Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Minnesota Vikings New Stadium Discussion

[b]
    Ok so the Vikings want a new stadium, and so does Ziggy. Lets come together and try to sort out the rumors from the truth about the new stadium sites, stadium structure, and financing.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Minnesota Vikings New Stadium Discussion

Can Ziggy get this done...? I'd rather see an openair stadium instead of the germ-filled Metrodome, plus open airs are not as expensive. Financing shouldn't be a problem for an owner like Ziggy since he is a man of real estate. But of course, our Minnesota government doing a good job of not producing on Vikings stadium needs...who keeps this town going anyways...the Vikes or the Twins...not that I have a problem with the twins

Del Rio Guest

All I know is I doubt it will happen unless the people of Minnesota want to fork out some cash. And if it doesn happen I want an indoor stadium. It has been debated a bit on here, and neither one show an outstanding advantage, I think it all comes down to personal preference.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I would like to see a stadium with a retractable roof and a natural grass surface. It will cut down on the injuries although not be as fast and the problems are, the Vikes are built for speed right now. But then in four years when a stadium would be finished, they can redirect their draft after winning the Super Bowl this year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Minnesota will get a new stadium. Hopefully it will be a retractable roof and field.

AZCARD Stadium

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The Yankees are paying for their new stadium 100% themselves...the city only has to fork over infrastructure money (subway stop, roads, etc.)...I know that other teams aren't as rich, BUT the other teams should at least fork over some percentage of the costs, depending on their ability to pay.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The Yankees are paying for their new stadium 100% themselves...the city only has to fork over infrastructure money (subway stop, roads, etc.)...I know that other teams aren't as rich, BUT the other teams should at least fork over some percentage of the costs, depending on their ability to pay.
    I agree 100%. If you can afford it don't buy it!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

I hope we get a stadium but I do not want another dome. A retractable roof would be ok, but i would much rather have open air stadium. And make sure they keep it easy and cheap to renovate in 20 years.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I would like to see a stadium with a retractable roof and a natural grass surface. It will cut down on the injuries although not be as fast and the problems are, the Vikes are built for speed right now. But then in four years when a stadium would be finished, they can redirect their draft after winning the Super Bowl this year.
    I agree with having an open air stadium.

But not real grass. We should get the new Field Turf.

This stuff is great, Ive had the opportunity to play on it a few times, its made of something, and chopped up rubber, like really finely cut, its almost like sand, except rubber. It causes less injuries than grass, doesnt burn you when you slide, and costs very little to maintain.

Del Rio Guest

Yeah well most stadiums that are built are a combination of money from the team and money from the community. If you aren't willing to pay 3 cents more for a loaf of bread don't cry when your team is in a state that wants one.

I assume the proposal will include a chunk of change from the team. The rest will fall on the state that benifits from having the team.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast