Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1hotchev is offline Training Camp

Re: Monday Night Football

Right you are cotton was meant for RK

AZJetfan is offline Waterboy

I a done for the night however Lets hope for an injury free and good game. May the best team win!
    None

Thanks, we will
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe both our QB and star WR will shake their ****s at the national televised audience.
    We're bringing purple back.

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

Moss is still new to the offense, but like CCarter said, call the play and tell Randy go long. We now have that presence and that will open the run game for AP. Revis is coming off an injury and will be hesitant to test it. Close game but I think the Vikes win.

Beezer is offline Waterboy

If there is any indication on how the Vikings will fare these coming weeks in their outrageously difficult schedule, it would be determined by how well they play against the Jets.

After two weeks of rest and prep, along with acquiring Moss; this Monday Night game is pivotal in building momentum and credibility. Right now the season is wide-open (and frankly, its been a strange season so far) and its up for the Vikings' taking. How well they perform Monday will set the tone for the rest of the season. Is it a must-win for the Vikings? I say yes, even if its an early road game.

The match-ups look good. Expect Frazier to throw some crazy looks on defense to stir up Sanchez. The Vikings tend to perform exceptionally well if there is consistent pressure on the QB. Sacks aren't necessary, but giving the opposing QB a sense of panicky urgency will cause a lot of mistakes.
    The Jets O-line have done a "good" job protecting Sanchez and opening up plays for their running corps. Sanchez is a hard QB to catch because of his mobility as well.

As on the Vikings offense, its hard to tell. Favre has his way of picking apart a 3-4 defense, as Peterson has his own way of literally running over them. I expect the Vikings offense to start off fast rather than testing the water with conservative plays. The Jets have a very, very athletic defense with or without Revis. Cromartie has given us trouble in the past regardless of what people think of him, I'm sure we will catch him on his heels.

Touchdowns are always more desirable but field goals need to be made to widen the score gap. Forcing the Jets to become one-dimensional with Sanchez gives him more chances to make mistakes.

To win Vikings must:
    -Spread out the 3-4, as well as contain them.
    -Blitz (I believe in the Blitz as much as Frazier.)
    -Convert the third downs. (It's part of the scheme.)
    -Keep at least a two possession lead. So in part, make the field goals!
    -Not get gobbled up by the Jets' O-Line. If this happens, we will be in deep trouble.

It's going to be a close game even if the Vikings do everything necessary to stay in the game. How often Sanchez throws INTs will affect the score margin of the game.

...Vikings by 10, with the game being played hard and close well into the fourth quarter.
    None

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    Thanks, we will
    Hey StC you a Rush fan?
    Purple till i die

Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I love it when other fans come here to actually talk football instead of crap.

My take........

Jets
    Pts Yds Pass Run
    26.5(4th) 339.5(14th) 171.8(25th) 167.8(1rst)

Vikes
    14.3(31rst) 328.3(18th) 185(23rd) 143.3(5th)

Team/Player Stats

Looks to be pretty evenly matched, except for points. That can be attributed to the Vikes and turnovers and the Jets and no turnovers.

Another interesting thing to look at..... LT had 62 yards his first game (Bal), 76 the second (NE), 70 the third(Mia) and then had a monster game of 133 yards (Buf). Was that because he instantly got better or could it be a black eye on the defense he faced.

AD on the other hand has had a 87 yard game (NO), 145 second game (MIA) and a 160 yard game (Det).

I kindof like to look at the common game (MIA) as a indicator when I compare backs.

I think we can run on you, if the staff will stick with it. I also think your OL is better than our DL. Truth of the matter is, I think you have the best OL in the league right now, mostly because of your C (Mangolds) play.

Although I Love to watch that cat pull, that isn't his real strong suite. Watching the line shifts, it appears he calls a damn good game as your line is pretty good on picking up the extra guy.

Profootball focus has this little quote on its 32 Teams/32 Observations....

New York Jets: Mark Sanchez may have only completed 54.8 percent of passes when blitzed, but six of his touchdowns have come in this scenario. He’s better for having fewer men in coverage.
    That couldn't be possible if your OL wasn't doing thier job.

Another thing I worry about. Even though or D looks good statistically (Pts allowed), I still say our DL is open to getting gashed by the run when Phat Pat isn't in there playing the 0 technique. It will be interesting to if JK can fill that void like he did against the Lions.

Long story short, I'm picking the Vikes (always do) but think this will be more about the ground game than the air game that most think it is gonna be.

Again, glad to see you on the board. Feel free to come around again as I think, if everything works out right, we might be seeing each other again this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would love to see the passing increase tenfold in this game but realistically that isn't going to happen. If we show signs of starting to stretch the field out and stopping teams stacking the box again then I'll be happier. Then we can look more to lighting up defences next week when Dallas limp into town.

It's going to be a close game and I reckon will be a FG difference between the two teams with it able to go to either team.
    Here's to a good game and no injuries to anyone.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

AngloVike wrote:
    I would love to see the passing increase tenfold in this game but realistically that isn't going to happen. If we show signs of starting to stretch the field out and stopping teams stacking the box again then I'll be happier. Then we can look more to lighting up defences next week when Dallas limp into town.

It's going to be a close game and I reckon will be a FG difference between the two teams with it able to go to either team.
    Here's to a good game and no injuries to anyone.
    Vikes 28 Jets 17.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast