Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Neither one of em for starting MLB they need to draft Mack or Mosley
    First off Mack is not a MLB, And im not sure if Moseley warrants being picked at 8. But I do like the thought of either in purple.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    2014 NFL Mock Drafts - Will Brinson - CBSSports.com NFLDraftScout.com

2014 NFL Draft Trade Value Chart

Whoooop! There it is, MN trades back to 13 with the Rams, so they can go get the LT prospect they've missed on multiple times, and a guy who is the son of one of Fisher's friends. We'd most likely get their third (11 of the 3rd) and their 5th (the 13th of 5th)...

And at 13, we snag our QB of the Defense, CJ Mosley! An intelligent and instinctive LB with the coverage skills to play all downs, forcing whoever starts as our MLB to the sideline on passing downs and combined with the Captain, improving our third down Pass D immensely!

Those 3 thirds we'd have at that point would add up to 561 points on the chart, or one point more than Washington's 2nd pick of the 2nd round, a trade that they'd most likely jump on given their depth of needs and lack of picks due to prior trades, but most importantly, putting us ahead of all the other QB needy teams who waited to fill that hole!?

Sounds good, no? SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    Maybe. Have you mocked/seen first round mocks that show where all the 1st round LTs are projected to go? Depending on who the Rams might be targeting, they can probably wait until their pick at #13 and get one of them (Mathews/Robinson/Lewan/Martin). Not sure if all these guys project as LTs, but I suspect they do since most teams won't draft a RT in the top half of the 1st.

I also question whether the Redskins would want to make that deal as they have their full complement of draft picks except the 1st.

Not sure how far Mosely could fall based on his injury history, but if we were to trade down, I'd probably prefer it be far enough that we could snag an extra 2nd round pick. IMO, we need a OLB more than a MLB (given we have Cole, Mauti, and Brinkley). I've read Mosely can play outside, but we could also target Shazier or Van Noy to fill that spot. Or go after Zack Martin and have him play LG. We could still get our QB at #40 (even if we had to trade our late 3rd to move up a couple of spots). And if we were lucky, get S Buchanon with that extra 2nd we picked up. You could mix up those spots somewhat too, depending on who you are targeting...Van Noy might still be there at #40, or you could take the QB of the future at the dropped 1st round pick (assuming you stay ahead of CLE at #26), or with the late 2nd maybe if you are willing to take the 5th - 7th QB off the board, and Buchanon or OG Sua-Filo would probably be there at #40.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Maybe. Have you mocked/seen first round mocks that show where all the 1st round LTs are projected to go? Depending on who the Rams might be targeting, they can probably wait until their pick at #13 and get one of them (Mathews/Robinson/Lewan/Martin). Not sure if all these guys project as LTs, but I suspect they do since most teams won't draft a RT in the top half of the 1st.

I also question whether the Redskins would want to make that deal as they have their full complement of draft picks except the 1st.

Not sure how far Mosely could fall based on his injury history, but if we were to trade down, I'd probably prefer it be far enough that we could snag an extra 2nd round pick. IMO, we need a OLB more than a MLB (given we have Cole, Mauti, and Brinkley). I've read Mosely can play outside, but we could also target Shazier or Van Noy to fill that spot. Or go after Zack Martin and have him play LG. We could still get our QB at #40 (even if we had to trade our late 3rd to move up a couple of spots). And if we were lucky, get S Buchanon with that extra 2nd we picked up. You could mix up those spots somewhat too, depending on who you are targeting...Van Noy might still be there at #40, or you could take the QB of the future at the dropped 1st round pick (assuming you stay ahead of CLE at #26), or with the late 2nd maybe if you are willing to take the 5th - 7th QB off the board, and Buchanon or OG Sua-Filo would probably be there at #40.
    The thing is, is that these mocks are usually quite off before very many actual picks go down into the real deal...I'm trying to read between the lines and guess how the 'experts' might be off.

The first thing I think is that the big body, 300 pound plus athletes who can move are rare, and most drafts, there's a few of them that are picked earlier than expected because of it and the ongoing need to have those guys. Generally speaking, I'm thinking the demand vs. the talent drop off at LT will drive their value up at the last minute. And possibly at DT/DE too...

Secondly, while most online 'big boards' have 3 QBs ranked as top ten or fifteen prospects, that just isn't how people are talking about these QBs. Most comments talk about all of them being projects and having flaws and question marks...my gut feeling is growing that we will not see more than 2 QBs go in the top ten, and maybe only one.

And that there may be some pissed off posters around here if we let some of them slide by...

Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123