Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: MORE Johson drama...

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Can't argue that he would not amke our team better, but look at the odds. I was just pointing out what happened last time we went for the deal of the century.
    Once burned, twice shy.

Jkurtkrauss is offline Rookie

Trade a crippled QB who's just come off a humiliating season, and is facing criminal charges for the best college prospect EVER.

What are you smoking Tark?
    Spread my ashes at the H^3

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    I think you guys forget that DC LOST alot of games this year. He was horrible and not giving Johnson any credit is just wrong. It wasn't just coincidence that we started winning when Johnson came in. We ould have lost a few of those games with DC in there. We would have definitely lost the NYG game. Brad had no turnovers and kept us in the game. Any close game would have been a loss with Dc in there. He makes bad decisions and panics in crucial moments. I would take Brad any day over DC.

Trade DC and get REGGIE, REGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would have to say the exact opposite for the Packers game, I don't think that Johnson would have brought us back from 17 points down at half.

Maybe with Brad in there, we wouldn't have been 17 down. But we can't say for sure. Oh well, as far as last year is concerned, I am only remembering the good, which is not to terribly much, the rest will be wiped from my hard drive. I have an appointment for this later today, they will rid my brain of the bad. :roll:

Next year will be different. Besides, BJ is not a long term solution.

DC stays this year. For those that don't like DC, you may want to wish for a 3rd or 4th round QB to groom, without it, we are just looking a bleek years when/if we get rid of DC. Our D isn't to where Tampa's D was when BJ won that superbowl. I don't think that you can make it to the SB with BJ without a top 5 defense. Don't get caught up on the top five thing, I am just saying that I don't think BJ has the fire power with the D we got.

DC can play Brad's game/style if he wants. He did it the season before last. I see Childress reeling DC in to be more efficient. Tice didn't do that. He wasn't concerned about it at all.
    So trade for personnel that will give us the top 5 D next year...and then start BJ...also give BJ a STUD RB to open up the passing lanes...and he will disect the opposing defenses all day long! Besides, DC will most likely not be ready to start next season...no matter what everyone thinks!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

coreyd is offline Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    I think you guys forget that DC LOST alot of games this year. He was horrible and not giving Johnson any credit is just wrong. It wasn't just coincidence that we started winning when Johnson came in. We ould have lost a few of those games with DC in there. We would have definitely lost the NYG game. Brad had no turnovers and kept us in the game. Any close game would have been a loss with Dc in there. He makes bad decisions and panics in crucial moments. I would take Brad any day over DC.

Trade DC and get REGGIE, REGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would have to say the exact opposite for the Packers game, I don't think that Johnson would have brought us back from 17 points down at half.

Maybe with Brad in there, we wouldn't have been 17 down. But we can't say for sure. Oh well, as far as last year is concerned, I am only remembering the good, which is not to terribly much, the rest will be wiped from my hard drive. I have an appointment for this later today, they will rid my brain of the bad. :roll:

Next year will be different. Besides, BJ is not a long term solution.

DC stays this year. For those that don't like DC, you may want to wish for a 3rd or 4th round QB to groom, without it, we are just looking a bleek years when/if we get rid of DC. Our D isn't to where Tampa's D was when BJ won that superbowl. I don't think that you can make it to the SB with BJ without a top 5 defense. Don't get caught up on the top five thing, I am just saying that I don't think BJ has the fire power with the D we got.

DC can play Brad's game/style if he wants. He did it the season before last. I see Childress reeling DC in to be more efficient. Tice didn't do that. He wasn't concerned about it at all.
    So trade for personnel that will give us the top 5 D next year...and then start BJ...also give BJ a STUD RB to open up the passing lanes...and he will disect the opposing defenses all day long! Besides, DC will most likely not be ready to start next season...no matter what everyone thinks!
    Well put....

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Jkurtkrauss" wrote:
    Trade a crippled QB who's just come off a humiliating season, and is facing criminal charges for the best college prospect EVER.

What are you smoking Tark?
    Come on. :roll: DC isn't crippled. And his "criminal charges" equate to a couple of misdemeanors for lewd conduct. There are traffic violations that carry stiffer penalties... (Not defending him, but let's not exaggerate the situation either)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Entertaining trades for DC i a good idea right now while his stock is up somewhat. If he stays and does poorly he will have no stock. Right now there are teams interested with players we can use along with picks. It would be difficult to trade up as high as #1 to get Bush but not impossible. I want to be realistic and say there's no way but the truth of the matter is there is a possibility. Although very slim.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Jkurt, not smoking anything. I didn't say we would trade DC to the Texans for their draft choice. There are plenty of teams that will part with a first rounder DC. Combine that with our first rounder and negotiate the details. They may want a player or some more draft choices but we would get some value for Dc and hopefully Reggie!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678