Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AZJetfan is offline Waterboy

Monday Night Football

Hello Ladies and Gentleman. Just here to get you opinions on the upcoming game. I am not a trash talker nor will I be disrespectfull. I would like to see how you think we match up. Thoughts?
    None

1hotchev is offline Training Camp

Re: Monday Night Football

I do believe it's pretty much desperation time for the Vikes. Moss is still great, but it could be a bandaid on a bigger problem. It will take time to get Moss on board with our offense. But if the Vikes can't beat the over-rated Jets, with two weeks to prepare, and AP healthy, then we are'nt going anywhere anyway.

Overrated or overhyped? I do agree we get to much exposure. But I guess when your in the biggest market and your HC is always mouthing off I guess thats what happens.If Sanchez keeps playing the way he has we will be a contender. The season rests on his shoulders.
    None

Sanchez does have his moments. His biggest job is to not make a mistake. The Jets have a good defense, but they also have every fool at ESPN absolutley facinated with them. The Jets are a 10 and 6 team, who could do well in the playoffs if the defense carries them.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If they are a ten and six team I just hope one of their six comes this Monday night.

WWBGD

Last year we made it to the AFC championship game. We added Cromartie LT Jason Taylor Holmes ect.... I am not saying we are making the SB for sure but we have a better shot than last year.
    None

I don't think you'll beat the Vikes, you're favored by 4, the Jets are a strong team, the Vikes are 1 and 2. The season is young, don't count yourself in the championship game yet. You might draw the Ravens first round.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I agree that the Jets are more overexposed than overrated, although I do think that they're counted just a little ahead of where they ought to be, and the Vikings, perhaps deservedly, a bit behind for their respective talent levels.

I think it's a fairly close matchup, in most respects. Two very good rushing offenses against two good rushing defenses. Two improving pass offenses against two strong passing defenses.

I think the VIkings have the slight advantage across the board on the defensive secondary, although Revis is head and whoulders above any one guy we have. I'd also take Peterson over Tomlinson, although LT has been playing like a man possessed lately. The Jets O-line is playing better than ours at the moment, at least in protection.

My worries on this game are several. First, it's in your house. Second, Moss isn't fully up to speed on our offense yet, and has had little time to get used to catching Favre's passes. He'll contribute, b ut maybe not as much as folks are hoping, at least not this quickly. But mostly, because it is MNF, and the VIkings have a significant history of laying giant eggs on national TV. There have been a few exceptions, of course, but in general, the bigger the audience, the worse the collapse.

I try to stay as optimistic as I can, but I am picking the Jets in this one, close. I do not, however, believe this spells doom for the Vikings, as I expect to see more improvement which will culminate in a thrashing (again) of the Cowboys in Minnesota. From there, who knows, but I think that's still soon enough to turn it around and go on a tear through the second half of the season.

Anyway, welcome to our site and I hope you enjoy your visit with us.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Right you are cotton.

We will see. Thats why we play the game.
    None

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast