Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Re: MMQB - Peter King ranks Vikes 7th in the league, 3rd in NFC

"HoosierVike" wrote:
    "j. I'm no ratings maven, but I'll bet a dime that a Dallas-New England or Green Bay-New England Super Bowl would draw the biggest audience in American television history.

k. Why do I think the Vikings might have something to say about that?"

Is Peter King making a Vikings Super Bowl reference here?...What the heck is going on in the world of football..lol Things are looking really good for us, but dont you think it might be a little early to throw our names in with the Cowboys, Packers , and Patriots?
    There is no doubt that this is a different team than that which played the Packers a few weeks back but man. Winning 5 outta 6 and four in a row really changes the landscape.

Skol Vikings!
    Exactly we have to beat the Bears and hope for some losses next week in order to get a nice little cushion before going into a not so easy game against the Skins and Broncos...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"Ltrey" wrote:
    Holy pooh. Are we good?

I'm still a little leary....
    the longer you have been a viking fan,
    the harder it is to put that feeling away.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Agree with everythin being said, we are improving and if we continue to improve as a team, not just as an offense or a defense, then we cud win out the season and really shake things up post-season!

Skol Vikings P2BP
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    Holy pooh. Are we good?

Two things I never bet on... my golf game and the Vikings... both have let me down too many times!
    Sometimes I think every Vikings fan in the world must be a closet masochist.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    Holy pooh. Are we good?

Two things I never bet on... my golf game and the Vikings... both have let me down too many times!
    Sometimes I think every Vikings fan in the world must be a closet masochist.
    i guess we are the cub fans of the nfl
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I hate to be the pesimist here, but I'm not ready to put the Vikes in the same league as the Cowboys or Green Bay...
    I think we have as good a chance as any other team at beating them, but this is the NFL and anything is possible.

Adrian getting completely shut down yesterday concerned me some.
    This was a bad 49er team we faced and they kept up with us the entire 2nd half.
    Sure much of that could be related to the large lead we had, but minus Chesters 1 long run, they basically shut down our running game for 4 quarters.
    And this team that shut us down was ranked 26th I believe against the rush.
    If San Francisco found a way to close the door, who's to say the better teams coming up won't do the same.
    Granted Tjack has looked acceptable when forced to pass these last 3 weeks, but can he continue to perform at this level?

Still...we SHOULD make the playoffs.
    A win is a win and I'll take it.
    I just wasn't nearly as impressed with their performance yesterday as I was against the Giants and Lions.
    I have heard people saying they think this team is better than the one in 98'.
    I don't necessarily agree with that, but we certainly have put ourselves in position for a playoff run.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

The optimistic view is that even though the 9ers stopped AD, T-Jack was able to take advantage of his opportunities. That is exactly what we were struggling with early this season. A good running game is supposed to help with the pass. Earlier, we couldn't pass, even though defenses were selling out to stop our run. The fact that we are now beginning to get completions is a good sign for our future. For sure, teams will continue to focus on our running game. We know are showing an ability to make em pay, that will only improve as T-Jack gets more and more comfortable. It's to the good.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I hate to be the pesimist here, but I'm not ready to put the Vikes in the same league as the Cowboys or Green Bay...
    I think we have as good a chance as any other team at beating them, but this is the NFL and anything is possible.

Adrian getting completely shut down yesterday concerned me some.
    This was a bad 49er team we faced and they kept up with us the entire 2nd half.
    Sure much of that could be related to the large lead we had, but minus Chesters 1 long run, they basically shut down our running game for 4 quarters.
    And this team that shut us down was ranked 26th I believe against the rush.
    If San Francisco found a way to close the door, who's to say the better teams coming up won't do the same.
    Granted Tjack has looked acceptable when forced to pass these last 3 weeks, but can he continue to perform at this level?

Still...we SHOULD make the playoffs.
    A win is a win and I'll take it.
    I just wasn't nearly as impressed with their performance yesterday as I was against the Giants and Lions.
    I have heard people saying they think this team is better than the one in 98'.
    I don't necessarily agree with that, but we certainly have put ourselves in position for a playoff run.
    This team has the potential to be better than the one in 98.
    Are they better than the 98 Vikings now?
    No!

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

that is sweet, we just gotta take care of business against the bears and redskins and where in the playoffs

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I hope he didn't just Jinx us. That is generally how the downfall of a Vikings season begins

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast