Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Monday Night Football on ESPN. Graded by Mr. Anderson

You know how bad it was?

Try this:
    I would rather listen to Dennis Miller do play-by-play.

Thats bad.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Mr. Anderson,

You hit the nail on the head from me too. The Skin's obiously to me seemed as if they where being protected from there dumbness and penalties all game. I couldn't beliee my eyes with all of this celebrities and sh!t.
    I was really ticked off by the penalties not called on Washington etc. just makes the win even more
    nicer and more savior in taste.
    My opionion, Thiesmann is a Notre Damer and should know his role, Korny needs to go, and Mike Tirico needs to go bye bye, but in for a commentary a member of Each Monday Night team for an all ot bashing of each team if this is the case.
    But thats apparently not gonna happen.
    May the Gods of Football give us new commentary on MNF! GEEESH

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

" The redskins should get a bunch of giraffes to play on their d-line." Kornholer that was the stupidist thing i have ever heard in my life besides brett saying that this was the most talented team he has ever been on!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"slavinator" wrote:
    I couldnt agree more with your statements of how professional journalists had a biased slant all game and the star cameo's throughout the game were at best annoying.
    Why they couldnt save all that crap for the snooze fest of a second game I will never know.

Kornheiser, Theisman, and Tirico are not even close to the old MNF game crews.
    I would even rather listen to Dan Dierdorf or Bill Maas than those idiots (and I cannot stand Dierdorf or Maas).

I will add that although NBC has Madden and Michaels their coverage is sub-par as well.
    IN the Sunday night game you couldnt even hear them down near the field cuz the music was so loud in Pittsburgh.
    It was all worth it to watch those 2 Culpepper picks to seal the game though.
    I actually really enjoy watching the games on NBC, it's a nice clean setup, no big graphics or anything, and the picture looks sharper to me on NBC, I think the video feed is better overall, the football knowledge of the announcers is high, and as annoying as madden can be at times, I think that Al Michaels is a great announcer, and really works to balance him out, I love the NBC feeds, I'd like to watch all of our games on there.

"Big" wrote:
    I agree with most of your comments.

However, I thought the 1st Taylor personal foul penalty (hitting defenseless WR) was a little harsh when Greg Blue nailed an outstretched Washington WR on the sidelines as the ball flew way over the WRs head in the final drive. If that got flagged we would have lost the game. So, bad calls went both ways.

I wasn't paying too much attention to the commentary but one from Kornhesier was a classic. It was referring to the botched hold attempt. The line was something like "Wow, Chris didn't have a Kluwe". That just cracked me up.
    I'm pretty sure the first Taylor personal foul, wasn't because he hit a "defenseless" receiver, that happens all the time, they called it because he lead with he helmet. You could clearly see the mark on his helmet where he made contact, you get like a little plastic film of the opposing teams uniform or helmet on it, that happened to me a lot when I played football, but that second facemask was unmistakable, and by no means the first time he's facemasked, he gets flagged like 20 times a season for a 15 yarder.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Mr" wrote:
    "slavinator" wrote:
    I couldnt agree more with your statements of how professional journalists had a biased slant all game and the star cameo's throughout the game were at best annoying.
    Why they couldnt save all that crap for the snooze fest of a second game I will never know.

Kornheiser, Theisman, and Tirico are not even close to the old MNF game crews.
    I would even rather listen to Dan Dierdorf or Bill Maas than those idiots (and I cannot stand Dierdorf or Maas).

I will add that although NBC has Madden and Michaels their coverage is sub-par as well.
    IN the Sunday night game you couldnt even hear them down near the field cuz the music was so loud in Pittsburgh.
    It was all worth it to watch those 2 Culpepper picks to seal the game though.
    I actually really enjoy watching the games on NBC, it's a nice clean setup, no big graphics or anything, and the picture looks sharper to me on NBC, I think the video feed is better overall, the football knowledge of the announcers is high, and as annoying as madden can be at times, I think that Al Michaels is a great announcer, and really works to balance him out, I love the NBC feeds, I'd like to watch all of our games on there.

"Big" wrote:
    I agree with most of your comments.

However, I thought the 1st Taylor personal foul penalty (hitting defenseless WR) was a little harsh when Greg Blue nailed an outstretched Washington WR on the sidelines as the ball flew way over the WRs head in the final drive. If that got flagged we would have lost the game. So, bad calls went both ways.

I wasn't paying too much attention to the commentary but one from Kornhesier was a classic. It was referring to the botched hold attempt. The line was something like "Wow, Chris didn't have a Kluwe". That just cracked me up.
    I'm pretty sure the first Taylor personal foul, wasn't because he hit a "defenseless" receiver, that happens all the time, they called it because he lead with he helmet. You could clearly see the mark on his helmet where he made contact, you get like a little plastic film of the opposing teams uniform or helmet on it, that happened to me a lot when I played football, but that second facemask was unmistakable, and by no means the first time he's facemasked, he gets flagged like 20 times a season for a 15 yarder.

Mr. Anderson you are correct, it seems that Taylor always leads with his helmet when going to make tackles and that is what undoubtably drew the flag because he put the crown of his helmet toward the bottom of the facemask of the WR.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

One other call the Refs missed was the Archuleta face mask.
    They did call a penalty of incidental face mask (5 yard penalty).
    I saw the play and it was totally confirmed by replay he downright grabbed the face mask and pulled the runner down with it.
    Should have been a 15 yarder.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

If you noticed about that intro with the vikes LT Michael Huff and Lloyd, the vikings were the only one getting ready for a football game?

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

u know.. 2 be honest..

i can't say i like the announcing.. nor did i like the cut aways they did all the time.. or the extended view of the announcers in the box. show the sidelines.. show the play in replay..

as for the jello-brained announcers.. i'd rather have ones dogging us in the games.. so that in the end.. all they can do is say.. wow.. were we wrong!!!

course.. when i hear that i'll check to see if he11 froze over.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]ESPN gets highest rating ever in U.S. for Vikings-Redskins match Monday night[/size]

NEW YORK (AP) - ESPN's first regular-season Monday night NFL game under the new contract drew the cable network's biggest audience ever.

The game between the Minnesota Vikings and Washington Redskins, won 19-16 by Minnesota, drew a 9.9 rating in the U.S., representing an average of between nearly 9.2 million and 12.57 million households, the network said. The previous record was 8.9 million households on Christmas Day 2004 for a game between Detroit and Miami. The game was carried by TSN in Canada.

ESPN's second Monday night game, San Diego's 27-0 win over Oakland, received a rating of 8.5 and was seen in an average of 7.87 million households.

The first game began at 7 p.m. ET and the second started at 10:15 p.m.

A ratings point represents 1,096,000 households, or 1 per cent of the U.S.'s estimated 109.6 million TV homes.

An estimated 20.7 million viewers watched Peyton Manning's Indianapolis Colts beat younger brother Eli's New York Giants in NBC's prime-time game on Sunday night.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

ESPN's success in their ratings has no bearing on the commentating.
    There are millions of rabid fans wanting to watch some football.

Good call Mr. A.
    They are pathetic.
    They didn't even cover many plays of the more subtle plays.
    On a relative scale, Tirico sounds like a hero compared to the other two clowns.
    I like Kornhole a little better because he tries to call arrogant Joe on some of his assholish comments.
    I have no doubt that I could do a better job than either Theisman or Kornhole, that's pretty bad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast