Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

MORE Johson drama...

Vikings: Johnson says he wants to start
    Johnson tells ESPN
    Last update: January 15, 2006 – 9:39 PM

Speaking publicly for the first time since the regular season ended, Vikings quarterback Brad Johnson told ESPN that he wants to start --for someone -- in 2006.
    He confirmed the essence of a Star Tribune report that he prefers not to return to the Vikings as a backup to presumptive starter Daunte Culpepper. Johnson, who completed 62.6 percent of his passes with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions in 2005, said on ESPN's "Outside the Lines" he believes he can start for another three or four more years.

Johnson has three years remaining on a contract he signed last March.

Culpepper is recovering from major surgery to his right knee, and it is not known whether he will be healthy enough to open the season as starter. Perhaps acknowledging that fact, Johnson told ESPN, "These things have a way of working themselves out."
    [hr]

I'm not sure but i thought Childress said there was no issue here, looks like we got some issue.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: MORE Johson drama...

Childress denied his trade request earlier. So unless Johnson does something drastic like holds out, he's here next year.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

hahaha what a complete moron..he did play well, but il take the potential 5000 yards and 38 TDs with pep over johnsons typical season stats any day
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

xlb57 is offline Rookie

Is he serious? Who in their right minds would take him on as their starter for a few more years. Let's be honest, I am as huge a season ticket holding, Vikings freak fan as the next guy, but the TEAM stepped up during his win streak and the teams we played were not all that good in reality. He is kidding.......right?

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

If B-Rad wants to go, lets trade him and try to get some picks out of it....there are alot of young QB's that we can easily develope behind Daunte. (DJ Shockley)

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

Daunte is the man!

defense and special teams won all those games for us..not brad johnson..just put dauntes arm in there with this defense playing at full speed, a bruising back that we will attain through FA or the draft, and a solid o line, and that should lead to a killer season..the only place brad could go to start would be buffalo, miami, cleveland, arizona..and i dont think that any of those teams will be anywhere near the playoffs next year
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

vIker44 is offline Rookie

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    If B-Rad wants to go, lets trade him and try to get some picks out of it....there are alot of young QB's that we can easily develope behind Daunte. (DJ Shockley)
    Unlikely any team would give any trade value for Johnson... Best to let him go forth and find his own way.... Tons of other backups, some much better than he is at this stage..........
    it's tarv time............

"vIker44" wrote:
    "PurpleManiac" wrote:
    Unlikely any team would give any trade value for Johnson... Best to let him go forth and find his own way.... Tons of other backups, some much better than he is at this stage..........
    i couldnt agree more..that would also free up a little more cash for us..jon kitna and some other guys out there will be looking for backup jobs, we can cash in on a capable new backup easily..by the way i couldnt agree more with ur sig, smoots game is UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGLLLLLLYYYY

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Brad Johnson has no leverage. He needs to deal with the fact that he isn't going anywhere, unless he can convince other teams to trade for more than he is worth.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast