Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    stek is offline Rookie

Re: New def coordinater...

Picking up the Philli. Linebackers coach for D will be nice. From what I've seen he's done a great job out there.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I hope the new guys are a step up. Still not sure about our new head coach yet. I hope we don't start playing offense like philly, no running game at all, and west coast dink and dunk would s-u-c-k. T' eagles never won a super bowl and we won't either if we don't run the ball and play great defense.

zzbudzz is offline Rookie

but ...but ...what about Ted Cortrell? the vikings are going to keep him right ! i mean what will happen to the vikings defense? they might be 26th in defense or worst without him! .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....(j/k i hope they dump his sorry excuse for a d.coach a.s.a.p.!)
    who picked the colors of piss and puke for thier team colors?.....ok i ll give ya one guess

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    I hope the new guys are a step up. Still not sure about our new head coach yet. I hope we don't start playing offense like philly, no running game at all, and west coast dink and dunk would s-u-c-k. T' eagles never won a super bowl and we won't either if we don't run the ball and play great defense.
    The reason the eagles didn't win the superbowl is not because of their defense, but McNabb choking (literally and figuratively) in key games. I think Eagles were pretty balanced save for last year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "kyleo1967" wrote:
    According to an NFL source, Childress already has pieced together a respectable coaching staff that includes Eagles LB coach Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator. Pat Shurmur, Eagles QB coach, and Packers QB coach Darrell Bevell — who played for Childress at Wisconsin — are reportedly the top candidates to become offensive coordinator.
    out of curiosity why would they all leave Philly? why would Reid want an all new staff?
    Reid doesn't have a choice...they can all leave for better jobs if they want to, they are only restricted from making lateral moves.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

THis is awesome! We finally have someone who knows what thier doing with LB's. We can make this defense even better with the adition of him. Imagine how good are Qb's are gonna be for awhile with all the talent thier bringing in at QB coaching. Awesome, just awesome, i love this.!!!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: The Money, Money, Money!! & Asst Coaches

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Every head coach is different in the on the field job, but I am pretty sure that every head coach is directly involved in the playbook and the plays themselves.

On the field he stated he was going to be calling the plays. A lot of times a coaches job is to listen to the OC and DC and step in and take the reigns if they need to.

Why the **** are you calling a draw on this play loney? No run a 32.
    Del you always seem to give really level headed and very knowledgeable responses. if you get a chance could you tell me your opinion on the idea of bringing all those guys from philly like that article suggested. is that a good idea or not?
    Personally, I don't see a problem with it. They were consistently successful, and they know what they're doing. Where else would you want to get coaches from? Maybe New England, but all their primetime coaches were already stolen away.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Ya. Maybe this staff won't piss up a draft like they did a couple of years ago. That was Tice at his best. I feel good about this new leadership, too.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I'm now starting to feel better about the new ownership. They know they have to spend some money to make more. But they are going to need a Superbowl to get what they want.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings next "D" Coordinator as reported on Total Access.

That would be sweet if it becomes true that Mike Tomlin would be our "D" coordinator ... that means some sort of the "tampa two" and that would make me very happy.

Looks like Miami wanted him last year pretty bad for the same position:

January 22, 2005

Defensive Backs Coach Mike Tomlin to Miami?
    7:32 PM CST

an original article by Michael Awi

PewterReport.com is reporting that highly touted Defensive Backs coach Mike Tomlin may be on his way out. He is still working with the Buccaneer staff at the Senior Bowl, but has been rumored to have been offered the Defensive Coordinator job by the Miami Dolphins. Tomlin has said his hope is to be a Defensive Coordinator in the league in the future.

"I think time will tell," Tomlin said. "We all have dreams and aspirations, and mine are those."

"I can’t speak for everybody, but I do believe he’s got a tremendous amount of respect," Gruden said. "He’s a knowledgeable guy, and a real high-energy guy. He’s a great communicator. He’s consistent in that he’s always up. He’s a very optimistic, upbeat guy, but he’s very demanding and detail-oriented guy, too. He’s a superstar coach. He’s going to be one of the best. He’s got a great future and we’re very proud to have him on our staff. His talent is unlimited and we’re very fortunate to have him here."

Tampa Bay has been talking to Tomlin in hopes to bring him back next season, but it is unknown how talks are going right now. But if Tomlin were to sign an extension with the Buccaneers, he would likely been denied any possibility of leaving before that contract would expire.

If Tomlin is to leave for any other job, assistant Defensive Backs coach Raheem Morris is expected to take over as the Defensive Backs coach.
    http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/article/20050122321242381957.php

--------------------------------------------------

Kiffin gave him the stamp of approval, that's good enough for me:

John Lynch was in Hawaii in February, 2001. Another Pro Bowl appearance for one of the league's most accomplished safeties.

When Lynch's phone rang, it was defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin calling from the mainland. Good news, Kiffin said. The Bucs had found a defensive backs coach to replace recently departed Herm Edwards. A sharp guy, Kiffin said. Enthusiastic. Lots of great ideas.

Then came a long pause.

There's just one issue, Kiffin said.

Mike Tomlin was 28. Lynch, at the time, was 29. He was now putting his career in the hands of a coach who was younger than he.

"I thought, 'Whoa, this will be a little different,' " Lynch said. "But Mike called me five minutes later and was talking about all the things we could do. And when he got here, he did things his own way.

"It doesn't matter how old you are or where you came from, people earn respect by knowing how to do their job. And he knew what he was doing."

In two of the previous three seasons the pass defense had ranked second in the NFL. No matter, Tomlin said. The Bucs were going back to basics.

E.D.D., he called it. Every Day Drills.

The Bucs would focus on footwork. They would get back to fundamentals. Tomlin felt like there was room for improvement.

"Some of the guys thought he was crazy," Lynch said. "You're out there thinking, 'We did these drills in high school.' "

Two weeks ago the Bucs finished the regular season with the No. 1-ranked pass defense in the NFL.
    http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/16/Columns/Young_assistants_make.shtml

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tomlins contract is up after the playoffs for the buc's.

http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGB6ACSKSGE.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomlins Bio:

Mike Tomlin - defensive backs; born March 15, 1972, Hampton, Va. Wide receiver William & Mary 1991-94. No pro playing experience. College coach: Virginia Military Institute 1995, Memphis 1996, Tennessee-Martin 1997, Arkansas State 1997-98, Cincinnati 1999-2000. Pro coach: Joined Buccaneers in 2001.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaching/TB

I really like that fact that he made them go back to basics and re-focus on the fundamentals .... Perfectionist. Love it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast