BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

More evidence that Pete Prisco is an idiot

As if you needed any more proof that Pete Prisco is the single WORST professional sportswriter in the country, he goes out and pens an article like this:

Favre meltdown vs. Steelers a fluke or sign of things to come?

Unbelievable.
    Look at the responses, too.
    Literally EVERY SINGLE ONE - even from Packers and Steelers fans - says he's a silly guy.
    And this is hardly the first time his articles have provoked this sort of response.
    EVERYONE thinks he's an idiot.
    And it's not because he's a visionary who says the things no one else dares to say (though he would think so, the prick).
    He is flat out WRONG most of the time.

There's no doubt in my mind that the bulk of this article had already been written for the moment the Vikings got their first loss - a little folder saying "Favre Meltdown vs. [Insert team name here] a fluke or sign of things to come?"
    The part with the specific details was shoehorned in later.

How does this guy still have a job?
    You could replace him with ANYONE and they would do better.
    Hell, I'm a pretty good writer.
    I've got a decent understanding of football - sure, I'm no coach, but a little bit of knowledge is still more than absolutely NONE.
    Hire ME.
    I couldn't do any worse than him.

I certainly wouldn't do anything as idiotic as calling a deflection off a guy's hands and a perfect, that's-exactly-how-they-teach-you-to-do-it-in-practice strip that no one could have avoided a "meltdown."
    The rationale he does for doing so proves his agenda to blame him using logic that HE ADMITS is flimsy.
    He says that people UNJUSTLY credit Favre for everything good.
    By that rationale, he says he will then credit Favre for everything bad that happens.
    If you think it's a bad argument when the other side does it, that makes it STUPID and HYPOCRITICAL for you to use it yourself, you dolt!

Again - I could literally do a better job than this hack.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: More evidence that Pete Prisco is an idiot

"BBQ" wrote:
    As if you needed any more proof that Pete Prisco is the single WORST professional sportswriter in the country, he goes out and pens an article like this:

Favre meltdown vs. Steelers a fluke or sign of things to come?

Unbelievable.
    Look at the responses, too.
    Literally EVERY SINGLE ONE - even from Packers and Steelers fans - says he's a silly guy.
    And this is hardly the first time his articles have provoked this sort of response.
    EVERYONE thinks he's an idiot.
    And it's not because he's a visionary who says the things no one else dares to say (though he would think so, the prick).
    He is flat out WRONG most of the time.

There's no doubt in my mind that the bulk of this article had already been written for the moment the Vikings got their first loss - a little folder saying "Favre Meltdown vs. [Insert team name here] a fluke or sign of things to come?"
    The part with the specific details was shoehorned in later.

How does this guy still have a job?
    You could replace him with ANYONE and they would do better.
    Hell, I'm a pretty good writer.
    I've got a decent understanding of football - sure, I'm no coach, but a little bit of knowledge is still more than absolutely NONE.
    Hire ME.
    I couldn't do any worse than him.

I certainly wouldn't do anything as idiotic as calling a deflection off a guy's hands and a perfect, that's-exactly-how-they-teach-you-to-do-it-in-practice strip that no one could have avoided a "meltdown."
    The rationale he does for doing so proves his agenda to blame him using logic that HE ADMITS is flimsy.
    He says that people UNJUSTLY credit Favre for everything good.
    By that rationale, he says he will then credit Favre for everything bad that happens.
    If you think it's a bad argument when the other side does it, that makes it STUPID and HYPOCRITICAL for you to use it yourself, you dolt!

Again - I could literally do a better job than this hack.
    Writing like this makes me want to go on a killing rampage at a pre-school

(DISCLAIMER:
    If there happens to be a killing rampage at a preschool in the near future, its coincidence, it wasn't me)

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Re: More evidence that Pete Prisco is an idiot

The sad thing is (and I believe someone at the CBS message board pointed this out) Prisco has a very good reason to write this column - it gives him the opportunity to be the first to say "I told you so" in the unlikely event that there IS a trend.
    If there is, he'll look like a genius.
    If there isn't...well, who's gonna remember a column that some guy wrote in Week 7 anyway?
    He has nothing to lose.
    I don't think he actually believes what he's written - who in their right mind WOULD?
    He's not just an idiot - he's a charlatan to boot.

That still doesn't excuse him confusing Sidney Rice and Greg Lewis.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."