Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Mixon gets 30 days

Let's hope he has decided to get help with his problem. Until then it will happen again and again. And his time in the NFL will be short. He will have to decide what is more important to him. Drinking or the NFL? Let's hope the NFL !
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Mixon gets 30 days

It was a 365 day sentence. He'll spend 30 days in jail, and 60 days of home monitoring. During those 60 days, he has to breathe into a machine that can detect alcohol three times a day. the other 275 days were stayed. However, he's on 4 years probation, and if he violates his probation at any time, he'll have to serve the rest of the sentence. He also has to pay $4000 in fines and donations, and has to perform 216 hours of community service. He is eligible for a work release program that would allow him to take part in the Vikings' strength and conditioning program. It was also reported, by Vinkgupdate.com, that he may be able to pay a $500,000 fine to the NFL in order to avoid the probable 4 game suspension.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBqdmdqbzAxBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwNs dG4-?slug=knight-mixonssentenceforduiinclu&prov=knight&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBqdmdqbzAxBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwNs dG4-?slug=citadel-2_248474_63&prov=citadel&type=story

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Mixon gets 30 days

Just goes to show you. In our court system if you have enough money you can get off or off light. Anyone else would be sitting the year. SAD BUT TRUE ! WHAT DO YOU THINK THE ODDS ARE HE WILL STAY CLEAN FOR 4 YEARS?
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

bennett23 is offline Waterboy

Mixon gets 30 days

Mixon and ogunleye have the same agent, maybe they can swap and us give up a couple late picks but thats just pipe dreaming.[Beer]
    Million

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Mixon gets 30 days

Just curious, do you think kenny is all that good??? Sure he is a starter and supposidly a good run stopper but dont have many sacks at all. He really reminds me of Lorenzo Bromell.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Mixon gets 30 days

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just curious, do you think kenny is all that good??? Sure he is a starter and supposidly a good run stopper but dont have many sacks at all. He really reminds me of Lorenzo Bromell.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I definitely think he is that good. Nobody expects Mixon to get sacks, he's there to stop the run. Personally I think the best combination is a run stuffer on one side, and a pure pass rusher on the other, and we could have that after the draft.

jmiller1 is offline Rookie

Mixon gets 30 days

I think we should trade him for o-gun and our 2 or 3 pick he won't be playing for us next year no matter what they will release him.every one nos he will so i say trade him for o-gun or a 1st or 2nd round pick

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Mixon gets 30 days

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Claiborne55

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just curious, do you think kenny is all that good??? Sure he is a starter and supposidly a good run stopper but dont have many sacks at all. He really reminds me of Lorenzo Bromell.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I definitely think he is that good. Nobody expects Mixon to get sacks, he's there to stop the run. Personally I think the best combination is a run stuffer on one side, and a pure pass rusher on the other, and we could have that after the draft.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I really disagree. All of your ends have to be able to stop the run one way or another. It you do it like you said with a run stuffer on one side and a pure pass rusher on the other, they will always run towards the pass rusher. Much like Julius Peppers got run over every game in the playoffs. That being said, Mixon is much better than Brommell, but he is still average. He makes plays form time to time, doesn't get alot of sacks but good against the run.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Mixon gets 30 days

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jmiller1

I think we should trade him for o-gun and our 2 or 3 pick he won't be playing for us next year no matter what they will release him.every one nos he will so i say trade him for o-gun or a 1st or 2nd round pick

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Miller do you snort sawdust or something? Not only would Miami NEVER trade mixon for OG (I think that is what you were sayong), even if he didn't have this legal trouble. No one would trade a first or second for him, even if he didn't have this extra baggage. I am pretty sure we couldn't get anything for him even if we decided to trade him.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Mixon gets 30 days

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Claiborne55

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just curious, do you think kenny is all that good??? Sure he is a starter and supposidly a good run stopper but dont have many sacks at all. He really reminds me of Lorenzo Bromell.

I really disagree. All of your ends have to be able to stop the run one way or another. It you do it like you said with a run stuffer on one side and a pure pass rusher on the other, they will always run towards the pass rusher. Much like Julius Peppers got run over every game in the playoffs. That being said, Mixon is much better than Brommell, but he is still average. He makes plays form time to time, doesn't get alot of sacks but good against the run.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When I say pure pass rusher, I don't mean a player who can't play the run at all, like Johnstone. I'm thinking more of a Kearse or Rice kind of player. There main skill is as pass rushers, but they can at least occupy the tackle and let the LB make the tackle. Obviously in an ideal world you would have two ends who can rush the passer and stuff the run, I just don't see us having that this season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast