Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Minnesota Vikings: Top 10 Prospects

In this series, an NFL prospect is classified as a player entering their third year in the NFL or under 25 years of age.
    Kindof goes against the grain of the "Win Now/Produce Now" crowd.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Minnesota Vikings: Top 10 Prospects

Marrdro wrote:
    In this series, an NFL prospect is classified as a player entering their third year in the NFL or under 25 years of age.
    Not really. The UFA cutoff occurs at year 4, that's the time frame a player has to produce. Of course, that all goes out the window if someone better comes along.

But that list was sort of a "Duh" list, wasn't it? Hmmm...everyone we drafted is a "prospect"? Who'd a thunk it?

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Not really. The UFA cutoff occurs at year 4, that's the time frame a player has to produce. Of course, that all goes out the window if someone better comes along.

But that list was sort of a "Duh" list, wasn't it? Hmmm...everyone we drafted is a "prospect"? Who'd a thunk it?

Caine
    Duh, probably. I still like the youth on this team. Gonna be fun to watch a few on that list get to year 3 or 4.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

My boy Sanford on there

Hell yah good list.. I like the youth we have.. Hope they all pan out

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

The people I'm most excited to see play are Cook, Gerhart, and Sanford/Johnson. And clausen. I swear to god if clausen becomes a SB winning QB i'm going to kill myself. well maybe not actual suicide, but I'll go over it in my mind many many times, of course chilly boy will be first in my fantasy. Jimmy Clausen... that just sounds like a HOF name.

This just seems like a dumb list IMHO. They just listed all of our young players, not that impressive. Obviously they're all prospects.

I really hope our safeties can pan out. If sanford and johnson can both really step it up, I would like to see them as our starting safeties. If sanford is good enough, and can become the leader of our defense, I would love to see the secondary's name as Sanford and sons. Of course, only if we are good enough to warrant a name back there.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Caine
    Duh, probably. I still like the youth on this team. Gonna be fun to watch a few on that list get to year 3 or 4.
    Yes it will. I was just sitting here thinking of that as I reflected on the emergence of guys like Greg Blue, Aundre Allison, Jaymar Johnson and Rufus Alexander. If these young guys can attain that ststus we are set.

ForceOfNorse is offline Starter

God! ( as Paul Allen, the Vikings Vox, says)...........

Here I go again!
    I don't necessarily like, or agree with alot of Chilly's calls, or gameplans, sometimes, but............................ The man can definitely judge talent!!!! Of course, Studwell and his team has much to do with it!