Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Minnesota Vikings: Why the Franchise Is Set Up to Be NFL's Next Big Thing-Caution BR

On Sunday the Minnesota Vikings did something the high-powered offense of the Detroit Lions and the 2011 Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers could not do.
    They knocked off the San Francisco 49ers 24-13 in the biggest upset of the 2012 NFL campaign.
    The 49ers didnít lose that game. The Vikings outplayed the 49ers from the opening drive.
    Minnesota Vikings: Why the Franchise Is Set Up to Be NFL's Next Big Thing | Bleacher Report
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Other notable quotes....

the entire Minnesota offense is that the unitís offensive line is also progressing. Itís allowed five sacks in three games, which is phenomenal compared to the eight sacks Green Bay has allowed on Aaron Rodgers in two games. Every member of the offensive line is under 29 years old, and given that this isĖfor the most partóa completely revamped offensive line (only two starters from 2011 returned at the same position in 2012), better things should be on the horizon as the unit gels.
    Harrison Smith, one of two first round picks by the Vikings in the 2012 draft, is an intelligent safety who puts himself in positions to succeed. Smith, 23, isnít afraid to knock the opposition in the jaw at anytime. Heís a ball-hawk with 21 tackles on the season (7.0 per game).
    I read another article today that also mentions our standings (defensively). I would like to caution those that would put up our standings as a discussion point to get me to admit how good our defense has been, to be careful as I'm ready to put up stats for the RB's and all 3 QB's for each of the 3 teams we've faced. Even the vaunted 9rs had a QB everyone was ready to get rid of prior to last year and some of the 9r fans still wanted him gone before the beginning of this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Progress is always a good thing and I am glad the team is showing potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Progress is always a good thing and I am glad the team is showing potential.
    One has to remember though, because we are so young across the board (as we were in 06 and 07), you will see alot of inconsistency, especially if the coaches don't do their part to get them ready.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Thanks for the link, that is one of the best BR articles I've seen...or am I just happy with what he's saying!?

Still, good read, and pretty much how I felt after last week's game. Sure, maintaining a winning record with this team isn't likely, but, there is a lot of potential coming together, that is young, and should be around for a good long while! It feels like maybe, we are taking the Patriot way, and building correctly for the future...

Especially the DBs...4 of 5 of our starting secondary have less than a full 16 games experience, and there will be collapses, but, they should improve as the year(s) roll by, and set us up for a promising future.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Vikings at Lions

MDSís take: Another fascinating divisional game, as the Vikings have a real opportunity here to establish themselves as surprising contenders in the NFC North. However, I see far too many matchup advantages for the Lionsí receivers against the Vikingsí secondary. Not just Calvin Johnson (who has a matchup advantage over every defensive back in the league) but also receivers Nate Burleson and Titus Young and tight end Brandon Pettigrew should be able to get open and get points on the board in Detroit.

MDSís pick: Lions 28, Vikings 24.

Florioís take: The Lions have won three straight in the series, but the Vikings are gaining confidence, The Lions continue to be more flawed than anyone realized. Receiver Jerome Simpson returns from suspension in time to help the Vikings take advantage of Detroitís biggest weakness.

Florioís pick: Vikings 24, Lions 16.
    We might have a shoot-out on our hands this Sunday, and I can't wait for the fireworks to begin!!!

BAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Point to consider-

This is only week 4.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Anyone checked to see how many passes we completed past 15 yards?
    The point of the matter is, teams will soon realize that we can't throw deep and will begin playing tighter. 1 win and we are ready to believe that all the ails of this team are gone. Anyone remember the Colts game. We lost to the damn Colts. Sorry but this team just isn't very good. I expect to see some broken hearted posters soon.

Be cautious with Jerome Simpson mania - NFC North Blog - ESPN

4 passes past 20, 1 completed average is 12.
    0 longer than 31.
    Lost yards per attempt in the league.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 09-27-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Anyone checked to see how many passes we completed past 15 yards?
    The point of the matter is, teams will soon realize that we can't throw deep and will begin playing tighter. 1 win and we are ready to believe that all the ails of this team are gone. Anyone remember the Colts game. We lost to the damn Colts. Sorry but this team just isn't very good. I expect to see some broken hearted posters soon.

Be cautious with Jerome Simpson mania - NFC North Blog - ESPN

4 passes past 20, 1 completed average is 12.
    0 longer than 31.
    Lost yards per attempt in the league.
    I don't know if this is necessarily saying they're the next big thing *this year.* No one, at least in this thread, is overhyping the team. The author even says the team is young and will be inconsistent, so I'm not sure where the entire basis of your post is coming from.

There's still Simpson to watch, if he doesn't play out, we can add a deep threat in the off season. I think the whole point of was this was to say the Vikings appear to have a pretty solid nucleus and if they can play to their potential and with the confidence they did against San Francisco, they can compete with anybody.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 09-28-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Thanks for the link, that is one of the best BR articles I've seen...or am I just happy with what he's saying!?

Still, good read, and pretty much how I felt after last week's game. Sure, maintaining a winning record with this team isn't likely, but, there is a lot of potential coming together, that is young, and should be around for a good long while! It feels like maybe, we are taking the Patriot way, and building correctly for the future...

Especially the DBs...4 of 5 of our starting secondary have less than a full 16 games experience, and there will be collapses, but, they should improve as the year(s) roll by, and set us up for a promising future.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!
    We are giving up just a bit over 200 yards passing this year with those youngsters and thats not as bad as some on here contend.

Get a bit more support from our front 4 on their end and I think we could be even better.

(On side note: you have to take into acct the QB's they've faced as well, two rooks and a game manager)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast