Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: MMQ has Vikings and Patriots in big dance....need new en

i like what they said towards the end of the article about chad morton and Hee-Seop Choi!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/06/13/mmqb.brady/3.html

We've still gotta get over that Eagles hurdle before we get to the Big Dance, although T.O. holding out certainly makes that more likely.

Given the alternative, I'd rather have "the experts" think that we have a good, talented team than writing us off every year like the Bears and Lions.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I couldn't see Troy Brown picking off Pepp.....what a dumb ending! I could see a missed FG by Edinger and a last drive by Patriots to win with a FG....but if it came down to a TD, Daunte would run it in himself!!!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"MountainVike" wrote:
    We've still gotta get over that Eagles hurdle before we get to the Big Dance, although T.O. holding out certainly makes that more likely.

Given the alternative, I'd rather have "the experts" think that we have a good, talented team than writing us off every year like the Bears and Lions.
    With our new D, we should be able to beat the Iggles no problem...heck, we had a decent chance to beat them with our old D.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

alright fellaz heres the real ending... mind the spellin errors

The following is an excerpt from MMQ article at SI...good story, but wrong ending. Who wants to write the correct ending?

--------------------------------------------------

...The game was better than the final score sounded. "I think everyone expected us to come in and play like the old Vikings -- you know, to fold in the clutch,' said coach Mike Tice, rewarded during the week with a new five-year, $6 million contract, making him the 24th-highest-paid coach in the NFL. But Minnesota chased Brady all over the field during a rough first half for the Pats, forcing the QB to the locker room after the vicious Williams sack on the first play of New England's third drive of the game. Up to that point, the teams had traded first-quarter touchdowns -- a two-yard Brady pass to Watson for New England, a 69-yard bomb from Daunte Culpepper to rookie speedster Troy Williamson. For one series he missed, Brady gave way to the ageless Doug Flutie, who completed all three of his pass attempts -- for 49 yards -- and scrambled twice more for 36 yards, leading to a 23-yard Adam Vinatieri field goal.

"That will not be my last moment in the sun,' said Flutie, 43, who said after the game he is determined to be the first grandfather in NFL history to play in the league.

Vinatieri added two more second-quarter field goals, while the Vikings scored 10 second-quarter points on a Paul Edinger 56-yarder and a 56-yard burst around left end by rookie running back phenom Ciatrick Fason. At the half, Minnesota led 17-16.

Several Patriots said Belichick was particularly serene at halftime. "About the worst thing he said to the defense was, 'You guys are playing like dog dung,'" said defensive end Richard Seymour. "He's been here before. We've been here before. We took a chill pill at halftime and knew we'd get it right in the third quarter.'

As the second half began, The vikings came out with the taste of 98 fresh in thier mouths. Today Vinatieri would not end thier season dreams. Culpepper lead a furious 65 yard drive all the way down to the patriots 8 yard line.Culpepper's first pass was overthrown. Second and goal. As wiggins came across in motion, culpepper called hike and rolled out to his right, a quick pump fake to rookie williamson caused the new England secondary to bite. Leaving culpepper a wide lane to run it in for the early second half touchdown.

Brady and his patriots took the field, and frustraition seemed to over take them as they went a quick 3 and out.

Minnesota's next drive was as a failure as well. A dropped pass bye WR kelly campbell on a 3rd and 8 caused a minnesota punt.

The patriots trailing bye 8 took the field.A season of dominate defense from the minnesota vikings seemed to go out the window, allowing the patriots to drive 82 yards and winde down the game clock into the 4th quarter. As the patriots set up into First and goal, a run bye RB corey dillion was jammed bye minnesota LB napoleon Harris, stoping dillion 3 yards shy of the endzone. On 2end and goal, brady called hike, WR troy brown ran a fade pattern to the right side of the endzone. The ball left brady's hand, and for those 3 seconds everything moved in slow motion.

"Everything are season was about, our dominate defense, seemed to be crashing down on this drive. We wernt nysnc, It was a confusion on the field." said minnesota CB Fred smoot

As the ball headed for WR troy brown a purple blur came into sight. CB fred smoot apeared almost out of nowhere and intercepted brady's well thrown pass. Smoot along with winfield
    ran the ball all the way to the patriots 34 yard line.

Coming into the season the minnesota vikings had alot of questions to answer. The biggest one being the decision to trade Pro Bowler Randy Moss to the oakland raiders. IT was funny how this game would end, kind of putting a end to all thier season long questions. Culpepper took the feild, the NFL's MVP. As he looked upon the score board it read 6 minutes and 43 seconds. The vikings could wrap up the game with a Field goal on this drive. Culpepper handed the ball off to Rookie sensation Fason, sporting the late great walter payton "34". Fason carried the ball 6 yards, setting up Second down.

"I told the men, im like we got less then 6 minutes to get ourselfs a victory, lets eat up this clock and get this win" said Culpepper

second down. Culpepper snapped the ball and handed it off to fason again for a gain of 2 yards. The clock continued to run. it was 3rd down and 2. A run seemed to be the likley choice, but a quick hike and snap bye culpeper as he dropped back. Found travis taylor on a cut back open for a gain of 5 yards. On thier fresh set of downs, the vikings continued to pound the ball and pick up 2 more first downs, eating 2 and half minutes off the clock. The vikings entered the Redzone. On first down, culpepper handed it off to RB fason who dropped the handoff. The ball was finally chased down and recovered bye TE wiggins. The Vikings who once faced a first goal, now faced a first and goal from the 38 yard line. The patriots used a timeout to stop the clock. On second down, Culpepper Lobbed a pass up for Nate Burleson, but it was ruled out of bounds. The vikings had one more shot to gain ground and set of a Victorious Field goal. 3 and 28. Culpepper called hike and dropped back. He read the field and threw the ball up. The crowd shifted thier heads twords the endzone. Wr Troy williamson was open on a slant pattern. The ball seemed to look as if it might be over thrown. Williamson stopped on a dime in the back of endzone, and extended his arms.

"I saw troy open off the slant so i threw it up. Right as i threw it i was thinkin....I over threw it, wide open and i over threw it." as culpepper said with a slight smirk on his face.

Wr williamson extended his right arm passed the back of the endzone.And memories of moss filled thes stadium as Troy hauled in a one Handed 48 yard one handed Touchdown from Culpepper. The vikings Team poured onto the field. years of doubts and frustration out the window! The vikings Took the lead 31-17 with 2 minutes and 23 seconds left in the ball game. Questions of thier decison to draft WR troy williamson over sure thing USC mike williams were all answered. besides breaking multiple RoOkie WR records, Troy became a superbowl legend on one pass, one play, one hand.

Brady and pats Drove down field to score a touchdown with only a few ticks left on the game clock. The minneosta Vikings had won superbowl XL 31-23 against the New England Patriots.

at the end of the game minnesota head coach mike tice has this to say.
    " it was a long year, without a doubt. We knew we had a good ballclub coming into the season and we proved to everyone out there we do. But i just wanna take this time to thank the guys and gals of Purple Pride.org for all thier support.We couldnt have done it without you boys! skol!"

the end

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I would love to see NE run their no-defensive-lineman front against us. We would absolutely run the ball down their throats with that D. Our massive O-line along with jimmy K would eat their Lb's alive in the running game. No way that would work against us.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

nice job williamsonoftroy

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    I would love to see NE run their no-defensive-lineman front against us. We would absolutely run the ball down their throats with that D. Our massive O-line along with jimmy K would eat their Lb's alive in the running game. No way that would work against us.
    The Patriots rarely run that kind of front.

The Pats especially liked to do it against Bledsoe because it confused the hell out of him.

Primarily the Pats run a 3-4. And I think that Belichick is a pretty-good game-day coach and the Patriots are a pretty good big-game team.

It would be quite a day for me, though, if both teams make it to the big game.
    I killed the wabbit.

Prophet Guest

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    alright fellaz heres the real ending...
    Beautiful...

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Player wise.I think we can match up with them pretty well.However Bellicheck would coach circles around Tice. I like Rio,s idea,Avenge 69 !
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast