Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moore out?

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Moore out?

The AP is reporting that Moore might be out for Monday's game due to his sprained ankle. They are also saying that Raonall Smith will miss Monday's game due to "lingering effects from a concussion". DT will start in his place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    "AP" wrote:
    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings linebacker Raonall Smith will miss Monday's game at Indianapolis due to lingering effects from a concussion.

Smith, who has started three of the Vikings' last four games in place of the injured Chris Claiborne, was hurt on the opening kickoff of last week's loss to the New York Giants. He had a mild concussion Oct. 24 against Tennessee.

Rookie Dontarrious Thomas, who has split time between middle and outside linebacker this season, will start Monday night. Claiborne will miss at least another week with a strained calf.

ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, running back Mewelde Moore might miss Monday's game with a sprained left ankle.

That would make the starter either Michael Bennett or Onterrio Smith, who is just back from a four-game suspension.

Moore leads the team with 64 carries for 376 yards.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Moore out?

Wow... Don't know which is accurate the reports from here are that both are fine and will play.... That is what the papers are quoting Tice as saying.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Moore out?

Although Kfan now has that same report on their website. Wow it changes from minute to minute. I guess we will have to see what the reports are tomorrow. I hope they both play.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Moore out?

The updates come from KFAN radio, and generally are kept up to date on KFAN.COM.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Moore out?

ESPN bottom line says Roanall Smith is out with a concussion.

No news on Moore???????????

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Moore out?

Vikings.com Moore didnt pratice and if he's not 100% he wont dress out.Ronall Smith has the concussion. Whoever has the better week of practice but both bennett and smith will get a lot of touches
    <!--
    sig -->

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Moore out?

This is what they are saying on fanball.com

November 4, 2004 3:25 PM ET
    Vikings: Moore may be out
    The News
    Just when it appeared the Vikings would have their full contingent of running backs healthy and eligible, now it looks as if Mewelde Moore will miss Monday's game in Indianapolis with a sprained left ankle. Moore tweaked his ankle in last week's loss to the Giants and has made minimal progress since suffering the injury, Vikings coach Mike Tice told the team's flagship radio station, KFAN-AM. "If he's not full speed, he'll be inactive," Tice said, though he declined to reveal who would start if Moore can't play.
    Our View
    Michael Bennett has been back for a couple weeks but received limited carries, and Onterrio Smith returns from his four-game suspension this week. While neither is a great fantasy play given that the Vikings may be playing catch-up to the Colts offense most of the evening, it wouldn't be surprising to see Smith get the bulk of the touches given his pass-catching ability and performance as the starter prior to his suspension.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Moore out?

I was listening to my local ESPN radio yesterday morning, and they wer talking with someone from fanball.com. He said that there was also news coming out of the Vikings organization that Moore's ankle isn't the whole reason he's not playing tonight. He said that the rumors were that Moore was listening a bit to much to the media, and getting a big head. This benching is Tice's way of sending a message to him that while he is playing well, so were Smith and Bennett before they got hurt/suspended, and we can win with them just as well. I havn't found any articles to back that up yet, but it's something to look for.

Moore out?

"josdin00" wrote:
    I was listening to my local ESPN radio yesterday morning, and they wer talking with someone from fanball.com. He said that there was also news coming out of the Vikings organization that Moore's ankle isn't the whole reason he's not playing tonight. He said that the rumors were that Moore was listening a bit to much to the media, and getting a big head. This benching is Tice's way of sending a message to him that while he is playing well, so were Smith and Bennett before they got hurt/suspended, and we can win with them just as well. I havn't found any articles to back that up yet, but it's something to look for.
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Moore out?

MOORE -

Nov. 07 - QUESTIONABLE (Ankle)
    Detail: Moore will miss Monday's game to rest his sprained.
    Edge: Onterrio Smith will likely start and split carries.

Sounds like he has been demoted to open room for Smith and Bennett without having to have 3 people compete for the role of starter. This way if it is an injury that he is sitting out for Tice will take less heat from us the fans and media. Less questions that way and less explainations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast