Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: More Frazier Rumors?

"singersp" wrote:
    http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Should Frazier get the Falcons job, the Vikings would be looking for their eighth new defensive coordinator in the past 10 years.
    That's alarming!
    Urg... That is so aggrivating. No consistency. How are we supposed to develop a defense when there is a new scheme to learn every singlt training camp!!! I didn't even think Frazier did all that much to merit a HC positition. Yea he had a decent defense.. But nothing was especially 'outstanding' about it.

I think the only reason we ave the number one run D is because nobody runs on us. All they do is pass. I love the bend but dont break- hold the team to FG's plan. But I don't know if Frazier is eligible for a HC posistion after being no. 1 in Run D, and 32 in Pass D. Something like 10th overall in points allowed.... Not head coaching material in my opinion.

But then again, I want him to stay with the Vikes.. Namely for consistency's sake.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Potus2028" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Should Frazier get the Falcons job, the Vikings would be looking for their eighth new defensive coordinator in the past 10 years.
    That's alarming!
    Urg... That is so aggrivating. No consistency. How are we supposed to develop a defense when there is a new scheme to learn every singlt training camp!!! I didn't even think Frazier did all that much to merit a HC positition. Yea he had a decent defense.. But nothing was especially 'outstanding' about it.

I think the only reason we ave the number one run D is because nobody runs on us. All they do is pass. I love the bend but dont break- hold the team to FG's plan. But I don't know if Frazier is eligible for a HC posistion after being no. 1 in Run D, and 32 in Pass D. Something like 10th overall in points allowed.... Not head coaching material in my opinion.

But then again, I want him to stay with the Vikes.. Namely for consistency's sake.
    I hear what everyone is saying about consistency but aren't we really seeing that already via what scheme the HC has the D-coord keep running?

IF we loose Frazier, as we did Tomlin don't you think the Chiller will put pressure on the Front Office pukes to bring in another Cover 2 guy?

I would bet he already bet they have a couple nominee's waiting in the wings just in case.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Big C is offline Coordinator

A typo in the ticker of the NFL Network just gave me a heart attack! I think they are trying to say that Atlanta interviewed Frazier for HC job. But on the ticker it shows as "Interview Frazier for HC job". The topic is attached to the Vikings tag instead of the Falcons, so it almost felt like the Vikes were interviewing Frazier for the HC job! So I jumped on kfan.com and purple pride to make sure Chilli still had his job
    ;D.

Hope Frazier stays with us as DC. I loved the blitzes he called in the second half of the season. It was his little wrinkle to Tomlinson's scheme.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Falcons search ongoing[/size]
    January 22nd, 2008 – 5:31 PM by Judd Zulgad

Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier remains a candidate for the Atlanta Falcons head coaching job after interviewing for the position last weekend. But it appears Frazier and the others in the running for the position could be waiting until after the Super Bowl.

That’s because the Falcons reportedly have interest in Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo but can’t interview him until following the Feb. 3 Super Bowl. While Frazier has had one interview, the team already has talked to former Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan and Jacksonville defensive coordinator Mike Smith twice.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Report: Falcons to hire Jaguars assistant[/size]
    January 23rd, 2008 – 11:56 AM by Judd Zulgad

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and ESPN are reporting the Falcons are expected to select Jacksonville defensive coordinator Mike Smith as their new head coach. The Journal-Constitution said Smith has been offered the job and that contract negotiations are currently taking place. ESPN reports an announcement could be made as early as this afternoon.

The ESPN story said that Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier “really impressed new Falcons general manager Tom Dimitroff and is believed to have been the Falcons second choice.” Frazier had his one and only interview with the Falcons last weekend.

If these reports are correct, it means the Falcons won’t wait around for Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who could not interview until after New York plays in the Super Bowl on Feb. 3.

Even if Frazier doesn’t get this job it has been a productive offseason. He received the opportunity to interview for both the Dolphins and Falcons head coaching positions; if the Vikings defense plays well next season — the key will be to show improvement in the passing game — it could make Frazier a hot head coaching candidate next offseason.

It will be interesting to see if the Vikings attempt to extend the three-year contract Frazier signed when he joined the organization last offseason. That would not stop him from pursuing other head coaching openings but would be considered a sign the Vikings would like him around long term.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    It will be interesting to see if the Vikings attempt to extend the three-year contract Frazier signed when he joined the organization last offseason. That would not stop him from pursuing other head coaching openings but would be considered a sign the Vikings would like him around long term.
    we've seen a few players get extensions recently .. would be good if we stepped up and made a move to try and keep a coach for more than a couple of years.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345