Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

The Money, Money, Money!! & Asst Coaches

Looks like the money is going to roll!! Check it out!

Twin Cities

Childress was in the midst of a contract that runs through 2008 that pays him $1 million a year. Last year, first-time NFL head coach Romeo Crennel was given a five-year, $11 million deal from the Cleveland Browns.

Childress is expected to be given a large pool of money to sign assistant coaches.

The Vikings' 2005 coaching budget was an NFL-low $2,852,800. Wilf is expected to double and perhaps triple that amount. Including Tice's $1 million salary, the entire Vikings coaching staff made less than at least eight NFL head coaches.

Unlike player contracts, there's no salary cap on how much a team spends on its coaching and scouting staffs.

An NFL source said Childress already has targeted his defensive coordinator, Eagles linebackers coach Steve Spagnuolo. Another possibility is Eagles secondary coach Sean McDermott.

Offensive coordinator candidates are Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur and Packers quarterbacks coach Darrell Bevell. UCLA assistant Eric Bienemy could come on as running backs coach.

Coming off a 9-7 season in which they just fell short of a playoff spot, the Vikings head into the offseason in excellent position. They could have more salary cap space than any other team in the NFL, and their roster is fairly well stocked.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Prophet Guest

Re: The Money, Money, Money!!

Good info, been posted about three times already....but I still like to read it. Man, I'm glad Redneck is gone.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    Good info, been posted about three times already....but I still like to read it. Man, I'm glad Redneck is gone.
    whew you took the thought right outta my head

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Sorry, I missed it! Just found it crusing for new info.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: The Money, Money, Money!! & Asst Coaches

Minnesota is going to be nasty!!! I can feel it under this new leadership we can win the big one!! Finally we go some REAL leadership finally.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes" wrote:
    Minnesota is going to be nasty!!! I can feel it under this new leadership we can win the big one!! Finally we go some REAL leadership finally.
    Nasty in a good way.... :shock:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    No my first name ain't baby
    It's DC
    Miss PoloGirl if you're nasty

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Daunte comes back healthy with an improved defense and high motioned offense 07' SB on the way.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

I guess I follow the players individually more than front office and coaching moves. I really like to see Wilf bringing in a whole new staff but is it really going to be good to get so many people from Philly?!

I'm personally not too sold on the idea but again I dont know much about this. I guess I'm looking for some input as to whether this is a smart move or not.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    I guess I follow the players individually more than front office and coaching moves. I really like to see Wilf bringing in a whole new staff but is it really going to be good to get so many people from Philly?!

I'm personally not too sold on the idea but again I dont know much about this. I guess I'm looking for some input as to whether this is a smart move or not.
    I understand what you are saying about too many Philly guys.

I hope that Childress can improve upon the "Reid West Coast Offense" and the lack of willingness to run the ball. I can see it now. Everyone next year will be saying, let's run the ball.

I think we have the right group of WRs to succeed in the Philly Off.
    We probably have the right RBs to succeed in the Philly Off.
    We have a QB that will succeed in the Philly Off as long as he gets back on the field.

Childress had good things to say about BJ and DC. He definitely gave DC the nod by then rambling on into the DC and McNugget comparison in their draft work outs.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast