Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Minnesota Vikings G-Men (Everson Griffen, Letroy Guion) head 'em off at the pass

The Vikings are tied for seventh in the league, but their 12 sacks put them on a pace that would leave them only a couple shy of their 2011 total. Seven of the sacks are by linemen,
    That defensive line balance has helped the Vikings generate pressure without much blitzing. They sent safety Harrison Smith
    on Griffen's first sack Sunday, but were mostly able to keep defenders back and control wide receiver Calvin Johnson while the line sacked Stafford five times. That's helped their young secondary, which was shredded for 34 touchdowns and a 107.6 passer rating last season. "We had some (blitzes) up for this game just in case, but we really didn't have to go to them," coach Leslie Frazier said. "We did a great job with our four-man rush. ... When that happens, you don't have to bring pressure.

And we were able to not give up the big plays over the top of the defense."
    Minnesota Vikings G-Men (Everson Griffen, Letroy Guion) head 'em off at the pass - TwinCities.com

Have I mentioned that I'm (after the last 2 games) starting to buy into what the new D-coord is selling?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I have two posters telling me how many times we blitzed LBrs and S's. My observations are about the same as the HC's. Very little.

I wonder who is right? The me and the head coach or them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Minnesota Vikings G-Men (Everson Griffen, Letroy Guion) head 'em off at the pass - TwinCities.com

Have I mentioned that I'm (after the last 2 games) starting to buy into what the new D-coord is selling?
    No, you haven't.

In fact up until last Sunday, you were bagging on the DL for not getting pressure & felt after watching 1 game, Guion wasn't suited for NT & felt he should be moved back to his normal position.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    No, you haven't.

In fact up until last Sunday, you were bagging on the DL for not getting pressure & felt after watching 1 game, Guion wasn't suited for NT & felt he should be moved back to his normal position.
    I think you need to go revisit some of my "Post game thoughts" and other posts my friend cause I have.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We didn't get 5 sacks in 4 games from LB's and DB' without blitzing my friend. And to say those were the only blitzes of the season I just crazy talk,

Besides, it was you who started the season stating we had to bring the back 7 because we had no warpig so I am not sure where your new found love is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We didn't get 5 sacks in 4 games from LB's and DB' without blitzing my friend. And to say those were the only blitzes of the season I just crazy talk,

Besides, it was you who started the season stating we had to bring the back 7 because we had no warpig so I am not sure where your new found love is coming from.
    So me were I said that they were the only blitzes.....Additionally show me were I ever said that we don't have to blitz.

All I'm saying is that when we blitz a LB or a DB it creates a hole in our base defense when it comes to pass protection. If it isn't timed right, disguised, or fails, the QB is going to have alot better chance of finding someone open in that zone that was just vacated by the blitzer.

If you can get it done with the front 4 with just a few mixed in, then the scheme is being run the right way. If you have to send one on almost every play, then its not.

The new found love is for the rotation of Guion, Rob, Everson and Ballard (K-dubb). I like the versatility that they bring on passing downs.