COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson could get free rein against Broncos defense

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7807598
    [size=12pt]Porous Broncos defense might spell relief for Vikings rookie, whose fast start has cooled[/size]
    For Adrian Peterson, running room and yards have been hard to come by in the past three games, but the Vikings' star rookie still has a chance to close the season with a rush.

Stifled by a steady diet of stacked defenses, Peterson will be operating Sunday against a Denver Broncos unit that ranks 30th in the NFL against the run and was gashed for 107 yards in 2½ quarters by San Diego's LaDainian Tomlinson in a 23-3 loss Monday night.

That could be just what the doctor ordered for Peterson, who has rushed for only 108 yards in three games after getting 1,197 in his first 10 and sounded almost wistful after Sunday night's 32-21 loss to Washington when he said, "I can't remember the last time I saw a seven-man front."

Peterson was quick to add that if he and the Vikings keep fighting for yards, something eventually will open up.

Coach Brad Childress said he doesn't think his No. 1 draft choice is getting frustrated or pressing to break a big run...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson could get free rein against Broncos defen

"I can't remember the last time I saw a seven-man front."

Translation

"I'm glad that nobody else on this offense seems to be able to do anything useful, well better just hope that Denver is crappy enough that their 9 man fronts don't stop me."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson could get free rein against Broncos defense

Adrian will have a good game and end the season on a good note if we dont make the playoffs

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson could get free rein against Broncos defense

My prediction is that AD explodes and wins the rushing title.
    Since the chargers play at the same time and LT will more then likely get taken out of the game once they are winning.
    LT said he will ask to to stay in the game if it means winning the rushing title.
    Its just to bad that The purple jesus is going to run for 308 yards.

Nooks is offline Starter

I cant buy it because the Bears were ranked 29th against the run when we played them the second time this year and they held him to 80 yards.

I hope Im wrong!!!!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

the broncos normal defense is 3oth against the run. the broncos blitz every one but 2 guys to cover our crappy recivers is prolly #1 against the run
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel