Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The Minnesota Vikings' Relatively Awful History At The Quarterback Position

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/10/26/2516647/the-minnesota-vikings-relatively-awful-history-at-the-quarterback

As ESPN's Kevin Seifert points out, in the Vikings' entire existence, they have only had three quarterbacks that have been the team's primary starter for more than three seasons. Fran Tarkenton was the Vikings' primary starter for thirteen seasons covering two different stints with the team (1961-1966 and 1972-1978). Tommy Kramer was then the primary starter from 1979 to 1986, a seven-season span. The only other quarterback in Vikings' history to be considered the team's primary starter for more than three seasons was Daunte Culpepper, who held the reigns for five seasons from 2000 to 2004.
    I like this:

you can see why Viking fans might be getting a little excited at the idea of having a guy behind center that could actually be a starter for the long-term.
    That one remains to be seen. I still believe when Indy feels they are done with Manning that we will still have a big call from the rubes to bring him in no matter how out of whack his neck is.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The Minnesota Vikings' Relatively Awful History At The Quarterback Position - Daily Norseman I like this:

That one remains to be seen. I still believe when Indy feels they are done with Manning that we will still have a big call from the rubes to bring him in no matter how out of whack his neck is.
    Manning is probably done right now with Indy closing in on Andrew Luck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Manning is probably done right now with Indy closing in on Andrew Luck.
    Could be but I don't count Miami out of the running yet.

Actually though you should look at the kid from San Diego St.

I'm going to laugh my arse off if Luck turns into a bust.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    I'm going to laugh my arse off if Luck turns into a bust.
    With our luck, I see that happening only if we draft him.

My opinion is that Indy will have a great franchise QB in Luck to start after Peyton is done, just like GB was fortunate enough to get.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    I am part of PonderNation now...McScrub is benched, Indy sucks worse than the Vikes, as does Miami.
    I do find it somewhat ironic that Ponder wears #7

Let's give the kid a chance...as I was on Draft Day, I am cautiously optimistic that we got a good one.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Here are a couple of quick thoughts:

I like Ponder and spark he brought the team. Our offense looked better with the limited Playbook than it does with McNabb and the whole Playbook.

I think that 13/32 for 216 and 2TD's was good. The 2 INT's were due to 1) ball coming out late on the out route and Woodson made an unbelievable drive on the ball, and 2) I think Woodson ran under the flat route after acting like he had been beat. Again a good veteran play against a rookie.

I think the only way we go QB in this draft is if we see Ponder isnt the guy and we can be assured of one of the top 2 to come out this year: Luck, or Barkley. Either way I dont think we get either of them. I like the idea of using this draft to address some issues we have neglected for some time. OL, S, and a Playmaker on the outside for Ponder to grow with.

Anyone else think he kinda looks like Two Beer Tommy??? I do.

Blog Entries
    Kinda reminded me of Gannon when he was a rookie. Until he hurt his knee early on I still believe he would have ended up being a great QB for a long time for us.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Gannon did turn out to be pretty good at the end, for the Chiefs and Raiders, but it took him quite a few years to get to that point.

Ponder is a bit more athletic, but they seem to have the same kind of awareness and smarts.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Blog Entries
    Gannon ran like a 4.45 40 and they are similar in height. Ponder is a bit heavier.

One way or the othr it is so nice to have a QB that doesn't have an AARP card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast