Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Johnny Football will be the NFL's version of Mitch Williams.

iowa is offline Rookie
    johnny football is a once in a generation talent. i've watched a lot of football in my life, never seen anything like this guy. he may not pan out in the nfl but it's worth the gamble. there are no sure things when it comes to drafting a qb, we have to take a chance with this guy if we have the opportunity, he's a special player.
    None

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    johnny football is a once in a generation talent. i've watched a lot of football in my life, never seen anything like this guy. he may not pan out in the nfl but it's worth the gamble. there are no sure things when it comes to drafting a qb, we have to take a chance with this guy if we have the opportunity, he's a special player.
    Couldn't agree more. Just finished watching A&M and Duke, man would I love to watch him in purple.
    Last edited by purpledoom; 12-31-2013 at 11:15 PM.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Mock's Have Us Taking Carr

I can't hide the fact that i knew ponder wasn't no NFL QB and was mad when they drafted him, I think Manziel have wat it take to be and NFL QB i can see him and AP doin the read option and Patterson, Minn need to trade up to get him remember Minn still hold Seattle 4th round pick I'm just saying there no doubt we need a franchise QB

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    I don't trust Spielsmans ability to pick a QB..Wasn't he the Miami GM when he chose Fumblepepper over Brees??? How did that one work out? We're fucked as long as he has some input on that.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Funny how it was Ponder's wife who interviewed Manziel after the game last night. Interviewing the guy that could very well be replacing your hubby. It has come full circle for the bust.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    IMO, this review is probably the most realistic of what to expect from Carr.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/1...om-derek-carr/

Most scouts give him credit for having the ability to make all the passes, but this report heavily criticizes his footwork in the pocket and thinks he needs the right franchise and some time to develop into a good NFL QB.
    Just what is needed, another guy with accuracy issues that no professional QB coach can correct. If only Tebow could correct his footwork he would be the next Tom Brady !
    I prefer the concept of someone who is already good. Surely somebody has the arm to make all the throws and good footwork. Apparently there aren't any QB's like that in the upcoming draft.
    I remember the analysts knocking Andy Dalton for having the slowest throwing motion of all the QB's in his draft class. Now he receives praise for his quick release. Was that coaching or erroneous analysis ?
    If it's coaching, why can't the Vikings coach up a QB ? Or is it just poor talent evaluation ?
    It's fun to analyze these guys, but it seems luck plays as big a role as skill in evaluating players sometimes.
    I like the look of McCarron as an NFL caliber QB; but surely that means he will suck !

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Blake Bortles please!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    Blake Bortles please!
    Give me him or Hudley from UCLA.
    Both look great.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    BLAKE BORTLES! I would take that kid #1.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast