Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I suspect we will have more issues with vertical teams like the Lions. However, if the Vikings offense can stay as efficient as last week and get out to a good start, it will put more pressure on the Lions to make plays that hopefully lead into a few turnovers.

The Vikings style of play is far from sexy, but it is sound, if the players come ready to play and don't have a bunch of miscues. The more physical the better.
    I loved how the S's were allowed to stay deep in their zones for the most part. Allowed them to fly to the ball and time their hits.

Jasper also had a great game pretty much for the same reason.

I need to go dig up that "C2 needs to go" thread. We pretty much nullified one of the more prolific passing attacks without a "Shut Down/Man to Man" DB on the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I loved how the S's were allowed to stay deep in their zones for the most part. Allowed them to fly to the ball and time their hits.

Jasper also had a great game pretty much for the same reason.

I need to go dig up that "C2 needs to go" thread. We pretty much nullified one of the more prolific passing attacks without a "Shut Down/Man to Man" DB on the field.
    I think the primary key to the last two weeks performance is the level of physical play across the entire team. This includes Harrison and Sanford this week. Don't tell me Calvin didn't drop a couple balls late in the game because of how he got pummeled earlier in the game. Starting to remind me of Vikings football the way I grew to know it.

Jasper is playing well, his coverage is very average, but I really like his physical play against the run, filling gaps, applying pressure,...

Harrison has been a great addition to a very weak position on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think the primary key to the last two weeks performance is the level of physical play across the entire team. This includes Harrison and Sanford this week. Don't tell me Calvin didn't drop a couple balls late in the game because of how he got pummeled earlier in the game. Starting to remind me of Vikings football the way I grew to know it.

Jasper is playing well, his coverage is very average, but I really like his physical play against the run, filling gaps, applying pressure,...

Harrison has been a great addition to a very weak position on this team.
    Made me think of Joey Browner.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Did you know Joey's son Brandon plays for the Seahawks? He's the one that laid out Jennings with the cheapshot last week.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Did you know Joey's son Brandon plays for the Seahawks? He's the one that laid out Jennings with the cheapshot last week.
    Have you noticed how much I follow the Seahawks of late. JK, Joey's nephew if memory servers......I wanted us to draft him in 2005 with a late round pick but it never happened. He's also been in the building a few years ago trying out with no result.

Just goes to show that some kids take a bit of time to come around. That and the right coaching staff to help them come around my friend.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I'm picturing a tear of joy in your eye while you were typing that post.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 10-02-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Aggressive play is the name of the game ... the mention of Joey Browner in this thread brought a tear to my eye ... loved the way he played ... we've got some guys hitting ... and guess what we're beating some folks ... it's nice to see us get back to our roots and hit some people ...

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I told my grandson (and everyone else who was listening) all about my favorite player of all time. Course he was sleeping and I think they ignored me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123