Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Mock's Have Us Taking Carr

I seems quite a few Mock's have us taking Carr QB Fresno St. What does everyone think of that?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I seems quite a few Mock's have us taking Carr QB Fresno St. What does everyone think of that?
    No thank you. Is he the 8th best player in this draft?
    I wouldn't but him in the best 32. We won't be able to get a QB in this draft without reaching. Almost every team above us needs a QB and if they don't draft them, they will still draft them in round 2 ahead of us. I say we get the best players available and then look elsewhere in the draft.
    My two choices are to trade for a better draft spot ( i don't like) or reach and draft a guy higher than he needs to be taken (way higher).

I rather draft the top CB and DT (round 2) and then play Cassell/Freeman for another year.
    Next year if we stink, we are in the Winston, Braxtonmiller, Oregon QB race.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    IMO, this review is probably the most realistic of what to expect from Carr.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/1...om-derek-carr/

Most scouts give him credit for having the ability to make all the passes, but this report heavily criticizes his footwork in the pocket and thinks he needs the right franchise and some time to develop into a good NFL QB.

Now having said all that, Derek possesses tons more potential than David ever did. If Carr lands in the right system with the right coaching staff behind the right veteran passer, he can likely develop into a solid NFL passer. He simply needs to work on his footwork, which will translate into less jump balls for his receivers. If he can accomplish that as a late-round pick on a team that doesn’t need him to start immediately, then Carr might eventually be a viable pro signal-caller. But if he’s drafted early and thrown to the wolves, he won’t last long. Cross your fingers, Fresno State fans.
    Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/1...ewOZgka7ZjT.99

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Trade up or don't take a QB in the first round. Too many are going ahead of the 8th pick. Don't reach again!
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I'd rather trade for Kirk Cousins.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Of course the other unknown will be who will be here on coaching. So even though it's indicated that he needs time and the right franchise Minny could be the place for him - thats assuming we're willing to wait that year or two for him to develop.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^, Im down for this.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'd rather trade for a Cousins Sub....

Oh....they shut down.....

I've seen Carr or manziel slated as our pick, not sure either one excites me.

Caine

purpledoom is offline Starter
    There are things about Manziel that make me nervous. But there are things I like about him a lot also, he is a winner and he brings excitement to the game. I think he can throw the ball better than some give him credit for. He kind of reminds me of #4 the way he plays. The Bama qb A.J. McCarron is it ? kind of intrigues me. I think Cousins could be pretty good, all this talk about going for a cb or something else with the first pick. No no no, we have got to get a qb.

Ozzie is offline Rookie
    I think we do what we can to get Johnny football. The kid is a wildcard sure, but he just has that "it" factor that makes up for any of his failings. Would make Sunday's very interesting.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast