Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: MORE Johson drama...

I hope Brad knows that if he leaves no real team will want him cause all the good team have a great QB if he leaves he definetly wouldnt get as good as a recieving core as he does in Minnesota that would be a terrible move for Brad and it certainly wouldnt help the Vikes out that much

Jkurtkrauss is offline Rookie

The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" leauge. Apparently all of you Brad bashersaren't keeping up with current events and didn't see the season I saw.

C-Pep: 2-5...BJ: 7-2.

Cullpepper was horrendus! I was at the Cincy game, and was amazed at his ineptitude.

I have no problem with Johnson @ QB.
    Spread my ashes at the H^3

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Jkurtkrauss" wrote:
    The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" leauge. Apparently all of you Brad bashersaren't keeping up with current events and didn't see the season I saw.
    Man, what season was that? The one where our defense finally stepped up and kept stealing the ball from the opponents and giving it back to our offense? That's what won those 7 games with BJ at the helm. BJ is an OK quaterback, and probably could start for a couple more years with another team. But he isn't some superman that came in and miraclously wonthe games for us. CP, under the smart coaching we are getting for '06, will be puting up pro bowl stats once again.

I don't want Brad to go. He is a solid, dependable backup who we may need again at the beginning of the season. But C-Pep is still the man.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Tanner_QBRB8" wrote:
    I hope Brad knows that if he leaves no real team will want him cause all the good team have a great QB if he leaves he definetly wouldnt get as good as a recieving core as he does in Minnesota that would be a terrible move for Brad and it certainly wouldnt help the Vikes out that much
    Thats highly debatable.

Plenty of teams have a crap QB. Brad probably just wants to be a starter again.

Heck, look at Buffalo. They got crap!

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Brad is simply doing whats best for Brad.

Lets look at the facts:
    1) There is shortage of starting QBs in the NFL - especially in the NFC
    2) Brad had a nice season statistically & by W/L %
    3) DC is rehabbing and his chances of being ready for 2006 is uncertain

The Vikings need Johnson for 2006 because Culpepper may not be available until mid-year 2006. In this scenario, Brad would be counted on to start at back-up money. Brad is trying to either get the Vikings to pay him to start and consider trading Culpepper or to trade him so he can maximize his financial return in the "open market" where an obvious shartage exists.

Can't blame Brad and the Vikes should up his 2006 salary - but on the same token - he is under contract. At one point he had every opportunity to negotiate a one year contract and choose security.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Brad Johnson has no leverage. He needs to deal with the fact that he isn't going anywhere, unless he can convince other teams to trade for more than he is worth.
    True!

We aren't going to give him up for nothing or just release him.

Hence, Brad's comment, "these things have a way of working themselves out."

We will see.

That is exactly why Brad and his agent have been so vocal. They are hoping there are some suitor out there that will come calling with an offer to entice us into taking a draft pick for Brad.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

First of all, I have always liked and respected BJ. Really though, what do you want him to say? Of course he wants to start. I would question anyone who said that they didn't. Would people be happier if he said, "Gee I can't wait to ride the pine next year. I have no intention of preparing like a starter?"

I'm glad he has the confidence in himself to say that he can start. Otherwise why would we want him?

edit: I can't type

Yeah - The Vikes need to throw a little money his way.. I think this is his position.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

The Arizona Cardinals would take Brad Johnson!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

I dont think the Cardinals would want BJ. Denny Green choose Randall over BJ - but the situation might have warranted this move. Denny likes those big arm Qb's......then again Denny benched Moon in favor of Johnson.....I dont Johnson really wants to play for coach Green at this point in his career.

If we do trade Johnson........we will realize more value than we did with Moss. Think about it.....we got almost the same valus trading Johnson to the Redskins as we did with Moss. So do think Johnson has no trade value?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast