Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Moe Williams may resurface

Bring back Moe!!!!!!!!!!!! He may not be the most flashy RB, but he has been our work horse. I would love to see him remain as our 3rd down and redzone back.

coreyd is offline Coach

Ok so this might seem retarded. Last night I had a dream about the Minnesota Vikings. Not a huge thing cause I usually dream about the games. But before I even heard that O.Smith was released, and this with Moe, I had a dream that he was playing for the Vikings again.

When I woke up we were deep in the playoffs and he scored a touchdown that won us the game. I dont know. Kinda crazy.

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Bring back Moe!!!!!!!!!!!! He may not be the most flashy RB, but he has been our work horse. I would love to see him remain as our 3rd down and redzone back.
    I couldn't agree more!:thumbright:

and I like your dream coreyd :angel7:

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

We're crowded at RB right now.

I think Childress is looking to make Chester Taylor a 20 carry back.

If that's the case, it's already:

Chester Taylor
    Mewelde Moore
    Onterrio Smith?
    Ciatrick Fason
    Adamchinobe Echemandu

I love Moe, and if we bring him back, he's sure to carry more special teams value than most of the guys above. But if we've got a solid back in Chester Taylor, which has yet to be proven, although running behind Hutchinson and Birk, I think any of these guys can have success, a solid pass catcher and 3rd down back who can also return punts in Moore, a somewhat proven backup who can run people over in Smith, a big, solid goal line back in Echemandu, and someone with the potential of Fason that far down the depth chart, what's the need for another back.

And what's this about us drafting a running back???

I can't see the logic in that when we've got more pressing needs at LB, right side of the OL, possibly an eventual successor to Brad Johnson, and even at WR, especially with Burleson gone.

I can only see us going after a RB if it's one of those best talent available things, and we're still able to cover the other gaps.

Personally I'd like to see us get a QB, but not a Cutler or Leinart in the 1st round, like Charlie Whitehurst or someone in like the 3rd round.

I think, depending heavily on what's available, our first 3 picks should be.

LB
    OT
    WR

If Winston Justice OT, USC is still available in the first round, I'd say we go for him over a LB. LB seems to be one of the deepest positions available this draft.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    We're crowded at RB right now.

I think Childress is looking to make Chester Taylor a 20 carry back.

If that's the case, it's already:

Chester Taylor
    Mewelde Moore
    Onterrio Smith?
    Ciatrick Fason
    Adamchinobe Echemandu

I love Moe, and if we bring him back, he's sure to carry more special teams value than most of the guys above. But if we've got a solid back in Chester Taylor, which has yet to be proven, although running behind Hutchinson and Birk, I think any of these guys can have success, a solid pass catcher and 3rd down back who can also return punts in Moore, a somewhat proven backup who can run people over in Smith, a big, solid goal line back in Echemandu, and someone with the potential of Fason that far down the depth chart, what's the need for another back.

And what's this about us drafting a running back???

I can't see the logic in that when we've got more pressing needs at LB, right side of the OL, possibly an eventual successor to Brad Johnson, and even at WR, especially with Burleson gone.

I can only see us going after a RB if it's one of those best talent available things, and we're still able to cover the other gaps.

Personally I'd like to see us get a QB, but not a Cutler or Leinart in the 1st round, like Charlie Whitehurst or someone in like the 3rd round.

I think, depending heavily on what's available, our first 3 picks should be.

LB
    OT
    WR

If Winston Justice OT, USC is still available in the first round, I'd say we go for him over a LB. LB seems to be one of the deepest positions available this draft.

Winston Justice will never be there when we pick at #17.. The only way we have a shot at him, is if we trade up to get him. If a good QB like Cutler, Leinart, or Young is still there at #17, I say take whoever is available. I strongly believe that we are trading up to get either Leinart, or Cutler.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

moe has done everything asked of him. give him the ball close and he will punch it through. he doesn't shoot off his mouth, or act like a fool when he scores. blue collar player. if we do not resign him i will be disappointed. he has been a joy to watch over the years.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

lets get him back! we need a tough runner for goal-line situations
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    Moe is the ultimate team player. So hopefully he realizes that he is best suited in the Vikings organization as a less prominent job, such as ankle-taper, gatorade-filler, or paper cup re-filler.
    :roll:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

danimal292 is offline Rookie

MOE IS THE MAN>>>>> As an organization I need we, in fact need to "pull a Moe Williams" put our heads down... run full steam... and take this work-horse back!

(Cause you know damn well when he did that sh!t you jumped off your couch all fired up and ready to fight)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12