Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minnesota Vikings New Stadium Discussion

Yah I dont understand it either.. And although Surtain wasn't a FA.. He said he would never play in GB or MN because of the cold.. But we don't have an outdoor stadium so that wasn't about playing in cold

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    free agents find an indoor field far more attractive than outdoors..plus a couple guys have said it flat out that they prefer playing indoors..the noise in the dome is enough of an advantage as it is..if we build a new place, it should be indoors, and loud as hell
    I do not totally agree with that. How do you know that free agents prefer indoors?

Alot of FA's said they don't like playing in the cold.. Like Plax.. I'm not sure if he means just being in a cold place like MN or GB.. Or actually playing in an outdoor stadium though
    Cold was not specified in the post. If a guy wants to play for a team that can contend, they will play outdoors in the cold. The are football players for crying out loud; not tennis players!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

my oh my how the football mentality has changed in these players

SamDawg84 Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    free agents find an indoor field far more attractive than outdoors..plus a couple guys have said it flat out that they prefer playing indoors..the noise in the dome is enough of an advantage as it is..if we build a new place, it should be indoors, and loud as hell
    I do not totally agree with that. How do you know that free agents prefer indoors?

Alot of FA's said they don't like playing in the cold.. Like Plax.. I'm not sure if he means just being in a cold place like MN or GB.. Or actually playing in an outdoor stadium though
    Cold was not specified in the post. If a guy wants to play for a team that can contend, they will play outdoors in the cold. The are football players for crying out loud; not tennis players!

Not nessisarily.. Most of them don't really care and will play in the cold.. But there were quite a few FA's this year that didn't wanna play in the cold.. And Surtain said he would wanna be traded to any team besides the Vikes and the Pack.. But most of it is over contract issues.. A few can't or won't play in the cold unless its an away game and is nessisary to play.. But yah i do understand that cold wasn't in the post I was just adding in my 2 cents on why a indoor field is better

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

If they can't hack playing in the cold; we don't want them. They are soft and will shrivel-up in Green Bay and Chicago.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Wilf's latest talk on the new stadium

taken from Sid Hartman at www.startribue.com

Coming off a vacation in Colorado, Wilf will be in town this week and plans to spend a lot of time here with the season approaching.

Wilf will continue to discuss stadium issues, primarily the Anoka County site. He is interested in building a complex around the stadium, which would include a facility that would allow the training camp to be in Blaine instead of Mankato.

"Depending on the acreage that is involved, of course there will be the stadium," he said. "We'll also have, hopefully, a Hall of Fame walk for the Vikings, a shopping facility and housing. It all depends, of course, on how much land will be made available to us, in our attempt to make this a world-class venue for both sports and for an entertainment venue."

Wilf still favors an open-air stadium but has ideas about how to satisfy fans who don't.

"Since I announced that idea, several weeks or months ago, I got some feedback from many people," he said. "Many people are enthused about an open-air venue. Again, much of the football season takes place in the months of September, October and November, and it's a very nice time of the season to enjoy football.

"We would still certainly look at the open-air venue being in a closed environment. Certainly the suites or certain seats will be available in closed environment. We're going to try and reach out and be able to satisfy everyone's demands."

Wilf is committed to building the finest stadium in the NFL.

"That's exactly what we're looking for," he said. "Right now, we're in the process of meeting with several planners, but more important, during the season as I have a chance to visit the different venues we visit on our away games, I'll have chances to spend time with the owners of those teams and with the people of the stadium authorities there and review what they've done and see what's the best.

"We're lucky that at the end of the cycle of stadiums, we're able to go ahead and pick and choose from the best of all of them so we can deliver, like I state always, the best world-class venue that the Twin Cities can have."

Wilf said he is very happy with the current Vikings staff at Winter Park and doesn't plan any changes.

Besides if he builds a new complex he can also make a ton of money selling the valuable real estate they already have in Eden Prairie which is worth a lot.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345