PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

More cheers to Wiggins and Burleson! Diss for Cotrell!

again, we know who showed up... Wiggins has better hands than Marcus Rodinson... Burelson really showed up in the 2nd half.

here's other players who worked there ass off:

chavous (minus the last play to Fisher)
    Winfield
    EJ Henderson and Brian Russel (had the majority of run defensive stops)

O. Smith (had some clutch 8 yard runs, but obviously didn't get the ball enough because we had to come from behind again--which we proudly did)

Culpooper (2 weeks in a row of not giving up,this is a record---good job)

people who can go have sex with a mailbox list:
    Cotrell
    Hovan
    the whole D-line really

the vikes are not playing bad football, they are playing powder-puff defense that Temple University's Owls could throw on.... the corners and safeties had most of the mid-flied run stops and tackles but left the Fudge's WR's and HB's get too many long pass receptions... i am convinced that cotrell does not know what he's doing and does not show his defensive player enough disipline--there was still way to many missed tackles.

boo-ya!

im starting to think it is the players and not cotrell...we missed more tackles than I couldnt count..it was pretty much a gimme that the back would get past the first 1 or 2 defenders. We need
    Moss, but I am proud of our team even though they lost..they are showing some heart late in games.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

I really hate at how Robinson is half-assing everything. I watched him one play when wiggins made a hell of an effort to get open and marcus was just jogging behind. And i don't think it is all the players fault. many are not the smartest guys and i think cottrell has made the defense to complicated. At the end of the game when the defense was finally making some plays, they were acting on instincts with our d-line penetrating and EJ flying around. All of these 1st and 2nd round picks on the Defense were drafted that high because they could play football. Not think about their assignments. I think we should just take away all of EJ's pass drops and have him concentrate on the run and getting after the QB.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Cottrell hasn't impressed anyone, but right now our players are making way to many fixable mistakes (missing tackles, dropping picks etc.), to blame it on the schemes.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: More cheers to Wiggins and Burleson! Diss for Cotrell!

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    again, we know who showed up... Wiggins has better hands than Marcus Rodinson... Burelson really showed up in the 2nd half.
    Agreed on Wiggins. he was a great pickup this offseason.
    I was hoping with Moss out, Robinson would step up and show the flashes of greatness that he had in Chicago.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ADubya26" wrote:
    im starting to think it is the players and not cotrell...we missed more tackles than I couldnt count..it was pretty much a gimme that the back would get past the first 1 or 2 defenders. We need
    Moss, but I am proud of our team even though they lost..they are showing some heart late in games.
    You hit the nail right on the head...the tackling sucks...EVERY GAME it sucks. I vote that Tice do Form Tackling Drills until the players start making tackles in games...a few weeks of that sh*t and those guys won't miss a tackle again.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE