Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Molding Patterson into a star

Vikings' mission: Molding Cordarrelle Patterson into a star

The conversation that sold Leslie Frazier on Cordarrelle Patterson's ability to play in the NFL had little to do with football.
    Vikings' mission: Molding Cordarrelle Patterson into a star - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Is Cordarrelle Patterson Too Raw To Make An Immediate Impact At Receiver?

Patterson’s inexperience and lack of knowledge may keep him on the sidelines more often than he is on the field.
    Is Cordarrelle Patterson Too Raw To Make An Immediate Impact At Receiver? - The Viking Age - A Minnesota Vikings Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

I hope he makes an immediate impact & can contribute right away from day 1.

Alot of fans are thinking not until next year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I hope he makes an immediate impact & can contribute right away from day 1.

Alot of fans are thinking not until next year.
    I put up a few quotes out of this link in another thread so I won't do them again here.

Suffice it to say I like what the coaches are saying and I like what the kid is saying. Judging from a few guys I know that had access to the 3 day training event, he really looks good. Alot better than the other guys that were there.

I know most will say, yea, against scrubs, but if he is ALOT better than them, he should be pretty close to what we need at the next level.

Only concern I have is if he can learn to run the route tree and see (and make) the same adjustments Ponder see's and makes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Nice read Singer, thanks. CP is going to be just fine. going to be fun watching him grow into a great reciever....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Nice read Singer, thanks. CP is going to be just fine. going to be fun watching him grow into a great reciever....
    I can't believe I missed this before... we'll actually have CP throwing to CP.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

Only concern I have is if he can learn to run the route tree and see (and make) the same adjustments Ponder see's and makes.
    Too easy..... just too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Too easy..... just too easy.
    I guess, but if that is the case why did Austin go ahead of him? Both are dynamic play makers. Both can play the slot, heck Patterson should be able to play all three were Austin will be limited a bit.

In the end, I hope your right.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I guess, but if that is the case why did Austin go ahead of him? Both are dynamic play makers. Both can play the slot, heck Patterson should be able to play all three were Austin will be limited a bit.

In the end, I hope your right.
    My comment has nothing to do with Austin, and was going to be a jab at Ponder, but that would be too easy

But here it is anyway.

Not sure I want anybody making the same adjustments as ponder

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    My comment has nothing to do with Austin, and was going to be a jab at Ponder, but that would be too easy

But here it is anyway.

Not sure I want anybody making the same adjustments as ponder
    My apologies. Slow on the uptake this morning I guess. I completely missed the Ponder thing.

I was focused on Patterson learning something and you saying it was easy which brought the Austin aspect into the discussion.

Back to Ponder, why wouldn't you want your WR's to make the same adjustments that your QB is seeing? Are you saying he is wrong on his pre-snap reads?

Probably why Percy was unhappy after catching 62 passes that they both read the same way last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast