Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    NFL network guy has us getting Bortles.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    Mike Wobschall of Vikings.com ranked the 10 most standout players from Senior Bowl practices. Doesn't mean a whole lot but figured the Carr part would at least be worth reading.

4. Derek Carr – Quarterback (Fresno State)
    Of those six quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl this week, Carr displayed the most consistency and was simply the best overall player at the position. He has a compact delivery, a strong arm with a tight spiral, he looks the part and has good presence, and appears poised in the pocket. Critics say he can improve his footwork, particularly when throwing on the run. Tuesday was an extremely windy day, particularly during the South’s practice, but Carr’s passes seemed unaffected by it, a good indication that his velocity, trajectory and release are sound. Jimmy Garoppolo, following a MVP performance in last week’s East-West Shrine game, also had a good week. He was a bit more inconsistent, but was clearly the second-best passer in Mobile behind Carr. Garoppolo has a lightning-quick release, appears to be a good and quick decision maker, and also looks the part around his teammates and in the huddle.

10 Who Stood Out During Senior Bowl Practices
    Christian Ponder 2011 senior bowl MVP.
    Just say no to Carr. His deep ball isn't good enough for what Norv Turner will want to do on offense.
    I still think one of the top three will fall to the Vikings at 8. If not, draft the best corner on the board, and go treasure hunting for a QB in the second round.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If we are on the clock at pick 8 and 3 QB's have already been drafted then we sure as hell better not take the 4th one just because they screwed the pooch with Ponder. If we had taken the second or 3rd QB in that draft we would have been equally screwed so they need to take the best player that is available and get a QB when it makes sense, probably in the 2nd or 3rd.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Mock's Have Us Taking Carr

We going defense wit that first pick and probably trade back up in tha first round to get a QB

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    I can't hide the fact that i knew ponder wasn't no NFL QB and was mad when they drafted him, I think Manziel have wat it take to be and NFL QB i can see him and AP doin the read option and Patterson, Minn need to trade up to get him remember Minn still hold Seattle 4th round pick I'm just saying there no doubt we need a franchise QB
    +1

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Give me him or Hudley from UCLA.
    Both look great.
    I want Bortles myself but I would like Manziel also. Hundley decided to stay in school, I believe. At least the last time I saw anything on him.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    agreed, he has done well with the drafts..I have to question at this point, why is he still here? He should have been sent his walking papers also.
    If you feel he did well drafting talent then do you blame him for the lack of wins or the people who are supposed to take the talent and get the wins(coaches)?

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    both..he has no doubt missed from rounds 4-6

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Christian Ponder 2011 senior bowl MVP.
    Just say no to Carr. His deep ball isn't good enough for what Norv Turner will want to do on offense.
    that's not what this article says.. Norv Turner, the Chinese Room and Israeli Prisons - Daily Norseman

"No quarterback is a perfect fit, but aside from the nominal number one pick (although perhaps not) Teddy Bridgewater, the best option could be Derek Carr who has the arm strength and intelligence to really wow in a Coryell offense, although he will both need to spend more time under center (he claims this will be no issue, though that is hardly a surprise) to prove he has the footwork necessary."

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I want Bortles myself but I would like Manziel also. Hundley decided to stay in school, I believe. At least the last time I saw anything on him.
    the guys you want will be gone by the 5th pick..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast