Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Minnesota Vikings Stadium Update From Zygi Wilf (via Minnesota Momentum)

Got this email today... Not too much new information, but thought I would pass it on anyway.
    BTW, if you aren't a member of Minnesota Momentum you should really check it out.

With the majority of the Minnesota Vikings roster - including impact free agents WR Bernard Berrian, RB/special teams standout Maurice Hicks, FB Thomas Tapeh and S Madieu Williams - returning to Winter Park for voluntary offseason workouts this week, the anticipation of the upcoming 2008 NFL season continues to grow for the team and our fans. This organization is committed to bringing a Super Bowl championship to the state of Minnesota, and we believe the foundation for long-term success is being put in place.

As excited as we are about the potential of our team on the field, we are also confident about our efforts to secure a future home for the Vikings in Minnesota. In the past you have shown your support for the Vikings’ new stadium plans by joining the grassroots coalition, Minnesota Momentum. Because of your help, Minnesota Momentum’s impact was immediate in 2006, as the coalition recruited thousands of Vikings and NFL fans. Now with our new plans for a Minneapolis stadium taking shape, it is time for us to ask for your help once again.

Stadium Development Proposal
    Working in partnership with the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission (MSFC), the public body that owns the Metrodome, the Vikings are continuing to move forward on a public-private partnership that will open a new stadium on the Metrodome site in the year 2012.

The current stadium proposal includes three critical elements that go beyond hosting Vikings home games:

* A retractable-roof stadium that will give Minnesotans a state-of-the-art venue that can be used year-round for amateur sports, trade shows, community and cultural events as well as national and international happenings.

* A Winter Garden light rail train station that will serve as a connecting point for the future Central Corridor light rail line and the existing Hiawatha line.

* A privately financed redevelopment of the entire Downtown East area that will include office buildings, residences, shops and restaurants that will create jobs and boost the economy.
    This exciting project will bring a renewed energy to the Downtown East area of Minneapolis.

We are committed to investing in this community and this team and we believe each of these pieces, in conjunction with the others, will be a significant asset to the Twin Cities, state and region.

Legislative Update
    Given the feedback we have received from state leaders, it is clear a stadium decision will not be reached this year. Nonetheless, with rising construction costs and the team’s Metrodome lease set to expire after the 2011 season, we are determined to stay on a 2012 timeline to open the new stadium. Financing a stadium in the spring of 2009 keeps us on that 2012 timeline and prevents considerable cost inflation.

Last December, state leaders told NFL executives visiting Minnesota that 2009 is the year to resolve this issue. While we remain positive about a future home in Minnesota for the Vikings, much work remains between now and the 2009 Legislative Session. We need your help. If you are still committed to this cause, please help us by communicating with your State Representative, State Senator and the Governor this summer and fall about the need to resolve the Vikings’ stadium issue in 2009.

Also, please take a few minutes to refer a friend. If you would like more information on the Vikings’ stadium efforts and what being a member of Minnesota Momentum includes, please visit www.minnesotamomentum.com.

Thank you for your continued support and passion for the Minnesota Vikings!

Sincerely,

Zygi Wilf
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Minnesota Vikings Stadium Update From Zygi Wilf (via Minnesota Momentum)

Also, please take a few minutes to refer a friend. If you would like more information on the Vikings’ stadium efforts and what being a member of Minnesota Momentum includes, please visit www.minnesotam omentum.com.
    Is this your attempt at referring a friend?
    ;D

JK, a very interesting read NP. Thanks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Also, please take a few minutes to refer a friend. If you would like more information on the Vikings’ stadium efforts and what being a member of Minnesota Momentum includes, please visit www.minnesotam omentum.com.
    ;D

Yup.
    You don't have to live in state to be a member.
    BTW, it is chaired by none other that Coach Bud Grant.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Yup.
    You don't have to live in state to be a member.
    BTW, it is chaired by none other that Coach Bud Grant.
    Wow, I thought this one would get a few more responses.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Only response I can think of is..............

Metrodome lease
    Money
    State Reps

Three main issues above.

Problems are these, the longer they wait, the more expensive this project gets.
    Steel is going up, not like you can make the stadium out of recycled cardboard.
    If they would have put something in place to raise money a few years ago, they would have an idea for how it would be paid for.
    The cost over the time it has taken them to get to the vote to build would have been so minimal to the people of MN.
    Buck up and get something in place and fund the concept of a new stadium.
    I haven't been following this for awhile, actually lost interest.
    Do they have an idea of how to fund this?

Jobs created would be good for the economy. At least we got something to look forward to in 2112.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:

Metrodome lease
    Money
    State Reps

Three main issues above.

If they would have put something in place to raise money a few years ago, they would have an idea for how it would be paid for.
    The cost over the time it has taken them to get to the vote to build would have been so minimal to the people of MN.

Jobs created would be good for the economy. At least we got something to look forward to in 2112.

You forgot the new bridge.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Metrodome lease
    Money
    State Reps

Three main issues above.

To look forward to or to fund?

Still, they should have been funding the stadium already.

Yes, the bridge is of the utmost importance, I agree.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:

you sure about this date SIA ?
    or is that the date when Webby finally ditches the vest
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Metrodome lease
    Money
    State Reps

Three main issues above.

Doesn't MN have a gas tax that fund road infrastructure upgrades?
    If they do, what happened to all that money?
    Bet it all didn't go into the roads.

They sure sucked when I was home last year and my family is always beeeyyyyatching about how bad they are.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Metrodome lease
    Money
    State Reps

Three main issues above.

Doesn't MN have a gas tax that fund road infrastructure upgrades?
    If they do, what happened to all that money?
    Bet it all didn't go into the roads.

They sure sucked when I was home last year and my family is always beeeyyyyatching about how bad they are.
    Naw, they do that thru increased cigarette taxes.
    :P

The less people smoke due to the bans, the more they raise the taxes. It's around a $3.00 increase over the past few years.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast