Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Re: More Favre Allegations

I did not know that Favre was a superior to so many people in New York. He must have worn a lot of hats to direct so many people and have direct influence on their employment. :-/

Now, if Favre was asking for a date or sex, was told it was inappropriate, and continued, then he did violate workplace rules.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

He just wanted a threesome. Who doesn't really
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1086651
    Shouldn't this be in another forum? He is not our responsibility anymore.
    You're right.

It should be in the "Players Whose Dick Marstc09 Would Suck" forum

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Freya is offline Team Alumni

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-favre-lawsuit

While the women didnít say they received any messages directly from Favre, he referred to Scavo in a message proposing a meeting with her and a third, unidentified massage therapist, Mondayís lawsuit says.
    And form the original source for the thread:

"Every member of every club's staff should be able to work in an environment free of harassment or hostility, and one in which every employee is valued, respected, and given a full opportunity to contribute to the goals of the club and the NFL," Goodell said.

Does NY seriously not have any employment laws? Did these people sue the Jets for wrongful termination two years ago when this happened? Did they take ANY action at the time to protect their rights as employees?
    In addition, sexual harassment( in MN anyway) is a human rights violation......with a specific office in the state to deal with just such a thing and reporting DOES NOT automatically eliminate the employee's right to sue.

A huge part of the problem is the NFL itself. There appears to be a culture within the NFL that proceeds as though they are exempt from laws that govern everyone else in the country. Goodell acts more like a petty dictator more than simply the administrative head of the organization, in most instances.
    In fairness, perhaps this is why nothing was done sooner. However, it also makes them look rather stupid to anyone who would bother to acquaint themselves with the law under such circumstances.( see Williams and Willams vs. NFL) :laugh:

These women (no longer employed with the Jets and with Favre long gone to another team) have no justifiable reason not to have pursued this issue in whatever way they could, long ago. There is no foundation from which to claim duress, other pressures from the Jets organization or fear losing their job once they had lost their jobs. WHERE exactly would the "retaliation or retribution" have come from at that point?

For me, the bottom line is that this is nothing short of an opportunity to launch a weak law suit now that someone else has focused the spotlight on Favre's bad behavior.
    What would really help them is if someone from another team, such as the vikings or green bay would stand up and say that they too had similar problems with Favre. THEN they would have a case.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1086667
    Whether he's guilty or not I don't feel any sympathy for Favre.
    Why wouldn't you feel sympathy for somebody wrongfully accused of sexually harassing somebody?

(I think there probably is some truth to it and at this point I certainly don't feel sympathy for him either, but if he is indeed innocent that I can't imagine not feeling for somebody in that situation).

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1086660
    Haha sorry shoulda been in the clubhouse maybe? I suppose he isn't a Vike

And Sorry bad title

And these chicks are full of shit
    I'm pretty sure he's technically still a viking until his contact expires in march

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086716
    Why wouldn't you feel sympathy for somebody wrongfully accused of sexually harassing somebody?

(I think there probably is some truth to it and at this point I certainly don't feel sympathy for him either, but if he is indeed innocent that I can't imagine not feeling for somebody in that situation).
    Innocent of sexual harrassment.
    I don't have any doubt that Favre, a married man, was making sexual advances on woman. It is with that assumption that I don't feel bad for him, he made his own bed and should have known that it would come back to bite him in one way or another.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1086720

I don't have any doubt that Favre, a married man, was making sexual advances on woman. It is with that assumption that I don't feel bad for him, he made his own bed and should have known that it would come back to bite him in one way or another.
    I guess if we're rolling with assumptions than I would agree with you.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086721
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1086720

I guess if we're rolling with assumptions than I would agree with you.
    It's not really an assumption, Favre admitted to leaving the voice mails on Stergers phone. That's proof to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast