Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly
    By Eric Krupka
    http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/08/vikings-baskett-trade230806.html

    From college standout to undrafted free agent, and Minnesota Viking to Philadelphia Eagle, the legend of wide receiver Hank Baskett seems to grow with each passing day.

    As a senior in college, Baskett had 67 receptions for 1,071 yards and nine touchdowns, propelling him up the ranks of the top NCAA receivers. Prior to April's NFL draft, the New Mexico product found himself near the top of draft guru Mel Kiper's receiving prospects. However, during the two-day extravaganza, all 32 teams passed on Baskett.

    Although undrafted, many teams showed interest in signing the 6-foot-4, 220-pounder. Eventually he agreed to a free-agent deal with the Minnesota Vikings .
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    I don't know if there is anyone on the board that understood that move, even before K-Rob folded.

  3. #3
    vike_mike's Avatar
    vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    474

    Re: Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    Because Childress is partial to McMullen.

  4. #4
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    "vike_mike" wrote:
    Because Childress is partial to McMullen.
    The answer is right in front of my face.
    I still don't understand the move, I can rationalize the other offseason moves, but have a tougher time with this one.

  5. #5
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    The fact is that Baskett would NOT have passed TWill, TTay or MRob and quite possibly wouldn't have beaten out Chris Jones, Ryan Hoag or even Billy McMullen.
    All we do know is that Baskett IS better than anyone that the Iggles can put on the field...given the past history of the Iggles receiving corps (minus T-HO), that ain't saying much.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #6
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    Baskett may turn out to be a great receiver in the NFL then again he may not, lets see a few years from now where he is at!

    How many times have you seen a player look great in preseason and never do anything in the regular season?
    Lets see what he does in a real game with starting CB's and Safeties trying to knock his head off before people induct him into the HOF!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The fact is that Baskett would NOT have passed TWill, TTay or MRob and quite possibly wouldn't have beaten out Chris Jones, Ryan Hoag or even Billy McMullen.
    All we do know is that Baskett IS better than anyone that the Iggles can put on the field...given the past history of the Iggles receiving corps (minus T-HO), that ain't saying much.
    McMullen couldn't break that lineup of lousy Eagles receivers in 2 seasons.
    Baskett has ascended to a starting role in one pre-season.
    Seems like a dumbass trade to me.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Baskett may turn out to be a great receiver in the NFL then again he may not, lets see a few years from now where he is at!

    How many times have you seen a player look great in preseason and never do anything in the regular season?
    Lets see what he does in a real game with starting CB's and Safeties trying to knock his head off before people induct him into the HOF!
    Ryan Leaf. He was pretty good in both right??
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  9. #9
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    I said it before and I'll say it again. It was a dumb trade for one main reason: Hank Baskett is better than Billy McMullen.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #10
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Minnesota's Baskett trade proving costly

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The fact is that Baskett would NOT have passed TWill, TTay or MRob and quite possibly wouldn't have beaten out Chris Jones, Ryan Hoag or even Billy McMullen.
    All we do know is that Baskett IS better than anyone that the Iggles can put on the field...given the past history of the Iggles receiving corps (minus T-HO), that ain't saying much.
    McMullen couldn't break that lineup of lousy Eagles receivers in 2 seasons.
    Baskett has ascended to a starting role in one pre-season.
    Seems like a dumbass trade to me.

    =Z=
    Minor issue IMHO...we got much bigger fish to fry!

    A better move would have been to trade for Donnie Edwards...now HE IS a proven star!!!
    Baskett is only a POTENTIAL one!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings - Proving Time?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 11:38 AM
  2. Robison Keeps Proving Himself
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 06:30 PM
  3. Star QBs proving to be quick healers
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 04:08 AM
  4. Baskett, McMullen trade
    By vike_mike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
  5. Jackson proving a model student
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 10:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •