MM's Great Attitude

Mewelde Moore:

Q: Talk about your big game today.
    A: All I have to say is hats off to the offense. Every defense that comes, they respect us, and we just go out there and we just execute. Right now we're doing a great job of it. The offensive line is doing a heck of a job sustaining and giving us an opportunity to make plays.

Q: Is this the kind of thing where you just get more comfortable as you get more touches?
    A: Yeah, I'm just getting comfortable. I was poised and subtle but you still, when you're a rookie and it's your first start, going back to Houston, it's just one of those things where your head is on a swivel, and you just want to constantly continue to bring yourself down a little bit so you can be calm and poised. So that's what I'm doing, and now I'm starting to adjust that way, and I don't have to remind myself now to come into the game and just let the game come natural to me.

Q: Do you feel like the offensive line is getting you to the second level?
    A: Yeah definitely. I'm starting to get that opportunity, and that's what I was talking about. Now I'm studying film over and over just trying to see what I need to do to be able to hit the seams or make the guy miss, just continue to break it and get the extra yardage outside on the second level.

Q: Do you feel comfortable with your receiving skills?
    A: Well yeah, I believe in my hands. I was reading defenses in college, so that's nothing new to me. I just continue to look, pay attention, observe everything, take my reads, and just go for what I know.

Q: How do you feel about winning four games in a row?
    A: Oh man, that's all it's about. That's the name of the game - win, and that's what we're doing, and I'm happy.

Q: How crucial has the offensive line play been for you?
    A: Very crucial. Any running back knows that the offensive line are the most important people on the field, and if you don't respect them or you don't think that they're important, then you have another thing coming.

Q: Do you feel like you're making it harder for the coaches to take you off the field?
    A: I'm not here to create controversy. I'm just out here doing my job. All I want to do is win. Whatever's asked of me I just go out there and do it 100%.

Q: Are things slowing down for you a little?
    A: It's always been kind of in a pace once I got the feel of what I was supposed to be doing, knowing my place and everything. Now it's just trying to create a little more, trying to do the little extra things to help you get the extra yards and try to move the chains.

Q: Is your role as the underdog changing?
    A: It's never going to change. My mentality is never going to change. While you guys go home and enjoy it, I'm going to go home and enjoy it and everything, but my mentality is never going to change.

Q: How much fun is this right now?
    A: It's a lot of fun. If you're not having fun, you shouldn't be out there. The name of the game after wins is having fun, so if you have fun and you win, it's like having your cake.

Q: A lot of people are learning about you.
    A: Well I guess as far as outside of this team, I guess that's a good thing, but for me all I want to do is just continue to play this game because I enjoy it, and I'm having fun with it.

Q: A lot of times you're running right and then you cut back left. How much of that is designed and how much of that is you seeing things?
    A: God blessed me with vision, and I trust on it. I believe in it, and I just go out there and run what I see, the flows and everything of what goes on. I might cut right and set up something going left. Sometimes it's how it is, and sometimes it's just the flow of it, the way the crease is developing.

Q: How is your vertical vision?
    A: Well it's coming along. I'm still developing it, and with that I'm still not just concentrating on it. You just have to let the game come to you, so however it flows and however it comes to you, that's just how it comes to me. God has blessed me, and I just want to thank him for it.

Q: Did you ever dream you could do this well?
    A: You always dream about going out and making plays. If you didn't dream like that when you were a kid or dream like that when you fell in love with the game, then maybe this isn't the game for you. I always dream like that. I always want to make the big plays and help my team win. I got the opportunity to do it, and we're out there having fun with it and we're playing well.

With all of these questions about who to start, I think attitude should play a part. Im not saying that any of the other guys have poor attitudes, but this guy stands out to me and it seems the same way with his teammates as well. What do you guys think?

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

MM's Great Attitude

He has turned into a hell of a player! The thing I liked is that every first down he got or everytime he touched the ball, he would just get up, give the ball to the ref, and go back to the huddle. No look at me bullshit, just goes back to work!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

MM's Great Attitude

You can tell MM is one class act. I love the guy. I was soooooo excited to see him, in the games. He looked great, what I saw of him in preseason. And yes, he has a great, great attitude. I like how no matter if he has the whole team on him, he is fighting, fighting, twisting, turning, squirming for more yardage. This guys will NEVER give up.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

MM's Great Attitude

VIKINGS.COM article. I didn't want to start a new thread, put this on one or two of the RB threads for people to read.

Paragraph below is a sample of the article.

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_JoshVikeTitan102504.html

The Vikings staff will soon be in a predicament. There were rumors this past week that Moore, Moe Williams, or Onterrio Smith could possibly be deactivated depending on the needs and matchups once all five backs (along with Michael Bennett and special teams extraordinaire Larry Ned) were ready, willing, and able to take whatever brunt of the load that they are given. It would be extremely rare for a team to have five backs on the active roster for gameday. Not only would it be rare, but it would be tough (and maybe even lack necessity) to keep all of these guys active and not stretch the team thin in terms of backups at other positions.