, the Sterger thing had some ground, but it took 8 months to come to anything. Now its just a bunch of other broads trying to get their names in the paper.

There hasn't been anything since the initial mention of the "massage therapists" in NY, and there probably never will be. Like the Jets said, they never reported any misconduct to the organization, just now are coming out and saying it happened and were never offered their jobs back. Maybe they just did a shitty job.

He retired. He's no longer a Viking. His sister is a meth head. Lets move on.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Vikes_King" #1087947
    Should warn people that there is about 1/3 of a penis in the third link. And also, since when do we actually take any moderate considering into what the hell deadspin.com says? Yea, the Sterger thing had some ground, but it took 8 months to come to anything. Now its just a bunch of other broads trying to get their names in the paper.

There hasn't been anything since the initial mention of the "massage therapists" in NY, and there probably never will be. Like the Jets said, they never reported any misconduct to the organization, just now are coming out and saying it happened and were never offered their jobs back. Maybe they just did a shitty job.

IMO, the reason most women don't report it is because of the public reaction, mostly by men.

Without a shred of evidence either way, you already came up with a verdict of "just a bunch of other broads trying to get their names in the paper". Others throw out names like slut, whore, gold-digger, bitch, "she was asking for it", etc as they did in the Sterger allegations & have their name dragged thru the mud, while the player gets off with a wrist slapping. The consequences & humiliation to the woman, seem to be far greater than that to the player, so it's easy to understand why so many go unreported or don't get leaked until later.

Remember also BTW, Favre said he was guilty of sending those texts to Sterger, so this is quite believable.

And in addition to Favre, these latest allegations do involve other former Vikings players.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1087950

IMO, the reason most women don't report it is because of the public reaction, mostly by men.

Without a shred of evidence either way, you already came up with a verdict of "just a bunch of other broads trying to get their names in the paper". Others throw out names like slut, whore, gold-digger, bitch, "she was asking for it", etc as they did in the Sterger allegations & have their name dragged thru the mud, while the player gets off with a wrist slapping. The consequences & humiliation to the woman, seem to be far greater than that to the player, so it's easy to understand why so many go unreported or don't get leaked until later.

Remember also BTW, Favre said he was guilty of sending those texts to Sterger, so this is quite believable.

And in addition to Favre, these latest allegations do involve other former Vikings players.
    I think I missed the admission by Favre that he sent lewd text messages to Sterger. I am aware of he admitted leaving voice messages.

As to the masseuses each one of them come out and say that when working with professional atheletes come ons are expected. It doesn't make the atheletes innocent but my question then becomes, why put yourself in that situation? If it is uncomfortable for you don't do that as your job.

I hope these women know what they are doing. Again, I'm not saying anyone is guilty or innocent. However these allegations are only going to cause the entire NFL to look at no longer contracting masseuses. NFL players can afford to get rub downs on their own. This will take the NFL completely out of it except for the possibility of disciplining the players if they are proven to harrass.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Not true. They're suing the Jets.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

If you want to be a massage therapist for 20-something, virile, testosterone laden dudes with more cash than 90% of the population, you need to have some thickness to your skin when dealing with borderline - even slightly over the line - flirtatious advances. I am not saying anyone should be subjected to harrasment or abuse. However, there has to be a greater level of expectations in the "professional sports massage therapy world" that something like this would occur than, say, at an accounting firm.
    If someone goes into that field and is really that uncomfortable in dealing with sexual come-ons, he or she might want to rethink their profession or clientele. Think about it: the Masseuse is rubbing a naked dude (albeit he has a towel on) from head to toe for an hour. Not every guy is going to that masseuse with text/pics that may be inappropriate, but there might be one or two. Its inevitable. Maybe rich, horndog, pro athlete clients should be traded in for the old folks home and/or globo gyms. I mean if someone is uncomfortable around kids, why in the hell would he or she go teach at an elementary school?
    I truly do not want to make light of victims who are sexually harassed. No one should be subjected to feeling abused and unsafe. However there has got to be some level of context when dealing with these situations.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1087957
    If you want to be a massage therapist for 20-something, virile, testosterone laden dudes with more cash than 90% of the population, you need to have some thickness to your skin when dealing with borderline - even slightly over the line - flirtatious advances. I am not saying anyone should be subjected to harrasment or abuse. However, there has to be a greater level of expectations in the "professional sports massage therapy world" that something like this would occur than, say, at an accounting firm.
    If someone goes into that field and is really that uncomfortable in dealing with sexual come-ons, he or she might want to rethink their profession or clientele. Think about it: the Masseuse is rubbing a naked dude (albeit he has a towel on) from head to toe for an hour. Not every guy is going to that masseuse with text/pics that may be inappropriate, but there might be one or two. Its inevitable. Maybe rich, horndog, pro athlete clients should be traded in for the old folks home and/or globo gyms. I mean if someone is uncomfortable around kids, why in the hell would he or she go teach at an elementary school?
    I truly do not want to make light of victims who are sexually harassed. No one should be subjected to feeling abused and unsafe. However there has got to be some level of context when dealing with these situations.
    We don't know the situation.

I think that it is up to management to make sure there is not a hostile work environment and that all the employees know what is appropriate and inappropriate in the workplace. Sexual harassment is sexual harassment whether your working at burger, wall-street, or an NFL locker room.

I personally believe the Jets did allow a hostile towards woman work environment. We have now had the reporter Sanchez, Jenn Sterger, and two massage therapists make accusations. I doubt they are all making it up.

Not sure why people find it so hard to believe that professional athletes could act inappropriately.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1087945
    More Txt Message Allegations Against Favre and Vikings

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s1930663.shtml
    Not sure I believe this one.

Deanna Favre:

Jen Sterger:

Dewsenberry:

Something just looks off...

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1087951
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1087950

I think I missed the admission by Favre that he sent lewd text messages to Sterger. I am aware of he admitted leaving voice messages.

As to the masseuses each one of them come out and say that when working with professional atheletes come ons are expected. It doesn't make the atheletes innocent but my question then becomes, why put yourself in that situation? I hope these women know what they are doing. Again, I'm not saying anyone is guilty or innocent. However these allegations are only going to cause the entire NFL to look at no longer contracting masseuses. NFL players can afford to get rub downs on their own. This will take the NFL completely out of it except for the possibility of disciplining the players if they are proven to harrass.

EJ, I Have to take issue with the statement "If it is uncomfortable for you don't do that as your job"

Are you saying that after these ladies went to school, learned a profession and were made to feel uncomfortable by somebody, they should quite their jobs and do something else.

My wife who has 11 years of medical school came home last week quite upset. One of her patients was fondeling his genitals as she was treating him. She felt extremely uncomfortable with this patient and it wrecked her day.
    she came home and I had to listen to her complain for 45 mins. After 11 years of school I don't think she should change her occupation because of some nut. And I don't care if it's 11 years of school or 6 months. I would never let anybody, including Brett Favre dictate what I will do to make a living. I firmly believe the pervert should change, not the professional that is doing his or her job.
    None

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1087945
    http://deadspin.com/5736768/masseuse-claims-she-received-lewd-texts-from-vikings-players-including-brett-favre-nsfw?skyline=true&s=i
    Dusenberry worked for the team under Vikings head trainer Eric Sugarman in 2006-07 but left the organization to go independent soon after. She maintained good relationships with several players, including Chester Taylor and quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, some of whom she worked with this past season.

At some point in the past two years, Dusenberry began to receive unwelcome advances from a number of current and former players on the Vikings. She had problems both in session and out of session with former Vikings defensive back Dwight Smith, wide receiver Aundrae Allison, and back-up running back Albert Young. She says that Young, while inquiring about her one-on-one massage services, sent her this photo via text message:

Favre, Dwight and Allison are all gone, but Albert Young needs to be canned too. Partly because I will always have this creepy image in my head every time I see him on the field :sick: but also because we already have two runningbacks who are better than him. Hell, I even like Lorenzo Booker and Ian Johnson better than him.

What the hell is wrong with people nowadays!? Do they really think that sending a picture of their "junk" is the way to meet women? I'm embarrassed on the behalf of mankind.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast