Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Moore's days with Vikings seem numbered

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12950111.html
    After getting a career-low 20 rushing attempts this season, running back Mewelde Moore's time with the Vikings likely will come to an end this March.

Moore is one of eight Vikings set to become unrestricted free agents and, with Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor ahead of him on the depth chart, Moore's odds of seeing increased playing time in 2008 appear small...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Re: Moore's days with Vikings seem numbered

Too bad, he really had so much potential early on IMO. I would still like to keep him but all signs are pointing towards his release.
    Even babies know the difference.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

This is gonna be the hardest time of year for some of us on here.

We are gonna see fan favorites such as Memo leave and will wonder why.
    Suffice it to say there is a reason that none of will ever know.

I suspect the following are the reasons why:

a.
    We are pretty set at RB.
    (CT/AD/Tahi/Can't remember the other kid)
    b.
    He will probably get a pretty decent contract were he goes. That contract probably isn't part of Bryzcheapskis budget.

c.
    We are in a youth movement and he takes a roster spot for an addition next year.
    Studwell/Spielman probably have a guy(s) already target to fill that spot to make the team better in a certain area.
    d.
    I believe he can catch the ball and can run pretty well but he has a few issues with picking up the blitz. Doesn't fit well in this scheme when you look at it that way.

Long story short, we as fans need to get ready for the losses of players like this.
    I have been obsessed with this team for my whole life.
    Trust me when I tell you that someone else will come along that will make you (almost) forget about every player you feel we can't live without.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

This will make VQ cry.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

A good player and one that I'll miss. He never really got a shot at starting spot as we always seemed to prefer Bennett or Ontarrio Smith instead. When he did get the chance he played well and again will be a good pickup for another team.

VQ will be in mourning.. bit like CountryGirl is still over Chris Walsh
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

You know I liked him, just never was sold on him as a all around back.
    The thought of his size andd say 20+ carries a year scared me.
    I wish him well.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

I dont think you get rid of MeMo you all forget about the run backs on punt returns especially when we went to the Giants and had the KO punt and int returns all in one game? Again I am not a huge fan but again unless you get something good for hime y? If we do get rid of him lets get a good pick he is worth it. We could have gotten something good back when Tamp needed him so I supoose we will just sut him much like we did with the rest last spring and everyone robbed our roster.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

"purplepowered" wrote:
    I dont think you get rid of MeMo you all forget about the run backs on punt returns especially when we went to the Giants and had the KO punt and int returns all in one game? Again I am not a huge fan but again unless you get something good for hime y? If we do get rid of him lets get a good pick he is worth it. We could have gotten something good back when Tamp needed him so I supoose we will just sut him much like we did with the rest last spring and everyone robbed our roster.
    How do you leverage a pick for a player that is a free agent?

You do understand that his contract is up.
    That means we have no contractual hold on him nor does he have any contractual responsibilities to the team.

Maybe, just maybe a sign and trade deal but I really don't see that happening with a player of Memo's caliber. Usually that is used only on high ticket kindof players.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Unfortunately MeMo will be released.
    The only thing that would/may keep him around is if it is decided to use CT as trade bait.
    Either way it would suck but there would be some good trade value for CT and if MeMo stayed around I would be happy.
    All in all I think we have a decent RB tandem either way.
    As far as punt returns, I think Allsion can get the job done but I've recently seen an issue with fumbling.
    Therefore I wouldn't be sold on it.
    Another person is Charles Gordon but I expect his role be increased next year on defense.

"ejmat" wrote:
    Unfortunately MeMo will be released.
    The only thing that would/may keep him around is if it is decided to use CT as trade bait.
    Either way it would suck but there would be some good trade value for CT and if MeMo stayed around I would be happy.
    All in all I think we have a decent RB tandem either way.
    As far as punt returns, I think Allsion can get the job done but I've recently seen an issue with fumbling.
    Therefore I wouldn't be sold on it.
    Another person is Charles Gordon but I expect his role be increased next year on defense.
    Very astute observations.

I assume that we will use one of our rookie WR's drafted this year to do those duties.
    Seems there are several out there that fit the bill and we need depth/talent at the WR position.

Kill two birds with one stone if you ask me in the draft by taking a guy like that and he would only take up one roster spot as well giving us more depth at the WR position as well as a KR/PR threat on special teams.

At least that is what I would do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast