Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

More Football Facts

:study:
    I was just reading this year's Athlon Sports Pro Football Preview and ran across these bits of info. on the Packers. Last season the Packers were the only team in the nfl to rank in the top 5 in both offense & defense in the "red zone." (The offense was 2nd and the defense 5th in scoring/allowing points.) The Packers also had the second highest average margin of victory in the 10 games they won (17.5 pts.) & the lowest average margin of defeat in the games they lost (6.5 pts.) In the final 8 games of last season only New England gave up fewer points than Green Bay and in the last 11 games only one back gained 100 yds. rushing on the Pack. What's the point of relevance for now? The Packers are returning that team almost entirely intact & with improvements for this coming season.

12-4 should bring the NFC Championship to Lambeau
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

More Football Facts

"almost entirely intact", without your best corner, prepare to get smoked routinely. What you fail to mention is how often they get in the redzone. Stats are only part of the story.

last time I checked the vikes had the #1 offense in the league ALL last season, led the league in INTs ..etc. big deal.

I just don't understand why Packers think they will IMPROVE when you can clearly see the decline over the last couple seasons. At best they will be the same.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

More Football Facts

McKenzie will be there on opening day. I agree, stats are only part of the story. So, stop repeatedly quoting "we had the best offense in football...blah,blah". The only stat that matters is the one which makes The Packers 3-1 in superbowls and the Vikings 0-4.

I can tell you have a lot of football experience. Do us all a favor stick with hockey.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

More Football Facts

As far as "points of relevance", I would point out that in the final 8 games of last year, the Packers played six teams that finished with losing records and a seventh (the Broncos) that played their 2nd and 3rd stringers instead of a real football team. Among those final 8 teams were 2003 offensive juggernauts such as the Bears, Lions, Chargers, Raiders, and Buccaneers. My point in mentioning this is that Packer fans should not feel that their defense was in any way "outstanding and improving" in the final half of last year. The "experts" all agree that the Packer defense is a trouble spot, especially on the defensive line and possibly the secondary if McKenzie doesn't play.

BTW, if you look at the Vikings defensive performance in the final four games of last season, they were probably a top 10 caliber defense in terms of both yards and points allowed. This came not just against the Bears and Cardinals, but also the high powered Seahawks and Chiefs. With Denard Walker banished to Oakland and replaced by Antoine Winfield, the Vikings defense has every reason to believe they will be better than the Packers defense this season.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

More Football Facts

Pat,
    You left out some significant details in your retort regarding the Vikings last 8 games. Hardly a rigorous schedule for a championship caliber team.
    SD 42-28 Loss
    Oak 28-18 Loss
    Det 24-14 Win
    Stl 48-17 Loss
    Sea 34-7 Win
    Chi 13-10 Loss
    KC 45-20 Win (the best team victory of the year, besides week #1 in Lambeau)

And, the finally when it all counted a Big Purple infertile Egg laid neatly in the desert southwest.
    Az 18-17 Loss.

I acknowledge, Green Bay has its own set of concerns. Somehow based on the past track records of the these two teams, I have faith the Packers will be steadfast in resolving their team matters. The Vikings are an enigma.

More Football Facts

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    McKenzie will be there on opening day. I agree, stats are only part of the story. So, stop repeatedly quoting "we had the best offense in football...blah,blah". The only stat that matters is the one which makes The Packers 3-1 in superbowls and the Vikings 0-4.

I can tell you have a lot of football experience. Do us all a favor stick with hockey.
    Texpack what are you talking about? At least read my posts and try to understand what I am saying before you go to your default "I am smarter than all of you" argument. In my post I was simply stating that stats were only part of the story including OURS. All I was pointing out is that for the long list of admirable statistics you managed to scrounge, the vikings have a list that is just as long.

Honestly you are the biggest hypocrite on this site. You claim all we do is tout our #1 offense and then you go back to the argument every Packer fan uses about 100 million times a day. "check out our championships"

"Hey texPack, what time is it?"
    "Time for another championship"
    "Hey Texpack what do you think about Mike McKenzie"
    " Uh he's long overdue for a championship"
    "Hey Texpack why do you think the Packers will do so well this year"
    "cuz they've won twelve championships"
    "Hey Texpack can you make a post without using the word championship or while describing the Packers?"
    "yah we've won a superbowl and you havn't"
    etc.

As far as football experience, shut up you redneck. I've been playing football for the past 10 years. Why don't you say something intelligent for a change rather than label me as a hockey-only fan because I come from Canada, maybe then you can back up all that arrogant BS you spout.

More Football Facts

I played in that dome for 4 years.

More Football Facts

GANN BROOKS
    Line
    University of
    Minnesota
    Senior/Agricultural Education
    6'8"/ 300 lbs.
    STATS: A three-year letterman for Minnesota, this team captain was twice named most valuable team player in 1995 and is predicted to win All Conference honors this fall. “ comes to play each and every Saturday and is a leader of the team.”Â*Coach Jim Wacker
    Parent: Melodye Brooks, Alvarado, Texas.

Where did you play?

More Football Facts

I play DE here at U of C.

Notice I never said you didn't know football, I didn't assume that like you did for everyone who posts here.

But then again, I would hate for you to waste that agricultural education degree on us simpletons, maybe you can tell us how to remove all that moss from the Green Bay endzone.

More Football Facts

Really what's your name? I'd like to watch you play sometime. Can't say I ever heard of the University of Calgary or it's football program either.

That Moss thing was funny.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast