Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Not excited about Carr, would have been happy with Bridgewater, Bortles, or Manziel. But I think he is better than Ponder.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    I don't trust Spielsmans ability to pick a QB..Wasn't he the Miami GM when he chose Fumblepepper over Brees??? How did that one work out? We're fucked as long as he has some input on that.
    Yes, he was. He built the 1-15 Miami Dolphins before Bill Parcells had to come in and clean up his mess. Still dumbfounded how he got the Vikings job with almost no credentials.

He's done well in the last couple of drafts, but it really hasn't resulted in wins... which is the whole point.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Yes, he was. He built the 1-15 Miami Dolphins before Bill Parcells had to come in and clean up his mess. Still dumbfounded how he got the Vikings job with almost no credentials.

He's done well in the last couple of drafts, but it really hasn't resulted in wins... which is the whole point.
    agreed, he has done well with the drafts..I have to question at this point, why is he still here? He should have been sent his walking papers also.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    I don't trust Spielsmans ability to pick a QB..Wasn't he the Miami GM when he chose Fumblepepper over Brees??? How did that one work out? We're fucked as long as he has some input on that.
    No he wasn't... although he did give up a second rounder for AJ Feely, sign scott mitchell to a big contract and trade another 3rd rounder for Sage Rosenfels... not sure it's much better...

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

He had nothing to do with that... he was replaced in 05 by Nick Saban.. he was gone by then.. But I agree i am not sure how he got the job in the first place...

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    He had a hand in messing up the Bears as well if I remember correctly..

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    I think we do what we can to get Johnny football. The kid is a wildcard sure, but he just has that "it" factor that makes up for any of his failings. Would make Sunday's very interesting.
    what he said

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Mock's Have Us Taking Carr

We shouldn't take a QB in the first round, we need help on defense bad and it going to be hard dragging anyone here from free agency since we will be outside for 2yrs we should draft DARQUEZE DENNARD, team him up wit Rhodes, Smith our secondary look much better now and Cook couldn't defend a High School receiver let alone a pro

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Mike Wobschall of Vikings.com ranked the 10 most standout players from Senior Bowl practices. Doesn't mean a whole lot but figured the Carr part would at least be worth reading.

4. Derek Carr – Quarterback (Fresno State)
    Of those six quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl this week, Carr displayed the most consistency and was simply the best overall player at the position. He has a compact delivery, a strong arm with a tight spiral, he looks the part and has good presence, and appears poised in the pocket. Critics say he can improve his footwork, particularly when throwing on the run. Tuesday was an extremely windy day, particularly during the South’s practice, but Carr’s passes seemed unaffected by it, a good indication that his velocity, trajectory and release are sound. Jimmy Garoppolo, following a MVP performance in last week’s East-West Shrine game, also had a good week. He was a bit more inconsistent, but was clearly the second-best passer in Mobile behind Carr. Garoppolo has a lightning-quick release, appears to be a good and quick decision maker, and also looks the part around his teammates and in the huddle.

10 Who Stood Out During Senior Bowl Practices
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Anyone think Carr is available in the second round? If so this would be a great pick.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast