Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MNF Announcers

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

MNF Announcers

Well, ABC is giving us another new sideline reporter. Lisa Guerrero is out after one season. Heres a quote from the producer of MNF Fred Gaudeli:

“The sideline reporter role is an incredibly hectic environment, nothing is predictable. It was our hope that we would work like gangbusters to expedite that curve as quickly as we could, but in the end the talent and role weren’t as compatible.”
    As the article I pulled this from pointed out, that's 42 words he used to say that she sucked.

Michelle Tafoya is going to be the new sideline reporter. I have absolutely no idea who she is.

My next question is, do we really need a sideline reporter. What do they offer us other than the same in-game injury reports that get sent up to the broadcast booth?

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

MNF Announcers

i think it is a useless role tht they always try to fill with a smart, cute women. It makes no sense to have and please, i hope this next girl knows football really well because if not, it is just a waste of time
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

MNF Announcers

i think the sideline announcer is good sometimes while interviewing players, but mostly a waste of time yeah! and i agree its just a pretty face, who better know some football,,,lol
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

MNF Announcers

"owensforpres" wrote:
    i think the sideline announcer is good sometimes while interviewing players, but mostly a waste of time yeah! and i agree its just a pretty face, who better know some football,,,lol
    The position is not just a pretty face, though that does seem to be the trend. Remember, they used to have Eric Dickerson as a sideline reporter. Except, all he ever talked about was running backs. As soon as they went outside of his old position, he was lost. I would usually rather see a replay of what just happened than hear what the sideline reporter is telling us. It's usually not anything that affects the outcome of the game, except for the injury updates, and we could get those from the regular announcers.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

MNF Announcers

Here she is, I think they might be dropping the eye candy for someone who knows what she's doing. She's done Hockey and other sports as well as general fillin work for CBS before.

Last chick was a dope. Don't mind the sideline reports, breaks things up a bit
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

MNF Announcers

haha she's not that cute, maybe she will know a thing or two
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

MNF Announcers

JUST SHOW US THE DAMN GAME HIGHLIGHTS!!!

sig courtesy of PPE

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

MNF Announcers

If they want to sprinkle a little eye candy in with the football, thats fine with me!

MNF Announcers

I just found this on ESPN.com

Tafoya, who spent last football season as ESPN's on-site reporter at "Monday Night Football" games, joined ABC Sports two years ago as a courtside reporter on ABC's NBA telecasts. She will work her second NBA Finals for ABC Sports in June.

"Michele will be a great asset to 'Monday Night Football,' " Mike Pearl, senior vice president and executive producer at ABC Sports, said in a statement. "She has done a terrific job on our NBA telecasts, and she will bring to the show a first-rate knowledge of the NFL. She is a top-notch reporter."
    At least it sounds like they'er putting someone down there who knows what she's doing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

MNF Announcers

Michelle Tafoya used to be a sportscaster for one of the twin cities networks. She does a pretty good job and knows her stuff too. Not the most pleasant to look at though. I want Melissa Stark back, she was some good eye candy!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast