Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Minnesota Vikings New Stadium Discussion

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    I'm not sure if I could get used to the Vikes playin on grass. Whatever keeps the Vikes in Minny though :grin:

(unless they want to move the Vikes to Alaska) :lol:
    If it takes them playing on broken glass to stay, I will provide the glass! :lol:

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

all i have to say is i hope they will get that darn stadium and stay...zygi already said he won't move them and i hope not...cause a move of the vikes would be diheartening to me, vikes fans, and the minneapolis community

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

wats the point of the retractable field in the bottom pic in the Cards stadium?

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    I'm not sure if I could get used to the Vikes playin on grass. Whatever keeps the Vikes in Minny though :grin:

(unless they want to move the Vikes to Alaska) :lol:
    If it takes them playing on broken glass to stay, I will provide the glass! :lol:
    I will switch from drinking cans of beer to bottles if that helps.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

does anyone know the point of the retractable field?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"magicci" wrote:
    In minnesota I do wonder. The main argument I'm used to hearing for an open air stadium, is a return to the "old days" where the cold provided an advantage vs visiting teams (what other motivation is there for an open air stadium in this era of super stadiums?). The main benifift of having a dome is obviously, you'll get more fans and they will be more comforatable. Not to mention weather will never determine the outcome of a game (good or bad).

If you want a retractable roof stadium, I assume you'll leave the roof open in nice weather, but if you close it in bad weather are you not taking away from your "Northern Advantage"? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to get a retractable roof unless you guys really like sun on nice days, and is that really worth the price?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

bryonfos is offline Starter

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I would like to see a stadium with a retractable roof and a natural grass surface. It will cut down on the injuries although not be as fast and the problems are, the Vikes are built for speed right now. But then in four years when a stadium would be finished, they can redirect their draft after winning the Super Bowl this year.
    I agree with having an open air stadium.

But not real grass. We should get the new Field Turf.

This stuff is great, Ive had the opportunity to play on it a few times, its made of something, and chopped up rubber, like really finely cut, its almost like sand, except rubber. It causes less injuries than grass, doesnt burn you when you slide, and costs very little to maintain.

The Metrodome had field turf installed almost two years ago. The Vikes played on it for the 1st time last season, however the Twins are in their 2nd season on the new surface.
    The only thing worse than a Packer is a Cowboy

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikes" wrote:
    Minnesota will get a new stadium. Hopefully it will be a retractable roof and field.

AZCARD Stadium
    yo I don't know if it's alreadt been said but the cards new stadium looks like one of those jiffy popcorn bags that you po on the oventop
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

The problem with the stadium talk is there is no way we will get a stadium in this state. I think it is scary but i can see the twins and vikings leaving because some people in this state think there is something wrong with investment. Look at our highways, k-12, and higher ed. We won't put money into these important aspects of our state all we want to do is complain about taxes. Move somewhere else where the standard of living hasn't been set at high standards if you don't want to pay taxes. We are a high taxed state, and we have been for quite some time now, if you don't like move. I want 3 new stadiums and i do think the state has to invest into theses stadiums, 1/3 on all 3. Yeah it cost money, but in return you are set to make more...the state paid for part of the metrodump, and has seen a higher return compaired to the amount they put in. I think at one point i read the metrodump has pulled in close to $1 billion in revenue to the state since it was built. You won't get that anywhere else. If you do live in MN and don't want to pay a little more taxes, move to mississippi and see how great it is to live in a state with low taxes...I bet you'll love it.
    You republican whore!

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"magicci" wrote:
    it serves the same purpose of a convertible car but in MN I would think that it would be hard to open and close when it gets cold with the atomic winters there
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast